Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? (10172 Views)

Evidence That Allah Is Satan: From The Words Of Muhammad / Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by pussylover: 1:42am On Oct 07, 2008
Is Satan Really Such a Bad Guy?sssssssss

According to Christianity, Satan is the epitome and embodiment of all evil things, described as "the father of all lies" in the Catholic Church's Catechism (paragraph 391). It is his works that tempt humans into doing bad deeds. If something evil occurs, we can be assured that Satan had something to do with it.

The History of Satan

According to Catholicism, Satan only exists because God allows him to (The Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 395). This raises some serious issues about how righteous God can be if he allows evil to exist, but I digress. Satan, as the story goes, began as the angel Lucifer, who outrightly rejected God and rebelled against him. God cast Lucifer and those who followed him into Hell, a place of eternal torture and despair, where God was not present.

Like any good propaganda machine, Christian authorities have made sure to limit the disenimation of information on the enemy (Satan) to what they want the public to know. For example, we are never told why Satan rebelled against God. We're never given his side of the story. Were Satan's reasons for rejecting God and attempting to overthrow him legitimate? From where I'm standing, they could certainly be considered valid if the authorities see fit to hide them from the general public.

For example, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, the book that outlines Catholic beliefs in detail, has barely half a column in its index devoted to Satan and information on him, where as Jesus Christ has a full 6 pages! Sound like a propaganda machine to you, yet?

Christian authorities have made some big mistakes with their anti-Satan propoganda machine, however. Since there is so little information available about Satan, there is no record of anything he's done or any way to connect events to him. Christians simply and lazily accredit evil occurences to Satan. A good example are the events of September 11. Within weeks, a doctored picture was floating around the internet showing Satan's face in the clouds of smoke and debris eminating from the two towers, thus unfairly making Satan out to be responsible for these tragedies.

[size=18pt]Satan vs. God[/size]

The only evidence we have to conclude Satan's utter evil is God's word, and frankly, God's word isn't worth too much. He's shown a remarkable inconsistency in his actions and words, and he's hardly above lying or dishonest conduct. Straight after giving Moses the first set of Ten Commandments (which included "Thou shalt not kill"wink, he let Moses go ahead and order the Levites to go on a mass-murdering rampages, which they did, but only after he talked God out of killing all the people!

According to 2 Thessolonians 2:11-12, God will send a strong illusion to people so that they will believe lies, so he can condemn everyone to Hell. After giving Moses the Ten Commandments, God orchestrated a litany of atrocities through isoltated commandments that are simply too great in number to list here.  These events are detailed in Exodus 32. In 2 Chronicles 18:22, God lies to prophets. Why should anyone take his word at face value if he has no problem with lying to us for no reason other than to have an excuse to condemn us to Hell?

Who's more evil? God or Satan? How can we determine this? Well, it's a simple matter of looking at the actions of both God and Satan. Who's commited more evil acts? Who's done more harm to humanity? Who's been the most oppressive? Is Satan really as bad as the Christian Smear Campaign makes him out to be? Let's find out,

[size=18pt]God[/size]

•God takes away Adam and Eve's eternal life, thus commiting the first murder, and holds their descendants responsible and visiting Adam and Eve's punishment down on their children. In today's moral standards, the sins of the father die with the father.

•God destroys all life on Earth in a great flood, except for a drunk (Noah) and his family, for failing to worship him.

•God's tenth plague upon the Israelites was the unjustified murder of all firstborn sons in Egypt, which undoubtedly included little children.

•Before sending the plagues to Egypt, God "hardened Pharaoh's heart" so that he wouldn't let the Israelites go, so he could have an excuse to visit horrible plagues upon them, like boils, killing cattle and murdering all firstborn sons. (Exodus 4:21)

•God orders the Levites to kill their "every man and his neighnor" for worshipping another god. This cost 3000 lives. (Exodus 32:27)

•God sends a plague to the Israelites, apparently feeling that mass-butchery wasn't enough of a punishment. (Exodus 32:35)

•God kills Onan for refusing to impregnate his late brother's (whom God also slew) wife and instead "spilling his seed on the ground." (Genesis 38:8-10)

•God kills the entire populations of Soddom and Gammorah (again, including women, children and infants) for practicing certain sexual techniques.

