Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Fans Idolize USA Goalie, Tim Howard. See What Tom Hanks, Joe Biden Etc Said - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fans Idolize USA Goalie, Tim Howard. See What Tom Hanks, Joe Biden Etc Said (852 Views)

Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' / VIDEO: Lionel Messi Fails To Score Penalty Against Japanese Robot Goalie / Nigeria Goalie Vincent Enyeama Joins Lille (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fans Idolize USA Goalie, Tim Howard. See What Tom Hanks, Joe Biden Etc Said by DIYTechnologies: 12:43pm On Jul 02, 2014
USA manager Jurgen Klinsmann:

“Tim Howard played phenomenal. He was outstanding and he kept us in the game. We knew we would have chances if we kept going forward but he was absolutely amazing.
“You can give him the biggest compliments in the world. “The longer he keeps you in the game you hope that you will get the breaks going forward. You can build on the back of
Tim. Games are decided by little things and thanks to Tim we had that possibility throughout 120 minutes.”

Celebrity reaction

Rihanna: Great job USA I’m proud of you boys! You put your
heart in it!
Tom Hanks: Tim Howard remains a god.

Tim Howard International Airport

Tim Howard’s heroics in USA’s World Cup round of 16 defeat to Belgium have led to a White House petition to rename an American airport after him.

Supporters want to rebrand Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport after the Everton stopper, but a further 98,000 signatures are needed if the plan is to be considered. Anyone can post a petition on the US government’s ‘We the People’ website and if 100,000 signatures are gathered, the administration will respond.

Tweets

1. Vice-President Joe Biden tweeted: “Proud that our guys, just like our country, never gave up. Tim Howard – most valuable player in the World Cup.”

2. @_camwba tweets : “Someone changed the US Secretary of Defence on Wikipedia to Tim Howard. Fantastic. ”
. @EdgeOfSports tweets : “Other than walk on water, I’m not sure what else Tim Howard can do.”

5. @VP [Vice-President Joe Biden] tweets: “Proud that our guys, just like our country, never gave up. Tim Howard – most valuable player in the World Cup. #USMNT”

6. ABC’s morning programme @GMA tweets a photo and adds: #Howard2016 #Howard2020 #Howard2024 #Howard2028 #Howard2032

7. @PatrickOsgood tweets : “Difference between Tim Howard and Jesus – Jesus had 11 guys he could trust”

8. @MichaelLHayes tweets : “I’ll work every Fourth of July if it means I get July 1 off (now known as National Tim Howard Day).”

http://www.nigeriasoccerfans.com/football-fans-posts/fans-news-report-global/americans-make-idol-tim-howard-see-saying/

(1) (Reply)

Messi/ronaldo. Suarez/bale. Neymar/rodrigues. Barca/realmadrid Sounds Fair ? / Sanchez Dropped By Wenger For Disrupting Arsenal’s Style / Keshi: Sack Me, I Will Get Job Elsewhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.