Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! (2654 Views)

Attention Seun. / ATTENTION Seun Osewa: Afam4ever Has Lost Moral Authority To Be A Moderator / On Sahalareporters' Wicked Attempt To Tarnish My Image (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by madamoringo(f): 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2014
Seun, I am surprised you've not proactively dealt with a situation in which posters ID have been stolen and re-created! I thought you would know better! Why? Have you not seen IDs that go back to 2011 but have now been hijacked? I have seen a couple alone here! When a poster suddenly begins to post in the opposite direction of his historical disposition, it could be that the ID was re-created by one of the impostors or that user had the same password for his NL account and email, so it was possible for the hackers to convert the ID to his own by changing the password. Think clearly and you will see what I mean. I have seen a few IDs today alone, my first day of really spending time on NL again since the data was stolen.

Now, do NL a favour, by immediately deleting any ID that has been complained about by the erstwhile owner, or make a facility or thread for NL who know this forum well to report such IDs and if it cannot be proved that the user actually owned the ID, please delete it or remove it permanently. That NL has not thought of this or seen this as a problem compromises the overall integrity of this forum, which you admitted in your post is actually a real entity on it's own and not just your hobby or creation! Would you stand by if someone stole your body and begins to speak and act on your behalf while tarnishing your image. Please act now and save us and NL from further embarrassment!

3 Likes

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 02, 2014
Please, I was banned in job section whereas I have never posted there since after the Nairaland downtime. Seun, how did I wrong you?
Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by eaglechild: 10:39pm On Jul 02, 2014
madam_oringo: Seun, I am surprised you've not proactively dealt with a situation in which posters ID have been stolen and re-created! I thought you would know better! Why? Have you not seen IDs that go back to 2011 but have now been hijacked? I have seen a couple alone here! When a poster suddenly begins to post in the opposite direction of his historical disposition, it could be that the ID was re-created by one of the impostors or that user had the same password for his NL account and email, so it was possible for the hackers to convert the ID to his own by changing the password. Think clearly and you will see what I mean. I have seen a few IDs today alone, my first day of really spending time on NL again since the data was stolen.

Now, do NL a favour, by immediately deleting any ID that has been complained about by the erstwhile owner, or make a facility or thread for NL who know this forum well to report such IDs and if it cannot be proved that the user actually owned the ID, please delete it or remove it permanently. That NL has not thought of this or seen this as a problem compromises the overall integrity of this forum, which you admitted in your post is actually a real entity on it's own and not just your hobby or creation! Would you stand by if someone stole your body and begins to speak and act on your behalf while tarnishing your image. Please act now and save us and NL from further embarrassment!

How in the world do you want Seun to authenticate such claims?
When the data has been lost.

He is not a wizard.

I can claim you stole my ID just to have it erased.
Please use your brain even if occasionally.

8 Likes

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by idumuose(m): 10:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
eaglechild:

How in the world do you want Seun to authenticate such claims?
When the data has been lost.

He is not a wizard.

I can claim you stole my ID just to have it erased.
Please use your brain even if occasionally.
You are on point bro.How would Seun know which moniker belongs to who?I am not in support of using a moniker that belongs to another person but in this case there is nothing seun can do....Absolutely nathing

3 Likes

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2014
It is really shameful to know that those who behave like kids on nairaland are actually full grown adults in real life,probably married with kids.

Nawao!

6 Likes

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by MaziOmenuko: 11:10pm On Jul 02, 2014
5.00GPA:
@IDUMUOSE

I thought there was a rule against posting pictures of a Nl member without his consent? Or did the hackers remove the rule?

4 Likes

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by donphilopus: 11:28pm On Jul 02, 2014
5.00GPA:
@IDUMUOSE

He be like smoker!

2 Likes

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by donphilopus: 11:32pm On Jul 02, 2014
Mazi_Omenuko:

I thought there was a rule against posting pictures of a Nl member without his consent? Or did the hackers remove the rule?

So, there was no rule against that when Chino uploaded some “alleged” pictures of Eggheaders?!

4 Likes

Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by MaziOmenuko: 11:50pm On Jul 02, 2014
donphilopus:

So, there was no rule against that when Chino uploaded some “alleged” pictures of Eggheaders?!

I don't really follow this mad politics section; you guys deserve your own set of rules here.

Anyway, whatever works for you guys.
Re: Attention Seun: Delete Every Stolen Id / Account, Don't Tarnish Nl! by Gboliwe: 6:43am On Jul 03, 2014
madam_oringo: Seun, I am surprised you've not proactively dealt with a situation in which posters ID have been stolen and re-created! I thought you would know better! Why? Have you not seen IDs that go back to 2011 but have now been hijacked? I have seen a couple alone here! When a poster suddenly begins to post in the opposite direction of his historical disposition, it could be that the ID was re-created by one of the impostors or that user had the same password for his NL account and email, so it was possible for the hackers to convert the ID to his own by changing the password. Think clearly and you will see what I mean. I have seen a few IDs today alone, my first day of really spending time on NL again since the data was stolen.

I don't think any nairalander with a username dating prior the 10th of January 2014 can claim an identity or username hijack. However, its quite confusing seeing some branded names acting like ewu, its at such times the moderators should take action.

For example, Orlando Owoh, Tpia and Shymex have complained, its just fair that those hijacked names be deactivated.

(1) (2) (3)

How Do You Sleep? Pic / General Overseer Caught Pants Down With Wife Of A Military Man And Another Woman / BVN Registration For Nigerians In Diaspora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.