•God gives all Philistines hemorrhoids in their pubic areas. (1 Samuel 5:9)

•God kills over 50,000 people for looking at an ark. (1 Samuel 6:19)

•God kills 70,000 people because King David decided to have a census. (1 Chronicles 21:7-14)

•God approves of slavery, and instructs owners to beat their slaves. (Proverbs 29:19)

•And, finally, God makes sure that if you are guilty of even the smallest transgression, you shall suffer endlessly for all eternity, following a dramatic homecoming for Jesus, who will be extremely pissed off at everyone for putting him to death, even though it was just the Romans and even though he knew what was going to happen beforehand, and he could have easily avoided it by using his power as God to perform a miracle and prove who he was. (See the entire book of Revelation)

[size=18pt]Satan[/size]

•Satan, like Prometheus, gave knowledge to humanity by giving Eve the fruit from the forbidden tree. Because of Satan, humanity gained knowledge of good and evil, according to Genesis. Since we couldn't have possessed knowledge of good and evil before eating the fruit, Adam and Eve couldn't have known that eating the fruit was evil, so it seems a little harsh to punish them as severely as God did. Satan gave humans true capacity for moral judgment, unlike God, who simply expected everyone to mindlessly obey his orders.

•There is no biblical record of Satan engaging in the murder of torture of any human being, unlike God, who is guilty (and proudly guilty) of commiting genocide.

•There is no biblical record of Satan ever ordering someone to kill someone else, unlike God, who has repeatedly demanded the deaths of those who commit even the smallest of offenses.

•Satan will not be holding a massively dramatic ceremony full of blood and death for the return of his son to Earth. God apparently will.

It doesn't take a mathematician to add up and compare God and Satan's respective body counts. God has, after all, killed billions of people in a great flood. Satan never did anything like that. What was the only thing Satan did "wrong"? He rebelled against God, but wouldn't you? Look at what kind of a God he is! He needlessly murders people in nearly every book and passage of the Old Testament! He created an entire race of people for the sole purpose of catering to his own ego, and then gets mad when we don't live up to our appointed role in life or question one of his decisions!

He is a ruthless, dictatorial, narcissistic, sociopathic mass murderer. If I go to Hell for not worshipping him, so much the better. I'D rather spend eternity with Satan, someone who hasn't treated the human race like disposable garbage, someone who has given knowledge to humanity rather than trying to suppress it.

It's time to stop this needless slandering of Satan's name. Satan has done nothing to deserve it. He hasn't killed anyone, publicly exonerated slavery, demanded our worship or threatened us with eternal damnation for not doing his bidding. It is God who is guilty of all these crimes. Satan's done nothing but rebel against a repugnantly unjust authority figure, and he gets eternal damnation and association and blame for all evil on Earth! Meanwhile, M.K.O Abiola, gets a holiday named after him, and Satan was far more courageous that M.K.O was. After all, Satan stood up to an all powerful narcissist who made it clear that he never would change his mind on any issue. Abiola at least had a democracy to work with. The Christian Smear Campaign toward Satan is completely unwarranted. Maybe, before criticizing Satan, they should look at the God they worship. Is Satan really a bad guy? Certainly not in comparison to God. In fact, I'D much rather have Satan running things. He just can't be worse than God.

Now I do have much more to say on this matter but this doesn't really hit the point. Where does Satan sit in all of this exactly? I see no reference of Satan ordering the death of thousands of men, women and children. I do however see a Satan trying to warn humanity in the book of Job. Yes, I said warn.

In Job we see what appears to be Satan placing a bet against God. Job, a faithful follower, is to be tested by Satan as to how strong his faith is. In the course of this book we see God allowing the suffering of the poor man, taking away his lively hood, his children, even his wife! And what for? To prove his power? This is not a God to follow, this is a sinister entity; cruel and callous.

So I say, flip the story on it's head, lets see it from another perspective! Satan's! I read Job and I see a warning, a plain warning from the apparent "bad guy". What about if this book is Satan showing us what God really is, what God is capable of. Naturally at the expense of one human being, this doesn't make Satan a good guy. But it makes Him better.

