Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,183 members, 7,957,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:18 PM

The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) (4069 Views)

Long Distance Relationship....episode 1 / MISTS IN THE MOUNTAIN - The Cruelty Of Distance / Poem=from A Distance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Whizpeter(m): 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
This aint a short story na undecided
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
Whizpeter: This aint a short story na undecided
really,m sorry tot it would be one short story but inspiration kept coming

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Whizpeter(m): 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
missyhorlah: really,m sorry tot it would be one short story but inspiration kept coming

Alright... More Engine Oil to Ya Keke!!
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Pr0ton: 11:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
Here I come again.. Op do u skul at u.i?
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 08, 2014
Pr0ton: Here I come again.. Op do u skul at u.i?
no
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by ifex370(m): 6:27am On Jul 08, 2014
Pr0ton: Here I come again.. Op do u skul at u.i?

ohhhhhhhhhh here we go again... sad
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Pr0ton: 7:26am On Jul 08, 2014
ifex370:

ohhhhhhhhhh here we go again... sad
sorry
Op continue.. Your story
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Aipete2(f): 9:13am On Jul 08, 2014
Aw waiting
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
Continues* Few days later,she left me this message on facebook. She wrote- "sometimes,love doesnt go as deep as we'd like it to. I spent some time in you presence but i really dont know for how long,for i lost myself in the pre tense. Floated on the words of your song above the trees,across the seas,to lands of magical mystery. All logic and sense deserted me as i fell into you. I swam through eyes of deepest blue to the very dept of your soul,dont knw how long my journey took,i just went along with the flow,sailed along the winding river to the land of never never as i fell into you. I sailed past your heart and on into your womb. Felt the love of a mother for her child but while this single act held my own self-esteem, It also told me i'd lose you in a while. I returned from my journey on an exhale of breath,my mind blown away by the blast.Dazed and confused by the dreamy attest,that somehow our love wouldn't last. The dream faded away,blue skies turned gray and i was back in the world of reality as i fell out of you. I still saw love in your eyes but that love had changed, a chapter of my life had come to an end.You left me for another girl and you thought i would wait for you?Love isnt blind.Just hold your peace and let me be.Thanks".The message changed my view about love and life.Though i went through emotional and psychological trauma but thank God i came out of it unshattered

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
Eversince the sad love story ended,I've remained single and happy. Regardless of the ending,that first meeting in real life was a special moment.If cyber love is as real as the more traditional kind,then doesn't it follow that there might be an equal measure of pain and insecurity? Early dawn,the mists were swirling,twirling,damp and gray;preventing me from seeing the other side. Like the waves from the shore,rolling away from someone you love is the best. The ones that love us never really leave us-you can always find them deep down in your heart.Our life is like a thorny rose,not perfect but always beautiful provided you're on the right track. Ever since,i ve worn a mask that always smiled to hide my feelings. My goal is golden,for can never be a slave to my emotions;NEVERMORE! Thank you all for reading. Note:- this is just a fiction
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Pr0ton: 11:15am On Jul 11, 2014
missyhorlah:
Eversince the sad love story ended,I've remained single and happy. Regardless of the ending,that first meeting in real life was a special moment.If cyber love is as real as the more traditional kind,then doesn't it follow that there might be an equal measure of pain and insecurity? Early dawn,the mists were swirling,twirling,damp and gray;preventing me from seeing the other side. Like the waves from the shore,rolling away from someone you love is the best. The ones that love us never really leave us-you can always find them deep down in your heart.Our life is like a thorny rose,not perfect but always beautiful provided you're on the right track. Ever since,i ve worn a mask that always smiled to hide my feelings. My goal is golden,for can never be a slave to my emotions;NEVERMORE! Thank you all for reading. Note:- this is just a fiction
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Pr0ton: 11:20am On Jul 11, 2014
wow that's cool.. An interesting life story grin

And we will have it at the back of our mind that it's a fiction

Keep it up wink cheesy
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
[quote author=Pr0ton][/quote]r U̶̲̥̅̊ just quoting me for fun
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
Pr0ton: wow that's cool.. An interesting life story grin

And we will have it at the back of our mind that it's a fiction

Keep it up wink cheesy
thank u

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Pr0ton: 5:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
missyhorlah: r U̶̲̥̅̊ just quoting me for fun

at alll

Trust megrin

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Pr0ton: 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
missyhorlah: thank u
Pleasuresmiley

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Aipete2(f): 11:23am On Jul 15, 2014
Thats why am scared to fall in love
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
Aipete2: Thats why am scared to fall in love
you don't have to be just make sure you look verywell before U̶̲̥̅̊ leap
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Aipete2(f): 5:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
missyhorlah: you don't have to be just make sure you look verywell before U̶̲̥̅̊ leap
Ok tanx ma'am
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by TheCode(m): 8:40am On Jul 16, 2014
@ op, Hmmm.

