Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,243 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? (904 Views)

Need A Better Download Manager For Pc / 8 Ways Technology Makes You silly. / Zinox Completes New Digital Assembly Plant In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by pjosh1(m): 10:34am On Jul 04, 2014
I have seen alot of people quick to recommend python or java as the first programming language a beginner should learn, they are quick to forget that these language won't teach you the indepth of how a computer works.
I know learning assembly is difficult but i think once you can learn it then programming in any other language would be easy. Someone told me that 20 years ago assembly was compulsory for a begginers and they considered C as a high level language.
Nairalanders what do u think?
Re: Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by onegig(m): 11:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
Learnt assembly language also and it has really helped understanding the basics of computer architecture. Although i didn't go too deep but it has given a broader view and enhanced my skills for the engineering aspects of a computer. Anyone who wants to be a better computer analyst needs to understand the rudimentary of computing and assembly language provides that.
Re: Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by toby2(m): 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
Na wa o, nobody else commented even after two months. Well i started learnin AL wen i stumbled on this. I didn't understand it well yet but i'll keep readin.
Re: Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by pjosh1(m): 1:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
toby2: Na wa o, nobody else commented even after two months. Well i started learnin AL wen i stumbled on this. I didn't understand it well yet but i'll keep readin.
are you jst starting programming
Re: Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by toby2(m): 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
yes boss. learning it on my own. the stuff is interestingly stubborn but i plan to push on still though. i am reading assembly lang. i am also doing c++ but the thing don dey coil sha. will like some help if u don't mind sir. undecided
Re: Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by pjosh1(m): 12:55am On Aug 23, 2014
why are you learning computer programming? Is it jst 4 d general knowlege of knowing programming lang. Or do u want 2 become a web developer or game developer or software programmer or mobile app developer. Tell me which 1 u plan 2 specialize in then i will knw ow 2 help..
Re: Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by toby2(m): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
Software and mobile app developer
Re: Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by pjosh1(m): 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
toby2: Software and mobile app developer
if i were you, this is wat i will do. I will first learn python because it's easy and simple to understand for a beginner, after that i will move to a lower language like C, since you have learnt python and mastered it it won't be that difficult for you to learn C because you must have understood some important stuff needed in programming. After C learn C++, it shouldn't take you more than 1 -2 weeks if u really understand C. After than you can pick up any ebook or video and learn new languages under 3 weeks, you will want to learn java,objective C or c# ones you have reached this stage...
Re: Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
Learning programming is very good, you might want to take a look at my website/blog, it might help you improve your programming - www.dhtmlhub.com/blogs
Re: Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by toby2(m): 8:16am On Aug 26, 2014
thanks sir, that i will do.

(1) (Reply)

How To Install, Window7..via USB drive / 256 Ssd Sata Hard Drive And 2 Terabyte Sata Hard Drive For 15k And 25k Respectiv / I Need Moderator's Attention!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.