Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Nigeria? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Nigeria? (8662 Views)

Carpet Grass Car In Akure That Has Got Everyone Talking: (photos) / SUV Climbs Over Another Car In Accident On Oshodi-apapa Road (photos) / Porsche Panamera GT As An Official Car In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Nigeria? by arewatech(m): 6:02am On Jul 04, 2014
Hi,

I bought my first car on Monday and I had to keep it at my uncle's house as he promised to take care of my new plate numbers and vehicle registration.

I got update from him yesterday that the authority handling it is not done yet.

How long does it take in Normal cases? I'm tired of expecting it every single day.

Thanks
Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Nigeria? by Kashif(m): 6:14am On Jul 04, 2014
Apart from the CMR, which now takes up to 4 days, a nairalander in auto section will get the other papers and number plate in a day.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Nigeria? by SirAweezy(m): 6:42am On Jul 04, 2014
Mine was ready with the papers in 24hrs.. It takes maximum 48 hrs sir.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Nigeria? by arewatech(m): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2014
Thank you for the answers. I don't know why mine is taking too long, 4 days and still counting.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
normal process? a week or more. but u can get the plate number on the day you applied for registration. btw u can use ur car if u hv complete custom papers.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Nigeria? by arewatech(m): 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
joker5180: normal process? a week or more. but u can get the plate number on the day you applied for registration. btw u can use ur car if u hv complete custom papers.

> 1 week shocked

Thanks for the answer, everyone was telling me 2 days... Was wondering why mine took up to 4 days and not yet arrived sad
Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
arewatech:

> 1 week shocked

Thanks for the answer, everyone was telling me 2 days... Was wondering why mine took up to 4 days and not yet arrived sad
mine took 8days nd by an FRSC official. gave him money on sunday, delivered plate number on monday, got nigerian insurance industry database (NIID) policy number via text message on tuesday and COMPLETE papers with latest insurance( cause of the delay) delivered on tuesday the following week.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Nigeria? by arewatech(m): 7:50pm On Jul 04, 2014
joker5180: mine took 8days nd by an FRSC official. gave him money on sunday, delivered plate number on monday, got nigerian insurance industry database (NIID) policy number via text message on tuesday and COMPLETE papers with latest insurance( cause of the delay) delivered on tuesday the following week.

Helpful. I would now cool down and give my uncle some time. Not received the text message yet.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2014
Congrats, wh car did u buy?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Nigeria? by aeu1: 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
pls is police clearance necessary when doing change of ownership and how much does it presently cost?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Nigeria? by arewatech(m): 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
Bossforeva: Congrats, wh car did u buy?

Thank you. See it below.

Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2014
Congrats.. Bro

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Register A Car In Nigeria? by arewatech(m): 4:39am On Jul 06, 2014
Bossforeva: Congrats.. Bro

Thank you smiley

(1) (Reply)

deleted / FG To Introduce Speed Cameras On Nigeria’s Roads / Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.