Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job (25848 Views)

List Of Foreign Coaches Interested In Super Eagles Job / NFF Goes For Foreign Coaches / A List Of Great Players Who Failed As Coaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by coded01: 8:30am On Jul 03, 2014
The scramble for who takes over the position of Super Eagles coach has started after France kicked Eagles out of the Brazil World Cup.
Keshi had delivered a valedictory speech to his players at the dressing room in Brasilia after they were bundled out 2-0 by France to signal the rush for applications by many coaches who admire the glut of talents that abound in the Super Eagles.

But an official of the NFF who pleaded anonymity confirmed that they have been besieged by many interests from foreigners but said that it was too early for them to disclose the identities of such coaches since Keshi had not tendered his resignation letter to the body.

‘’Everything we have heard about his resignation is from the press. He has not informed us formally and as such, we still consider him as our coach.

Many coaches have expressed their interests in the job but we need to meet and review our performance in the World Cup and sundry issues. If he insists on resigning, definitely, his position will be taken over by someone else. But for now, he is still our coach”, one of the influential officials of the football house told Sports Vanguard here in Brazil.

Keshi yet again gave a hint that he was done with the Eagles job in an interview he granted TheCable and was asked if he has resigned;

‘’ Yes. I have done my bit. I am tired of all the intrigues and backbiting and insinuations I get”.

When asked if President Goodluck Jonathan intervenes and sort things out like he did after the Africa Cup of Nations, Keshi said: ‘’As much as I respect and appreciate the number one citizen of the country I am afraid that this time it is going to be difficult. I am totally done with some of these people”.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/foreign-coaches-scramble-super-eagles-job/#sthash.4PSG5DcW.dpuf
Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by coded01: 8:41am On Jul 03, 2014
coded01: When asked if President Goodluck Jonathan intervenes and sort things out like he did after the Africa Cup of Nations, Keshi said: ‘’As much as I respect and appreciate the number one citizen of the country I am afraid that this time it is going to be difficult. I am totally done with some of these people”.

Are you referring to the Presidency, NFF, Media, Players or the Loyal Nigerian People... angry

Speak out or else... grin tongue grin

4 Likes

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by Wisdytech(m): 8:53am On Jul 03, 2014
it is wel!

Breaking news:

I just hear with on ear say one court for Abuja don delete Aminu Maigari commot as chairman of the Nigerian Football Association (NFA)......

My one ear also hear say the court follow delete all the NFA board members too.

Modified on: thurs. 03.07.2014, 05:15pm

1 Like

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 03, 2014
We need coach who knows the technical and tactical know how... NFF should choose wisely. Though Keshi tried but...

7 Likes

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by coded01: 9:15am On Jul 03, 2014
Yomii: We need coach who knows the technical and tactical know how... NFF should choose wisely. Though Keshi tried but...

Can we recommend a few for the Super eagles? grin tongue grin
Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by Tval(m): 9:31am On Jul 03, 2014
He's tired of those hating him among the NFF. Aye o fe ki agbe eru ka so ayafi ori eni.
Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 03, 2014
Nigeria should stick to Nigeria manager

We have to take a long term view on these things

The most successful foreign manager won afcon and got us to second round of World Cup.

A Nigerian has equaled that record within a shorter time

While there have been a lot of foreign managers who have come in and failed.

There is no clear evidence that we will benefit from hiring a foreigner and quite frankly no one will hire mourinho or Wenger so what is the point?

45 Likes

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by ebullientV(m): 9:35am On Jul 03, 2014
We need a coach who is very sound and know the intricacies of the modern game.. It doesn't matter if the coach is black or white, as long as he can take the SE to d next level we are ok..
This team has the potential to be world beaters, only if the right decision is made can that bcome reality tho..

1 Like

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by coded01: 9:40am On Jul 03, 2014
ebullientV: We need a coach who is very sound and know the intricacies of the modern game.. It doesn't matter if the coach is black or white, as long as he can take the SE to d next level we are ok..
This team has the potential to be world beaters, only if the right decision is made can that bcome reality tho..

A team with players like Yobo, Mikel n .............. grin tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by coded01: 9:41am On Jul 03, 2014
ebullientV: We need a coach who is very sound and know the intricacies of the modern game.. It doesn't matter if the coach is black or white, as long as he can take the SE to d next level we are ok..

Agree with you on the words in bold... cool

1 Like

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by coded01: 9:43am On Jul 03, 2014
T-val:
He's tired of those hating him among the NFF. Aye o fe ki agbe eru ka so ayafi ori eni.

