Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,620 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG (14168 Views)

Only Seen On Lagos Roads (photo) / Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Best Tyre For Nigerian Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by hollypagan: 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
and what abt light ? na road we go chop
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Ojaycom(m): 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
@fg Tell that to the birds undecided
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by platz(m): 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
71% for which country
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by iceberylin(m): 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
uhhhhmmm..pH road is cool...
i mean d Federal roads

2 Likes

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2014
Though it may be not be up to 71%, there has been improvement. Some of you don't even know which ones are federal roads.

12 Likes

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Atmmachine(m): 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2014
Do you know what motorable roads means

Come to south africa & you will be shamed of your reasoning

1 Like

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by adanny01(m): 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2014
If i remember the hell my car went through on Okigwe-Umuahia road, Umuahia - Uyo road and the deplorable Uyo-Calabar. What about Uyo-Aba? This minister can lie o!

These are just few i use often.

I think this man is counting his chickens forgetting that the eggs are rotten.

So those were the monies they spent on FERMA. Most of the roads that were made 'motorable' were pothole filling done by FERMA that i agree reduced travel time in some cases. That of Okigwe-umuahia had since become worst than before the rehabilitation.

2 Likes

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by oluamid(m): 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
I'm sure the Minister was talking about e-roads.

1 Like

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Mucokey(m): 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
Sit-on look nigeria
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by jaymezzz(m): 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ah han!!...see as una dey criticise like say them them say na 100 percent.......some people eh
smileandlove: Lies from the pit of hell!
Eg Port-harcourt Onne road.

1 Like

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by zurine(f): 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
The Govt. is working

3 Likes

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by latola05(m): 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
FG alway has its bath with waters of lies. The whole ASO rock represents BIG deceipts and lies. They know that Nigerians are very gullible set of people and thats why they can utter this sort of nonsense. In Nigeria, you dont dodge pot-holes, u choose which one to enter especially Apapa road. God save my country Nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Dragonking: 6:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
LIES!!!
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by kobonaire(m): 6:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
Some other percentages for the FG to work on:-
(1) 90% of cities do not have constant electricity supply
(2) 50% of the cities are at risk of a BH attack

Solve these two first before I provide the rest.
Thanks for the roads though, it's a vital infrastructure.
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by kaywiluv(f): 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
Afritop: What technique and tool did they use to measure road for them to arrive at that percentage. Shey na ruler or tape

They use their mouth to measure...

1 Like

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by ratiken(m): 6:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
Of a truth, this is the only federal government that have taken the state of our federal roads seriously. Any frequent inter-state traveller in the past 7/8yrs will attest to the difference.

May God continue to pilot the affairs of this country through GEJ irrespective of our challenges.

5 Likes

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
GEJ is really performing in this sector

Abaji-Nuku-Rubochi needs his attention also!
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by experimentist: 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mr Presidunce you can lie o cry

Even though I know my vote won't count, I still won't vote for you in 2015 just as I didn't vote in 2011 for the following reasons;

1. You refuse to #BringBackOurGirls
2. Supporting corruption
3. " " " Boko Haram
4. Lying
5. You failed to win the World Cup Brazil
6. Diaris God Oo
7. Sleeping On Duty
8. Stealing
9. Wearing hat at midnight etc cry

3 Likes

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Hasselbaink: 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
theshadyexpress: JULY 3, 2014 BY OKECHUKWU NNODIM, ABUJA
Leave a Comment
The Federal Government on Thursday said over 71 per cent of federal roads in Nigeria are currently in good condition and are motorable.

It said a total of N1.469tr had been spent on federal roads across the six geopolitical zones in the country since 2011.

The Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, stated that from about 5,000km of fair roads in 2011, Nigeria currently has about 25,000km of the 35,000km of federal roads in good and motorable condition.

Onolememen, in a statement from the Federal Ministry of Works, said the present administration inherited federal roads which were generally described as “death traps,” as many road projects were either abandoned or moving at snail speed due to paucity of funds.

According to him, some roads alignments in Nigeria presently, can compete favorably with roads in the developed parts of the world.

He added that throughout the six geo-political zones, travel times had reduced between origins and destinations, cost of vehicle maintenance had drastically reduced, while accidents and carnage on Nigerian roads had dropped due to better pavement design and construction.

Onolememen said economic goods were better distributed through the nation’s arterial roads with better turn-around times that lead to more profits for entrepreneurs.