This is really where the heart of the idea comes to light. Satan is not stupid, he is not weak. Perhaps brave? Maybe even foolish to ever challenge such a barbaric being.

Lets go back to the beginning of Christian history. Lucifer, a great angel, grew jealous and envious of God and starts a rebellion against him. Here is where my first problem lies. Yes it is true that jealousy can cause people to fight and argue, but you cannot justify a rebellion against any great power on jealousy alone. People, animals, beings, they all need something to fight for, a reason to give their lives. Nothing with a mind, the ability to think and reason would fight a battle to satisfy the jealousy of their leader.They needed a much greater reason to fight, this reason must have been God!

, Heresy!!!!

Dare I say that Adam and Eve were warned by the Snake in the Garden of Eden. For reasons unknown to me the idea of an omniscient God placing temptation under the noses of people and then punishing them for curiosity seems awful. Imagine your own child and how they would turn out if you were to forbid them from their curiosity. Is this not the desired outcome God would have wanted for us had we not eaten the Fruit of Wisdom?

The fruit from God's tree was of some significance. Biblically this was the turning point for humanity, when the great spark lit up our minds and we began to learn. This fruit was the fruit of knowledge, it cleansed us of ignorance and we should rejoice in our ability to understand the world. Maybe even God's own knowledge was inside this fruit, hence his fear at us learning so much. This would explain his megalomaniac, homicidal, obsessive, controlling, xenophobic, chauvinistic, domineering and inconsistent behaviour over the past 4000+ years.

And perhaps all along, it has been Satan fighting for us, fighting for our mortality. Maybe he feared what God would do with us, perhaps Satan in a way has set us free. After all without the knowledge we gained from eating that fruit we wouldn't be able to save the lives we save today with medicine, we wouldn't be able to build bridges or sail the oceans. We would freeze and night and burn in the sun. We have been blessed with independence from needing a God, and I am eternally thankful and will never want that to change.

Lastly, the end of the world. This is a fine cock up in the Bible. This great battle between Satan and God, the judgement of all the souls! God hasn't accounted for one thing here though, free will.

Let me explain this. We are born from Gods' breath and the dust of the Earth, theologically speaking we are unique in this sense, we bridge a gap between heaven and earth. The first battle was between Angels and Demons, God and Lucifer. The second and final battle is much the same except for one thing; we have free will. This may be a little odd at first, but it bares some thought, you cannot prophesize as Revelations does. This completely contradicts free will as it shows the destiny is set in one direction, that all our actions will ultimately lead to one grisly end.

Free will cannot be predicted, like people and our behaviour, it is often random and unpredictable. I do not believe this last battle is the success of God, if people don't want God he has no choice but to vanish. We can choose to walk away from God, even when we are alive, and when we die our spirits cannot lose their free will, as it is Gods' breath that makes us free. When the battle comes we can fight God, we can fight Satan, or we can walk away as free creations with minds of our own.

So when we consider that it was God who threw us into this life where we must do what he says or we get a smacked bottom, or do that and get thrown a biscuit. Who orders the death of thousands of none believers. And when we realise it was Satan who showed us knowledge, desire and the ability to think and have our own opinions and ideas without having to feel guilty. Can He really be that bad?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by huxley(m): 8:41am On Oct 07, 2008
Good article. Shows clearly what type of god the god-followers are worshiping, ehm!

On some counts, the dead toll on God's side is about 10 million, while on Satan's side it is about 10 (all in the book of Job).

Satan is the great liberator from slavery, ignorance, delusion, etc. God, the imprisoner, tyrant, demented oppressor, etc.

That Christians and their ilk cannot see this , shows the extent to which they have been dupe, mesmerised, hypnotised by superstitious dogma.
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by AKO1(m): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2008
This is simply ridiculous!
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by huxley(m): 8:58am On Oct 07, 2008
A_K_O:

Can you justify why you think this is ridiculous. C'mon man, make an effort. Defend your god.
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:39am On Oct 07, 2008
A really beautiful and well written article.

It reflects my thoughts exactly.

If there really was a caring and all-loving God, then life would not be as complicated as it is today.

The damned fruit was put in that garden on purpose. He Knew they would eat it (since he is supposed to know the begining from the end and vice versa).

Its like they were set up to fall. And he already had in mind what to do with them.

