Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland (1685 Views)

Ritualists Den Discovered In Iyana-Ilogbo, Ogun State / Ritualists Remove Heart Of Young Girl After Killing Her (Graphic Photos) / Ritualist Den Uncovered In Ibadan (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by chiefinalowo: 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
A ritualists’ den was, yesterday, uncovered at Ogolonto area of Ikorodu Lagos, with at least eight victims, said to have been kidnapped from different parts of the country, rescued.

One of the victims, a 52-year‑old man, who identified himself simply as Onwurah, alleged that his wife had a hand in his kidnap, saying he had spent two years in the enclave.The den was uncovered following a foiled attempt by a mother of four to take one of her victims, a seven year‑old boy, to the den.Vanguard gathered that the woman identified as Mrs Rosemary Chukwu, who resides at 33, Omologede Street, behind C&S Primary School, allegedly abducted the seven-year‑old primary school pupil, Emmanuel Emeka, on his way to fetch water from a public well at about 6.30 a.m.Chukwu was alleged to have kept the boy inside her toilet and engaged her four children in a prayer session, apparently to prevent her co‑tenants from hearing the abducted boy’s cry for help.

How Emeka was rescuedMeanwhile, back in the abducted boy’s home, located four buildings from his captors, his mother became apprehensive over his unusual delay. She was said to have raised alarm which caused residents to conduct a search round the neighborhood for Emeka.Eye witnesses told Vanguard that Chukwu even went out and suggested areas where the search party could search for the missing boy. She was said to have been sighted with a suitcase on her head, accompanied by her children.An eye witness, who gave his name as Oyetoye Gbemi, said: “She told us she was travelling to the village. But one of the area boys who was among the search party, ordered his colleagues to search the box.“Immediately she heard that, she flung the box away and took to her heels. We all suspected something was amiss. When the box was opened, Emmanuel was found inside, half dead.“The area boys descended on her and stripped her naked. On interrogation, she said her pastor, the General Overseer of Holy Family Ministry a.k.a House of Mercy, asked her to bring the boy.“The area boys followed her to 319, Lagos Road, Ikorodu, where the church is situated, where they saw her pastor waiting for her. But on sighting the crowd, he took to his heels.“But for the arrival of Policemen from Owutu division, the woman would have been lynched. The angry mob also attempted to set the church ablaze but were also prevented by the policemen.

They, however, succeeded in torching some parts of the property.”Ritualists’ den uncoveredWhen Vanguard arrived the scene, a crowd had gathered, giving varying accounts of what happened.But to the astonishment of all, another building alleged to be used for ritual purposes by Pastor Ernest Nwankwo was discovered.The building located at 7, Oshodi Street, was behind the church. It was gathered that some miscreants uncovered the building while they were chasing the fleeing pastor.The mob was said to have forced some apartments in the building open, where they found an undisclosed number of persons in chains.The victims were said to have recounted how they were kidnapped from Anambra, Bayelsa, Ogun and Oyo states at different times. One of them, according to eye witnesses, who pleaded anonymity, said she was kidnapped 11 years ago.According to an eyewitness, “the woman said she is about 50 years old and that she was kidnapped along the Lagos/Ibadan expressway while returning from a vigil.“The rest were males and were wearing briefs. They looked haggard and tired. The area boys set them free when they opened the apartments. I believe some of them should be with the police.“There were also ‘Ghana must go’ bags of currencies . The area boys looted some of the things they met before the arrival of the Police.”I was abducted from Anambra 2 yrs ago—VictimWhen Vanguard visited the den, there were bloodstains around the building and a particular apartment where those alleged to be in chains were kept, was opened up. The apartment was dark and was littered with dirty cutlery suspected to have been used to feed the victims. There was also a bowl which contained suspected human blood.

A 52 year‑old man seen in chains told Vanguard that he was kidnapped two years ago from Anambra State. He said he used to be a commercial bus driver before he was abducted and brought to Lagos.“The man said he could not join others to escape because the key to his chain could not be found. When he was asked if Pastor Ernest was responsible for his abduction, he charged at him, saying: “Do not call him a pastor. He is not. He is a killer and a ritualist.”A community leader in the area who identified himself as Alfa Olajide Odeji, told Vanguard that the building on Oshodi Street was always under lock and key. He said there were unusual movements there at night. His claim was collaborated by another community leader who gave his name as Elder Sikiru Odebowale.Efforts to reach the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide failed. However, Police sources confirmed that the female suspect was in Police custody and that the seven-year‑old boy had been taken to a hospital. His condition could, however, not be ascertained. Also, Pastor Ernest Nwankwo was said to be on the run. - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/ritualists-den-uncovered-8-kidnapped-victims-rescued-lagos/#sthash.flkqadqL.dpuf

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/ritualists-den-uncovered-8-kidnapped-victims-rescued-lagos/#sthash.flkqadqL.dpuf
Re: Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by Mimisboygreat: 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
@op chineke kpokwa gi oku dia. So shall all the yorubas in igboland be sent packing. Ewu gambia.