The minister said the ministry was currently executing 184 contracts across the country, majority of which were inherited by the present administration.

He stated that progress had been made with the rehabilitation, construction and expansion of key arterial projects.

Onolememen outlined some of the challenges faced by his ministry since assumption of duty to include the insurgency in the North-East, excess axle load of trucks beyond acceptable tonnage on highways and indiscriminate cutting across the highways.

Others include burning of tyres on the roads, erection of bumps on roads, destruction of road furniture as well as encroachment on right of ways.

The statement noted that 30 road projects with total length of 1255.1km, worth N275.6bn, had been executed in the North-Central zone.

It said 27 projects with a length of 1287.7km and total cost of N319.1bn were executed in the North-East, while the North-West had 20 projects, 1040.2km long, and worth N157.1m.

The South-East, South-South and South-West, according to the statement, had 45, 32 and 30 road projects executed in the zones respectively.

It noted that with the advent of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme, the government recorded remarkable progress in 2013 on the dualisation of four key arterial roads across the country.

http://www.punchng.com/news/71-federal-roads-now-motorable-fg/#respond

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by kobonaire(m): 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
latola05: FG alway has its bath with waters of lies. The whole ASO rock represents BIG deceipts and lies. They know that Nigerians are very gullible set of people and thats why they can utter this sort of nonsense. In Nigeria, you dont dodge pot-holes, u choose which one to enter especially Apapa road. God save my country Nigeria!
very true, though I think the people are not gullible but rather overly patient (to a fault) of some of the incompetent governments.

Meanwhile that picture you posted made me laugh and be sad at the same time .... see how that mama spread her legs (even a Russian gymnast would be impressed) just so that she can get her goods to the market (to cater for her family)..... country hard oh!!

1 Like

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Jbenue: 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
What do they mean by 70 + 1% hahahaahahah
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Remii(m): 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
No, 100% , mschewww
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Toktee(m): 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
Is minna-bida-mukwa not a federal road?
Bunch of hypocrites!
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by horchukoh(m): 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
What about Idiroko road that links to benin republic.
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by cool318(m): 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
I dont know where the basis of the 71% is coming from.
The road that made up the 71% is it Lagos-Ibadan express way that Killed millions before now.
What of Port-Aba-Enugu Express road
What of Owerri- Port Harcourt Express road, that is now a Nightmare to Tankers & Trailers.
What of Aba-Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene Road. That road Sinks a Mack Truck Head. The list is endless.

What we are saying is that the development rate is not directly Proportional to the rate at which the Politicians, Govt officials are embezzling Trillions of Dollars.
My 1cent.

1 Like

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by AdeniyiA(m): 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
undecided nonsense ...give us d percentage of Nigerian roads completed, not federal.
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by successking: 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
I think he is 70% correct if not 100%. This assertion is informed by my experience the last time I travelled to the eastern part of Nigeria, where it became clear to me that the FG road from Ore to Onitsha is cool. Also, from Benin to Effuru down to Balyelsa is cool as well.

God bless my dear nation Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by Meringe(m): 7:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
Umulolo okigwe - Arondizuogu - Akokwa road is bad since 1999 . Morethan 3 contractors have come n run from d job since Former President Yaradua awarded the contract.

Ph- Enugu road is filled wit potholes . Aba Ikotekpene road is a no go area.

Aba Portharcourt Road is a death trap. Etc
Stop that lies Mr Minister.

2 Likes

Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by meforyou1(m): 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
Okigwe-onitsha federal highway nko?
Re: 71% Federal Roads Now Motorable – FG by ikweremilitant: 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
atlwireles: News like this reveals the multitude of Nigerians, that have never travelled outside their states before.
my broda u spoke my mind.sm also had poor way of comprehension or just hate good news.d report said 75percent nd sm re expectng all d roads to be given atention at d same time.travel to vom manchok road see d enginering masterpiece by pw done by gej.see d bida mokwa rd leadng to lagos dat ws formerly a death trap,see suleja minna rd on going,wat of enugu ph rd,auchi okene rd,gombe yola rd.katsina fontua rd.ds roads i pasd myself o.gej hate hm or lv hm d man hs done wel on roads in nija.period!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tesla Is Causing Battery Shortage Worldwide / 5-Wheel Drive:Watch How A Driver Escape Bumper-To-Bumper Parking On Busy Street / Top 12 Least Expensive Cars To Maintain In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.