Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

How Did You Come About Your Monicker? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Come About Your Monicker? (1982 Views)

Exclusive!: How Do You Come About Nairaland?. / NMAT....Nomski0 wins Best Female Monicker 2013...Congratulations!! / How Did You Come About Nl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by chibwike(m): 10:10am On Jul 04, 2014
Mine is Chibwike and i got it from my name Chibuike....so tell us, how did u come about ur monicker....is it ur nickname,ur real name...or u just opened ur account with any name that came into ur mind.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Shugajay(m): 10:18am On Jul 04, 2014
Nice 1... My monicker is a nick name.. I bear Jennifer, shortened 2 Jenny or Jay... A doc friend jux looked @ me 1 day n called me: Shuga Jay grin grin.. I was like 'Which kain name b dz naw?' He said: Sugar is sweet but can cause problems wen too much of it z taken, so z Jenny jovial, nice, loving, frendly etc wink cheesy.. Too much of her can intoxicate u cheesy grin... Hmmmm... Made huge brain n since den till naw, dah name stands cool..

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by ggrin(f): 10:49am On Jul 04, 2014
ggrin.....
g-goke
grin-dagrin

Decodeundecided
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by paranorman(m): 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
I love science and the paranormal. Good o' days when the tv movie series 'x-files' was shown... FBI Agent Mulder and Scully. X-files was about paranormal activities and i kinda liked the word 'paranormal', so i changed the 'l' innit to 'n' and whoooollaaaa! Swooosh! 'paranorman' came to life! Bn using this nick right from my sec school days and through out my uni days.. Was shocked when i saw the anima' movie 'paranorman'- was like, "hey, thats mine!" :@
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Lorlaahlozz: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2014
My name is lola..lorlaah....nd I love to laugh...lozz grin

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2014
You might wanna check the definition of my name Please..
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Emmanuex(m): 3:50pm On Jul 04, 2014
My name is emmanuel wich i extracted emmanu frm nd i juz added d ex as a suffix nd i found out it worked out well
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Shori(m): 8:30am On Jul 05, 2014
Shori : Victory in Japanese. || Segun : Victory in Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Ishilove: 1:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
My name is Ishi. My momma calls me Ishilove, or Ishibaby. I chose Ishilove smiley
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by InesQor(m): 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ishilove: My name is Ishi. My momma calls me Ishilove, or Ishibaby. I chose Ishilove smiley
Ishimama grin
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by chibwike(m): 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
paranorman: I love science and the paranormal. Good o' days when the tv movie series 'x-files' was shown... FBI Agent Mulder and Scully. X-files was about paranormal activities and i kinda liked the word 'paranormal', so i changed the 'l' innit to 'n' and whoooollaaaa! Swooosh! 'paranormal' came to life! Bn using this nick right from my sec school days and through out my uni days.. Was shocked when i saw the anima' movie 'paranorman'- was like, "hey, thats mine!" :@
wow
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by chibwike(m): 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ishilove: My name is Ishi. My momma calls me Ishilove, or Ishibaby. I chose Ishilove smiley
ist tym am coming across such name...unique name i must say.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by AdeniyiA(m): 2:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
Lorlaahlozz: My name is lola..lorlaah....nd I love to laugh...lozz grin
is dt ur teeth while laughing?
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by zyzxx(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
my name is olanrewaju, i choose zyzxx because i love it after watching a movie called kyle xy
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Ishilove: 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
InesQor:
Ishimama grin
IshiBaby. She has been calling me that since I was little grin
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by InesQor(m): 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ishilove:
IshiBaby. She has been calling me that since I was little grin
Awwww

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by wildchild1: 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
Cos of my addiction to WildChild of rhythm 93.7fm dance party program back in the days on radio,thats how people started calling me wildchild ...he is known as IK now and also anchors BBA,,i miss those club and pool parties
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Lorlaahlozz: 5:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
AdeniyiA: is dt ur teeth while laughing?
Yup...any p with that
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Odunharry(m): 7:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
head??
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Odunharry(m): 7:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
Odunayo Harrison=Odunharry
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Odunharry(m): 7:25pm On Jul 11, 2014
cfcfan =Chelsea football club fan
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
Odunharry: cfcfan =Chelsea football club fan
The best team in the world

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by princesa(f): 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
Princesa is the name of a very manipulative, scheming and vindictive sexy damsel in a 2003 Spanish telenovella tilted 'Rebeca'

She was one of the antagonist fighting against the main character of the Novella called Rebeca (a poor, docile, sweet, caring good girl who annoyed me big time back then and was always the maltreated undecided)

I loved everything about the Princesa character - her looks and temperament. So I chose the name for the first time while registering on nairaland, it has since then sticked as my username on other sites I fancy.

Some of my friends know me as Princesa, even my mum once called me that...lol.

Then again Princesa is the Spanish translation for the word 'princess'. And I'm loving it cool

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by InesQor(m): 6:59am On Jul 12, 2014
InesQor is a randomly made up name. tongue
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by chibwike(m): 10:18am On Jul 12, 2014
Hope this makes fp one day...lets get to know how those funny.unique and breathtaking monickers were formed.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by chibwike(m): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2014
princesa: Princesa is the name of a very manipulative, scheming and vindictive sexy damsel in a 2003 Spanish telenovella tilted 'Rebeca'

She was one of the antagonist fighting against the main character of the Novella called Rebeca (a poor, docile, sweet, caring good girl who annoyed me big time back then and was always the maltreated undecided)

I loved everything about the Princesa character - her looks and temperament. So I chose the name for the first time while registering on nairaland, it has since then sticked as my username on other sites I fancy.

Then again Princesa is the Spanish translation for the word 'princess'. And I'm loving it cool
so wats now the spanish translation for prince.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Odunharry(m): 12:05am On Jul 13, 2014
princesa: Princesa is the name of a very manipulative, scheming and vindictive sexy damsel in a 2003 Spanish telenovella tilted 'Rebeca'

te amo
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by princesa(f): 8:19am On Jul 13, 2014
Odunharry:
te amo
Yo también mi amor wink
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Odunharry(m): 10:03am On Jul 13, 2014
princesa:
Yo también mi amor wink
más de lo que puedas imaginar

"Buenos días mi amor.
Espero que hayas dormido
bien .... soñado por mí, tal
vez? Lol levantarse y brillar
guapo."
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by princesa(f): 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
Odunharry:
más de lo que puedas imaginar

"Buenos días mi amor.
Espero que hayas dormido
bien .... soñado por mí, tal
vez? Lol levantarse y brillar
guapo."

Sí, dormí bien, gracias. Me siento halagado por el español, pero yo no hablo ni entiendo el idioma. Sólo estoy rayarlo con Google
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
my name is neither frank nor benedict but i chose to make frankben my moniker cos

1. I'm truthful and honest. I often use the phrase "to be frank with you" alot...

2. Amma staunch catholic and during my nairaland registeration, benedict was the pope then so i thought using frank & ben would make a good moniker.

I'm glad it did
Re: How Did You Come About Your Monicker? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
My baptismal name is Francis while my confirmation name is Anthony. grin

I coined 'FrancisTony' from it.

Would have loved to change it to 'FrancisT'. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exclusive: Adorable Photos Of Annie Idibia And Her Girls.... / A Chinese Captures A Rare Giant Salamander That Lived 170million Years Ago / Abuja Airport Road Killing Innocent Souls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.