Again, why the obsession with blood?? Blood of Abel, blood of lambs and finally the blood of his only son. ??

This article is really a food for thought to any christian/muslim who would take some time to pull their heads out of their ass and think about it.

A_K_O:

How and what makes it ridiculous?? Do you have anything better to disprove this?? Mind you it was a question and the least you could do is provide a reasonable answer.

@ Topic

I also wonder o!!
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by IDINRETE: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2008
okija juju what is the meaning of your signature please? sounds interesting trying to say those words,
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by RiffRaff: 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2008
God people defend your God grin
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by mazaje(m): 6:30pm On Oct 17, 2008
I still wonder why christains/moslems spend time casting, binding and raining curses on satan when the bible and the koran have both shown/revealed that god is by FAR a worse creature that satan, how many people has satan killed in the bible? and how many has god killed? god in the bible ordered people to steal, kill, maim, ensalve, rape, lie,destroy etc while there is little or no recod of satan ordering people to carry out such atrocities. . . . . if there is a supernatural being that is worthy of worship it will definately be satan not god because god has done FAR worse and commited much more atrocities than satan . . . . so god people as some one here aforementioned come and defend your god and also justify all the death, destruction and evil that he commited or ordered people to commit. . . . . .
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by dauda2: 6:33pm On Oct 17, 2008
Riff-Raff:

God people defend your God grin

Defend Him from what? You have the freewill to say what you wish.

mazaje:

I still wonder why christains/moslems spend time casting, binding and raining curses on satan when the bible and the koran have both shown/revealed that god is by FAR a worse creature that satan, how many people has satan killed in the bible?

I on the other hand wonder why athiests who dont believe God exists believe a devil exists in the first place.
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by mazaje(m): 6:41pm On Oct 17, 2008
dauda*:

Defend Him from what? You have the freewill to say what you wish.

I on the other hand wonder why athiests who don't believe God exists believe a devil exists in the first place.

o boi wake up from your slumber who told you that athiest believe in the devil? you don't know what you are talking about. . . . satan and god are all imaginary. . . . . ok tell me why the biblical god ordered the killings of innocent babies and children in the bible? will you worship a god that tell people to kill your child for no god reason? how will you feel if your pastor kills your child and tells you that the order came from god? there so manyu of such instances in the bible. . . .god told people to wage war and share their women after the war does that sound nice to you? ok justify gods actions by killing babies in the bible. . . . . .
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by AKO1(m): 6:42pm On Oct 17, 2008
In Christianity, there is no such thing as a smear campaign against the devil.

Please take note. smiley
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by AKO1(m): 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2008
mazaje:

ok tell me why the biblical god ordered the killings of innocent babies and children in the bible? will you worship a god that tell people to kill your child for no god reason?ok justify gods actions by killing babies in the bible. . . . . .

Please where exactly is all this?
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by mazaje(m): 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2008
A_K_O:

In Christianity, there is no such thing as a smear campaign against the devil.

Please take note. smiley

tell us about the bad things that the devil did to humans in the bible. . . .  what wronghas satan commited? how many people has he killed or misslead?and i will readily give you a litany of all the sordid evils that the biblical god perpertrated against humanity. . . . . .
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by Lady2(f): 6:47pm On Oct 17, 2008
Some people ask why does evil exist and why doesn't God just get rid of him.

Well evil exists because we allow it to exist. People do evil things not God. When God pnishes people it is called Justice. When a murderer takes a life, do we say we forgive therefore you are free to go? Absolutely not. He has to pay his dues.
It is called justice.
God is of love and justice, he isn't a pushover. You can't do wrong and expect him to just turn a blind eye.
So you're wondering why God punished people in the Old Testament, it's because they were doing wrong. You don't reward someone doing bad.

People make choice that causes evil on others. When bombs are dropped God doesn't drop them, when guns are shot God doesn't fire them. People do that. So start taking responsibility for the evils of this world instead of blaming it on God.
God gave us brains to use to come up with solutions to the problems we face, instead of using that a lot of you use your brain to blame God. Why don't you come up with a solution to poverty? Why don't you come up with a solution to our dying society? When Christians are trying to do so, the rest of you raise up alarms on us. You don't realise it's all for our good. You're trying to be lawless, without laws everyone will kil each other and do whatever they want. But you all don't think of it like that. No you see God as a hinder to all the atrocious things you want to do.