Well, from on writer to the other, ur plot is intriguing though well beaten by romance fiction writers, but ur diction is mawkish.

Also, your characters should be better developed (I know its a short story). Your objective is to make us feel the pains of Donald, and u really tried at that but there were some leaks in the story that should have been artistically plugged.

It is even not necessary to hide the social site he went to find love since it is a work of fiction. To be honest, the entire writeup sounded (to me, at least) more like a surrealistic reconstruction of what happened to u or a close pal of urs.

You have got talent and creativity though, else I would not have read up to 80% of the story (I am quite a selective reader). You just need more and more practice. Keep writing - thats the only way to become a guru in this art. I am still learning too.

You mentioned being in 200l. Thats great. By the time u graduate, u may be a bestseller or have a great blog, who knows? I am a graduate myself, and due for youth service come this August. Modestly speaking, I am also an Author, a Poet, a Programmer and a Songwriter (seems i write anything writable, lolzzz), but as I said earlier, I am still learning.

Persevere and one day media headlines may scream about the emergence of a cute young writer... [yeah, I checked out your profile pix wink ]

More kerosine to ur Jet. Cheers!
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 16, 2014
TheCode: @ op, Hmmm.

Well, from on writer to the other, ur plot is intriguing though well beaten by romance fiction writers, but ur diction is mawkish.

Also, your characters should be better developed (I know its a short story). Your objective is to make us feel the pains of Donald, and u really tried at that but there were some leaks in the story that should have been artistically plugged.

It is even not necessary to hide the social site he went to find love since it is a work of fiction. To be honest, the entire writeup sounded (to me, at least) more like a surrealistic reconstruction of what happened to u or a close pal of urs.

You have got talent and creativity though, else I would not have read up to 80% of the story (I am quite a selective reader). You just need more and more practice. Keep writing - thats the only way to become a guru in this art. I am still learning too.

You mentioned being in 200l. Thats great. By the time u graduate, u may be a bestseller or have a great blog, who knows? I am a graduate myself, and due for youth service come this August. Modestly speaking, I am also an Author, a Poet, a Programmer and a Songwriter (seems i write anything writable, lolzzz), but as I said earlier, I am still learning.

Persevere and one day media headlines may scream about the emergence of a cute young writer... [yeah, I checked out your profile pix wink ]

More kerosine to ur Jet. Cheers!
all noted.Thank you
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Asito(m): 12:10am On Jul 25, 2014
I ddnt have the patience to read some of it. *urhh who am I kidding, most of it* but the few lines I managed to skim through screamed talent allover it. Nice one op, keep the fire burning. But next time, when you say short story, please mean it.
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by rapmike(m): 5:50am On Jul 25, 2014
I was here. Nice work.

And its still short for NL standards.
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
just passing

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by kingphilip(m): 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
missyhorlah
come back hia nw or else
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2014
kingphilip: missyhorlah
come back hia nw or else
yes sir,m here.Or else what?
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by kingphilip(m): 8:10am On Jul 28, 2014
missyhorlah: yes sir,m here.Or else what?
just wanted to c ur face

BTW wen r u writing another gud piece nw
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 29, 2014
kingphilip:
just wanted to c ur face

BTW wen r u writing another gud piece nw
lol,atleast m here now.Only God knows when
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by kingphilip(m): 7:45am On Jul 29, 2014
missyhorlah: lol,atleast m here now.Only God knows when
Hw about this weekend
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 29, 2014
kingphilip:
Hw about this weekend
ok,probably.
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by kingphilip(m): 6:26pm On Jul 29, 2014
missyhorlah: ok,probably.
I'll b waiting
hope I'll b the 1st to comment
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by theSpark(m): 7:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
missyhorlah: This will be the first story I will post here!so I want it to be criticized

Nice story. When I started reading I had to go back and check twice, you did well as a girl writing a guy's story.

For a first story its cool. Try to write out your words in full. There were also some characters that didn't show. I don't know why.

I also wrote my first story a few days back, I would like to hear your opinions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confessions Of A Uber Taxi Driver / Gospel Scripts, Christian Literature And Drama. / My Sex Experience Prt 1.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.