If so! Let him mention names and clear their doubts... grin tongue grin
Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by ebullientV(m): 9:59am On Jul 03, 2014
coded01:

A team with players like Yobo, Mikel n .............. grin tongue grin
Lool. Yobo is done already.. We have seen/heard d last of him..
As for ''the-father-of-all-snails'' I think a good coach will know that he is rubbish and put him where he belongs i.e the bench

1 Like

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by Tval(m): 10:00am On Jul 03, 2014
coded01:

If so! Let him mention names and clear their doubts... grin tongue grin

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by coded01: 10:04am On Jul 03, 2014
T-val:

cheesy

wink
Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by coded01: 10:04am On Jul 03, 2014
ebullientV: Lool. Yobo is done already.. We have seen/heard d last of him..
As for ''the-father-of-all-snails'' I think a good coach will know that he is rubbish and put him where he belongs i.e the bench

grin grin grin
Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by nerodenero: 11:08am On Jul 03, 2014
My grudge with Keshi is the lack of bench. How could you go to worldcup without a bench? Who does that? I think he should be allowed to continue his job or if possible, Jonathan should interfere again. We need a long term programme so that we can have a replica of the Eagles of the 90s. As for Africa, Keshi knows the continent well and I see us performing well in the next AFCON. I believe if he is allowed to continue, he would still come good for Nigeria besides, he would have learnt from his past mistakes. Aside Westerhof and Bonfrere Jo, no other Foreign Manager has offered Nigeria anything good. Keshi should stay on.

7 Likes

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by Goke7: 11:15am On Jul 03, 2014
mikeansy: Nigeria should stick to Nigeria manager

We have to take a long term view on these things

The most successful foreign manager won afcon and got us to second round of World Cup.

A Nigerian has equaled that record within a shorter time

While there have been a lot of foreign managers who have come in and failed.

There is no clear evidence that we will benefit from hiring a foreigner and quite frankly no one will hire mourinho or Wenger so what is the point?

But do we ever learn? we are surely going back to the soccer wilderness with all thiese madness
Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 03, 2014
coded01:

Can we recommend a few for the Super eagles? grin tongue grin
If only NFF will listen to our voice.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by coded01: 11:54am On Jul 03, 2014
Yomii:
If only NFF will listen to our voice.

My brother, i support you on this but unfortunately they listen to their pockets not the voice of the Nigerian People... grin embarassed grin

1 Like

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by chibwike(m): 12:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
lets take a look at teams like Chile,Mexico,costa rica and even our african brothers Algeria....these teams can't boast of this Messi's.Neymar's and Cr7's of the world...they are just a blend of talented footballers...that are being tutored by great coaches that knws the game....We ve got the talents and we ve also got the money to hire one of all these great coaches(no disrepect to our african coaches) to come and change our footie for good...WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR??
Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by kossyablaze(m): 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
Hahahahhaha....I heard David Moyes is among too.Please they should appoint him

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
If its gonna be a foreign coach,it should be Jo Bonfere or clemens Westerhoff. Anyone else apart from these two, then Nigeria football on the brink!
Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by redsun(m): 12:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
That will mean a thousand steps backward for nigerian football. Keshi need more time,support and moral boost. Africans for African football,that is the only way forward. Learn to catch your own fish people,not depending on colonial masters in everything,even for toothpicks.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by kossyablaze(m): 12:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
berem: If its gonna be a foreign coach,it should be Jo Bonfere or clemens Westerhoff. Anyone else apart from these two, then Nigeria football on the brink!
I love u Berem...been wanting to tell u

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by Silensa(m): 12:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
in my own opinion I think a Nigerian should take over if need be, but on the other hand I think keshi should continue

1 Like

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by ednut1(m): 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
scammers grin
Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
he prefers resignation to sack that's why he's doing all this. but personally i think it's stewpiid

1 Like

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by ednut1(m): 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
berem: If its gonna be a foreign coach,it should be Jo Bonfere or clemens Westerhoff. Anyone else apart from these two, then Nigeria football on the brink!
what year do u think this is? 1998?

10 Likes

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
kossyablaze: I love u Berem...been wanting to tell u
thanks! smiley
Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by Big4wig(m): 12:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ofcourse they will scramble for the position na abi who no want money..mtshww,wish keshi would stay..d man tried wella

GIRL uses her father's picture as her BBM DP*
HER FRIEND: so u also know that yeye man? he hates using condom cheesy

1 Like

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by kossyablaze(m): 12:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
berem: thanks! smiley
Add me on fb @ kossy michael scot

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Foreign Coaches Scramble For Super Eagles Job by bhaliz44(m): 12:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
lies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Super Falcons Move Up In Latest FIFA World Ranking / Vincent Enyeama And Wife In New Lovely Photos / Daniel Akpeyi And Wife, Emmanuella Welcome Son (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.