God gave us hearts to love. When he says the greatest commandments is to love him and love our neighbours, he wasnt lying. If we all loved, we wouldn't hurt and evil will no longer exist. SO insttead of attacking God why not start loving all you meet. Why not show love by lending a helping and and coming up with a solution to the world's problems after all we have the brains for it.

God isn't the evil one here, it is humans and the devil that gets to humans.

1 Like

Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by dauda2: 6:51pm On Oct 17, 2008
mazaje:

ok justify gods actions by killing babies in the bible. . . . . .

I dont have to, i dont need to . . . salvation is not by force.
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by mazaje(m): 6:58pm On Oct 17, 2008
A_K_O:

Please where exactly is all this?

God will kill children when they come out of their mothers’ wombs (Hosea 10:14-15)

God will kill children and unborn fetuses because their parents worship other gods (Hosea 13:16).
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by mazaje(m): 7:00pm On Oct 17, 2008
dauda*:

I don't have to, i don't need to . . . salvation is not by force.

so you believe that you are going to be salvaged by a god that kills babies, tells people to kill each other, orders people to enslave each other, rape, steal and lie? na you sabi. . . . . .
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by mazaje(m): 7:04pm On Oct 17, 2008
~Lady~:

Some people ask why does evil exist and why doesn't God just get rid of him.

Well evil exists because we allow it to exist. People do evil things not God. When God pnishes people it is called Justice. When a murderer takes a life, do we say we forgive therefore you are free to go? Absolutely not. He has to pay his dues.
It is called justice.
God is of love and justice, he isn't a pushover. You can't do wrong and expect him to just turn a blind eye.
So you're wondering why God punished people in the Old Testament, it's because they were doing wrong. You don't reward someone doing bad.

People make choice that causes evil on others. When bombs are dropped God doesn't drop them, when guns are shot God doesn't fire them. People do that. So start taking responsibility for the evils of this world instead of blaming it on God.
God gave us brains to use to come up with solutions to the problems we face, instead of using that a lot of you use your brain to blame God. Why don't you come up with a solution to poverty? Why don't you come up with a solution to our dying society? When Christians are trying to do so, the rest of you raise up alarms on us. You don't realise it's all for our good. You're trying to be lawless, without laws everyone will kil each other and do whatever they want. But you all don't think of it like that. No you see God as a hinder to all the atrocious things you want to do.

God gave us hearts to love. When he says the greatest commandments is to love him and love our neighbours, he wasnt lying. If we all loved, we wouldn't hurt and evil will no longer exist. SO insttead of attacking God why not start loving all you meet. Why not show love by lending a helping and and coming up with a solution to the world's problems after all we have the brains for it.

God isn't the evil one here, it is humans and the devil that gets to humans.

its obvious you have'nt been reading your bible, where is the love when god in the bible kills and orders people to kill, steal, rape and enslave each other? where is the love? god in the bible ordered people to murder each other and you are here talking about love? where is the love?
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by dauda2: 7:06pm On Oct 17, 2008
mazaje:

so you believe that you are going to be salvaged by a god that kills babies, tells people to kill each other, orders people to enslave each other, rape, steal and lie? na you sabi. . . . . .

i wasnt complaining was i?
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by mazaje(m): 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2008
dauda*:

i wasnt complaining was i?

good for you. . . . when next you pray don't ever castigate the satan because there is no record of him killing babies and ripping pregnat women open but god says he will do/has done that in the bible bible. . . . . i will rather be saved by satan than by a god that orders people to kill, enslave, rape and destroy each other. . . . . . .
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by dauda2: 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2008
mazaje:

good for you. . . . when next you pray don't ever castigate the satan because there is no record of him killing babies and ripping pregnat women open but god says he will do/has done that in the bible bible. . . . . i will rather be saved by satan than by a god that orders people to kill, enslave, rape and destroy each other. . . . . . .

Whoever i choose to "castigate" in my prayers is none of your business.
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by mazaje(m): 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2008
dauda*:

Whoever i choose to "castigate" in my prayers is none of your business.

