Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,237 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) (4003 Views)

Long Distance Relationship....episode 1 / MISTS IN THE MOUNTAIN - The Cruelty Of Distance / Poem=from A Distance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 02, 2014
This will be the first story I will post here!so I want it to be criticized
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 03, 2014
My story is really magcal but at the same time wierd.At the age of 22,I can honestly,truthfully and shamelessliy say have never had a successful crush on someone.Though girls admire me because m one of a kind;my talent was what made me outstanding;it was a cold night in february ,the valentine has just passed by nd still no lover,I sighed.why m I so unlucky??several question ran across my sighing soul.have been searching for that special someone who will wholeheartedly love me.being the shy type loneliness was a burden I carried as a young adult.It was terrible and my life was colourless.To me I was figthing a losing battle,a. War which seems unending.in search for love.I logged in into a lesser known dating website(name witheld)a friend recommended.Lucky me,I had already found a girl within a month .At first it was cold not until I got hot !oh sorry I forgot to introduce myself m Donald by name•••
Early morning calls,late night chat;crazy me.I was overwhelmed with the joy of finding a girl at last;although we weren't dating but I knew something funny was gonna happen between us.From that point onward we began to meet online regularly and often we know eachother!she called herself debby,a name I found appealing.days went by and we chatted regularly mostly on weekends not knowing that cupid was calling as we became closer.There was more warmth and care in the whole"cyberlove" or "e_romance" as we got acquinted to eachother.Though we haven't met but the chemical romance was in action and whenever we fail to meet online the whole day was enshrounded in gloom.we were technologically inseparable for months before we met but there is always a reality of how meeting her actually turned out.it wasn't love at first sight but the attraction our conversation generated caught me off guard
#To be continued later#
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Hawlahscho(m): 12:20am On Jul 03, 2014
runs out to by popcorn and can coke, runs back b4 you continue, grabs one VIP chair, sits calm, sipping coke and enjoying d popcorn, waiting till you continue.

Oga ride on.....
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 03, 2014
*continues* I didn't think it would go any further than an unrequited crush but I was wrong.separated by thousands of miles but we nevertheless share immeasurable bursts of affection and passion.Our first phone call was magical I must confess.it was a pleasantly amiable conversation.Her voice was so divine and ear splitting.Listening to her sweet voice,time seems to slow down.Then I said to myself,there is a super model buried un there somwhere,could this finally be what I've been hoping for?I asked myself
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 03, 2014
Late that night,she was all over in my dreams,she's got just a touch of brown in her hair and little lines around her eyes that I was lost.She moved through my dreams like a star in the night.OH!dreams could be so crazy;it was just fantasy nOt until it dawned on me.Her text woke me up and it was the content of the text that made me believe that it wasn't just a dream;it was real.'Dream unite fantasy and reality',she texted.At that very point,I felt like a sparrow .I knew the whole chemistry between us.We've been meeting in dreams,why not real life,she asked?I'll admit,I was flattered by her persistence and impressed by her confidence so I gave in.Its been five (5) months together as cyber lovers,so I was so eager to see my 'gorgeous pearl' coz she's actually one.her pictures would leave your jaws dropping,she's a mother goddess that no word would describe her beauty.A date was fixed as I travelled down to the rock city;Abeokuta. #to be continued later#
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 03, 2014
Continues* in the romantic transition from online chats to real life meetings,the reality inevitably turns out more than you planned on or less than u had hoped for so I was well prepared for the outcome.I've been waiting all week for this day and so was she.we both decided on how the date would go.And so we met,she's a carbon copy of her picture.anything I say about her beauty would sound so cliche.'Cos only heavenly words could describe her;we are almost of the same height.she gave me a tight hug.Which I so much enjoyed to be honest,as we ran into eachothers open arm.we went to the pool side,had fun before I took her to a chinese restaurant and we were delighted with everything there,the ambience,food and being able to meet this gorgeous pearl' was joy comprehension.we spend the day together as I walked her back to her house very late in the night.the night was illuminated with millions of stars with the stream of moonlight shinning on us
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by JigsawKillah(m): 11:44am On Jul 03, 2014
Im suppose o say something but honestly i cant remember