2 Likes

Re: Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by dagentility(f): 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
Another igbo VS yoruba thread. But on a more serious note, it seems yorubas cant stay a day without engaging in E-fight with the igbos.

1 Like

Re: Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 05, 2014
You people should please stop all these nonsense. How are we supposed to get better as a nation if we keep reasoning this way? If something is wrong let's stick together and fight it. What has tribe got to do with depravity and wickedness?

1 Like

Re: Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
Lol,the world knows that even benin witches are learners compared to that of the yorubas.
Mennn the word 'igbo' will be the cause of 80% of yoruba people's death!!
Mtchewww
Re: Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2014
How can you be begging ants to stop licking sugar?!
Yorubas are ants and tribalism is sugar to them.
This all boils down to envy and jealousy.

0rex: You people should please stop all these nonsense. How are we supposed to get better as a nation if we keep reasoning this way? If something is wrong let's stick together and fight it. What has tribe got to do with depravity and wickedness?
Re: Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2014
Peppyluv: How can you be begging ants to stop licking sugar?!
Yorubas are ants and tribalism is sugar to them.
This all boils down to envy and jealousy.

cheesy I am a yoruba guy & I'm not a tribalist.
Re: Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
Very few of you my dear.
I entered a bus oneday and the driver was arguing with a lady,they were both wrong but I pleaded with the lady to consider the age of the driver and calm down. Only for this old haggard driver with mark of the beast! to turn around and start insulting Igbo people! I was pissed, I returned the insults and some passengers even those who were not Igbos joined me. Some were telling him to be ashamed that at his age,he was a tribalist and that lady he was having issues with turned out to be from kogi.

0rex:
cheesy I am a yoruba guy & I'm not a tribalist.
Re: Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
Peppyluv: Very few of you my dear.
I entered a bus oneday and the driver was arguing with a lady,they were both wrong but I pleaded with the lady to consider the age of ...

grin Lol! Sorry about your experience. It would be a lie if I deny that quite a number of 'my people' especially the illiterate or semi-literate ones are bigoted tribalists but it isn't limited to them alone.
I think prefering people of our own family/ tribe/ race to others is much more of a human thing.
However, the world would be a better place if we all could just treat people based on their own merit & not tribe. wink
Re: Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
Million likes for this. I am now a fan,sir smiley

0rex:
grin Lol! Sorry about your experience. It would be a lie if I deny that quite a number of 'my people' especially the illiterate or semi-literate ones are bigoted tribalists but it isn't limited to them alone.
I think prefering people of our own family/ tribe/ race to others is much more of a human thing.
However, the world would be a better place if we all could just treat people based on their own merit & not tribe. wink

1 Like

Re: Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
Peppyluv: Million likes for this. I am now a fan,sir smiley

Thank you. wink
Re: Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by chiefinalowo: 12:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
This is an update of the main Topic: Pastor offered me N2.5m for boy, made love to me in dream – ‘Prayer warrior’ accused of kidnapping co-tenant’s child

New information has come to light on the controversial kidnapping of a seven-year-old boy by his parents’ neighbour and mother of four, Mrs. Rosemary Chukwu, in Majidun area of Ikorodu, Lagos.
The suspect claimed in her statement given to the police after her arrest, that Pastor Ernest Nwankwo of the Holy Family Happy Family Ministry (aka House of Mercy) offered to pay her N2.5m if he could deliver the child, our correspondent learnt from a police source.
According to Chukwu’s statement, the pastor had appeared to her many times in her dream and had even made love to her in dreams before she decided to do his bidding.