Ok but at least satan is a better caharacter than god in the bible. . . . god has done FAR more reprehensible things than satan. . . say it aint so. . . .
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by dauda2: 7:28pm On Oct 17, 2008
mazaje:

Ok but at least satan is a better caharacter than god in the bible. . . . god has done FAR more reprehensible things than satan. . . say it aint so. . . .

every man is entitled to his opinion.
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by mazaje(m): 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2008
dauda*:

every man is entitled to his opinion.

why then do you blame allah for telling his diciples to do the same thing which your god tells his diciples to do? killing of the unbeliever in this case. . . . don't you ever complian that allah is bad because your god is just the same. . . . . .
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by dauda2: 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2008
mazaje:

why then do you blame allah for telling his diciples to do the same thing which your god tells his diciples to do? killing of the unbeliever in this case. . . . don't you ever compli that allah is bad because your god is just the same. . . . . .

Every man is entitled to his opinion.
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by mazaje(m): 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2008
dauda*:

Every man is entitled to his opinion.

why then do you spend so much time trying to tell the catholics that their opinions are wrong if you really believe that every man is entitled to his/her own opinion??
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by dauda2: 7:44pm On Oct 17, 2008
mazaje:

why then do you spend so much time trying to tell the catholics that their opinions are wrong if you really believe that every man is entitled to his/her own opinion??

Not exactly ur business as they at least portend to believe in the same God as me and carry the same bible.
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by mazaje(m): 7:54pm On Oct 17, 2008
dauda*:

Not exactly ur business as they at least portend to believe in the same God as me and carry the same bible.

That is not true, their bible is different from yours, theirs contain additional books. . . their god believes that mary should be honoured and praised just like jesus and yours does'nt so why are you hell bent on makin g them believe in your own god and version of the bible? the catholics culture believes in honouring of the saints, burning of candles and reverance of the pope etc, you own religion does'nt yet you spend all the time fighting and trying to tell them their opiniion is wrong why is your opinion better than theirs. . . i thought its all about opinion isnt it?
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by dauda2: 7:57pm On Oct 17, 2008
mazaje:

That is not true, their bible is different from yours, theirs contain additional books. . . their god believes that mary should be honoured and praised just like jesus and yours does'nt so why are you hell bent on makin g them believe in your own god and version of the bible? the catholics culture believes in honouring of the saints, burning of candles and reverance of the pope etc, you own religion does'nt yet you spend all the time fighting and trying to tell them their opiniion is wrong why is your opinion better than theirs. . . i thought its all about opinion isnt it?

Again, none of your business. I dont tell catholics "my opinion" (a blatant lie), i simply point out the FACTS from the bible.
You'd be well advised to understand what you actually speak so gullibly about. Foaming in the mouth does not impress me, ability to intelligently marshall a point does.
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by plusQueen: 8:01pm On Oct 17, 2008
This mazaje must be a very troubled soul.
what a shame
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by mazaje(m): 8:21pm On Oct 17, 2008
plus_Queen:

This mazaje must be a very troubled soul.
what a shame

so i am a troubled soul because i don not believe in the god of the bible. . .  there are over 4 billion people in this world like me that do not believe in the biblical god, does that mean that that mean we should all be ashemed of our selves? and by the what do you mean when you say i am troubled? the only troubled person/being is the god you serve/believe in who ordered people to kill, steal, rape, enslave and destroy each other. . . . say it aint so and prove me wrong. . .  prove to me that the god which you serve is not troubled. . . you castigate and blame muslims and their allah when your god is no better prove to me that the god of the bible is less troubled than allah. . .  the only troubled person is you who rely on your imaginary friend to lead you through life. . . their by making you to see people that disagree with you as enemies of you and your imaginary friend. . . . .
Re: Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? by rubi(f): 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2008
Personally what I have learnt not to do is give devil any attentions rather I use it and shower it on my God. I use to do that when I was in Naija and I think it is environment that causes it. Devil is this devil is that any little thing that happens is attributed to devil.

Devil has no power the only power he has is the one you/xtains gave him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kukah To Politicians: Stop Running To Pastors, Imams For Endorsements / Why Do Nigerians Seek Spiritual Remedy To Most Of Their Problems? / Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.