SAW
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Lorlaahlozz: 11:49am On Jul 03, 2014
was here
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 03, 2014
While I walked her down to her house I held her tight from the back and said'I have a gift for you sweetie',then I pulled out a golden necklace from my coat and gave it to her.she was gushing with surprise,turned around and looked into my lovely eyes.she thanked me and gave me a peck.we were so tired on getting to her house,she stayed in a room apartment ,very close to funaab.How we met and fell in love was so heart warming,yeah!it was.She looked so lovely that evening that I had nothing else mattered in the world as long as she was by my side.she leaned against my chest.then she planted a deep kiss on my waiting lips.being my first kiss,I couldn't resist the hein(let me skip this part cause of the underaged).first kiss is heavenlt if youakve been broken,you would understand better.that first kiss still remains fresh in my mind and on my lips,the residue of her taste tingles within me and it gives me so much strength ans passion.I had no idea one kiss could be so powerful.And so it went;our first date was so awesome,though I've heard awkard stories about first dates but ours surpassed our expectation.I called her my dream future cause I wanna settle down with her later in the future.Right from that very moment,our love waxed stronger than diamond,her name was boldly written on the walls of my heart#to be continued#
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2014
enjoying this

more bullets to your double barrel
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 04, 2014
Fwendshp was here

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
Continues#
I spent the whole weekend in the rock city before I returned to my fotress but the truth is,things weren't always super easy,living states a way from eachother was really though.But I can honesty say that when you are deeply and unselfishly in love,things aren't gonna be that hard.And I wish each and everyone of us,if u haven't found it already,a true love.Our relationship was perfect(because it wasn't)but because we found a way to love eachother despite our imperfections,despite our quirks and idioyncrasies and despite a sometimes uncertain future together.I've learnt to listen to my heart,I've learnt that if you never make room for better things and better ways to be,if you never clear out the things in your life that stand in the way of your hapiness,then you are not agligning your universe to allow for amazing thing in ur life,you don't find yourself,you create yourself and the same goes for love:you don't find love,you create a road for love to travel and wait for it to come,phone texts and calls were forced to be enough but we still remembered what bond us together_a love like no other,endless and palpable#to be continued later#
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by daveP(m): 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
Hmm! Dnt give up now!
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 07, 2014
# continues#As time went on,we became familiar strangers.it was all my fault tho,we contact A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̅ we got disconnected for a montha.it was then i sent her a this message on facebook ,the message goes thus:atimes i call your cellphone only to hear your voicemail,just hope i will hear your voice,i look at your pictures everyday A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̅ imagine U̶̲̥̅̊ with me,i look at your smiles A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̅ remember all the things we have done together,everything we have been through.I alwaiz look at all the jokes we have shared.All the times you have picked me up A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̅ brush me off when m down.U̶̲̥̅̊'d always stayed with me till U̶̲̥̅̊ knew i was ok but i can't help but to wonder if U̶̲̥̅̊ miss U̶̲̥̅̊ as much as i miss U̶̲̥̅̊,i miss U̶̲̥̅̊ like romeo misses juliet,my heart beats your name llike thunder *much love* but she didn't reply.Maybe she thought i had found a better girl but she was wrong.In my quest to save the relationship i travelled down to abeokuta but the outcome was what totally left me stunned A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̅ shell shocked.then i heard she has transferred her transcript to the united state,tears of pain ran down my cheeks as coldness engulfed my empty eye..Quesera sera _whatever will be will be i comforted my self..my debbie was gone,she never said good bye but life still goes on like a gnawing mouse #to be continued later

2 Likes

Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by ifex370(m): 3:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
buh u no be guy na
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
ifex370: buh u no be guy na
writing from a guys point of view
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Pr0ton: 3:48pm On Jul 07, 2014
grin grin Now lemme read this again
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Pr0ton: 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
Sorry to ask.. Are you a lesbian? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pr0ton: Sorry to ask.. Are you a lesbian? undecided
wtfthis story doesn't have anything to do with me
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pr0ton: grin grin Now lemme read this again
make Ūя̲̅ self comfortable
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Pr0ton: 4:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
missyhorlah: wtfthis story doesn't have anything to do with me
Then why are you concerned?

1 Like

Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Pr0ton: 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
missyhorlah: make Ūя̲̅ self comfortable
€€€€I Tried€€€€
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pr0ton:
Then why are you concerned?
concerned about what
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Pr0ton: 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
missyhorlah: concerned about what
Why posting a story that's not yours...
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pr0ton:
Why posting a story that's not yours...
its mine ,what m saying ℓ̊Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋ ,it doesn't af enithing to do with me,its an imaginary story .
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Pr0ton: 4:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
missyhorlah: its mine ,what m saying ℓ̊Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋ ,it doesn't af enithing to do with me,its an imaginary story .
WoW.. That's beautiful.. I never knew.. Btw, what class are you
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pr0ton:
WoW.. That's beautiful.. I never knew.. Btw, what class are you
class?nah
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Pr0ton: 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
missyhorlah: class?nah
Level?
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pr0ton:
Level?
Re: The Cruelty Of Distance(a Short Story) by Pr0ton: 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2014
missyhorlah: 200
Cool€€€Keep it up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Grass To Grace / The Royal Maid Episode 1 / READ AND GROW RICH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.