Saturday PUNCH had last week reported how the woman, whom residents of their Omo Ologede neighbourhood described as a firebrand “prayer warrior” kidnapped seven-year-old Emmanuel Emeka, son of her co-tenant, while the boy went to fetch water from a well located within their compound early in the morning.
Chukwu, who was said to have been a choir mistress at House of Mercy, had alleged at the time that the popular pastor sent her to kidnap the child, whom she gagged and stuffed in a large luggage.
Nwankwo, who is from Nsugbe in Anambra East Local Government Area of Anambra State, was arrested on Monday at Ebute Metta, Lagos, after the police had been on his trail for many days.

Chukwu, who was nearly lynched by residents of the area before police intervention last week Wednesday, has now told the police that the genesis of the kidnapping plan was when she approached the pastor for a loan.
Our source said, “The woman said that when she told the pastor that she needed some money, the pastor told her that he could only lend her the money if she could bring a child in return.
“She told us that the pastor promised to give her N2.5m in return if she could get a child by any means and deliver the child.”
However, Saturday PUNCH learnt that the pastor who is being detained at the Department of Criminal Investigation, Panti, Lagos, has denied Chukwu’s allegations.

Our correspondent noticed that Nwankwo’s church has shut down its website.
When our correspondent visited the church premises at Majidun on Wednesday, it was locked up. Residents of the area said nobody had visited the church since the police who had initially barricaded the place against looters left.
Our correspondent who spoke with Kelvin Emeka, the kidnapped child’s father on Friday, learnt of the emotional struggle the young boy has been combating since he was saved from his kidnapper.
Emeka described Chukwu as a reserved praying woman, who kept mostly to herself.
He said, “We only know each other as co-tenants and within the two years that we lived in the same compound, nobody saw or knew her husband.

“When we were at the police station, she was asked of the phone number of her husband, she did not know it. She was also asked to provide the address of his workplace, she could not provide that as well.
“All I can say is that God loves my family. That was why she did not succeed in taking my child away to the ritual killers who sent her.
“Emmanuel still feels pain on his neck where the woman tried to strangle him before she put him in the luggage but the hospital did a great job on him. He is still undergoing treatment but he has been discharged.”
He said the boy has been having panic attacks since he was discharged from hospital.
“Nobody can touch him anymore, not even my siblings. The only people whom he allows to touch him now are his mother and I. He sees every other person suspiciously and gets scared when they want to touch him. But I know he would be okay. God has delivered him,” Emeka said.
Emeka said the day Chukwu was caught by residents of their neighbourhood, a green sports utility vehicle picked up the suspect’s four children and they have not been seen since then.

But the man is concerned for the safety of his family.
“I don’t know what the members of that pastor’s church are planning. I don’t know the kind of arrangement he (Nwankwo) must have made before he was arrested. The police should ensure nobody harms my family because it is no longer my family that has a case with him. It is a criminal case being prosecuted by the police, not me,” he said.
Our correspondent also learnt that some other members of Nwankwo’s church were apprehended after Chukwu’s arrest but it is not clear what the level of their culpability is.

This case again brings to the fore the rising cases of child theft in the country, which Saturday PUNCH reported in June.
Police spokesperson in the state, Ngozi Braide, said investigation was still ongoing on in the case.
“We are doing all we can to follow every lead. Every truth would come to light on this issue. But we cannot reveal too much information that could jeopardise our investigation at this moment,” she said

http://www.punchng.com/feature/saturday-crime/pastor-offered-me-n2-5m-for-boy-made-love-to-me-in-dream-prayer-warrior-accused-of-kidnapping-co-tenants-child/
Re: Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by chiefinalowo: 12:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
High Chief Awakulowo will continue to update this thread until the fake ibo pastor is killed.
Re: Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by phlame(m): 10:20am On Jul 08, 2014
@op... I guess U are Jobless... undecided
Re: Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by chiefinalowo: 9:49am On Jul 09, 2014
phlame: @op... I guess U are Jobless... undecided

If a man like me is called a jobless man, I am 100% sure that every member of your family will pray to be like me.
Re: Egba Mi O! Ibos Own All The Uncovered Ritualists’ Den In Yorubaland by phlame(m): 9:04am On Jul 10, 2014
chiefinalowo:

If a man like me is called a jobless man, I am 100% sure that every member of your family will pray to be like me.

LOL... Typical local Nigerian mentality... U sound like someone that has a severe case of low self esteem...

(1) (Reply)

Bad Security Situation In Owerri. / Details: Lady Killed In Onitsha During Biafra Protest For Burial / Muslim Migrants In Germany Rape Russian Child For 30 Hrs Then Met Their Nemesis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.