Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? (1052 Views)

How To Become A Better Programmer / IQ And Programming... Does Having A High IQ Make You A Better Programmer? / Become A Better Programmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by pjosh1(m): 10:46am On Jul 04, 2014
I have seen alot of people quick to recommend python or java as the first programming language a beginner should learn, they are quick to forget that these language won't teach you the indepth of how a computer works.
I know learning assembly is difficult but i think once you can learn it then programming in any other language would be easy. Someone told me that 20 years ago assembly was compulsory for a begginers and they considered C as a high level language.
Nairalanders what do u think?
Re: Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by asalimpo(m): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
I think the users of nairaland dnt giv a care 2 whether nairaland is coded in php or python or machine language. But they'll go else where if it takes way too long to open. But some will not go away, they'll get used to waiting for 5 damn minutes if they had to to login to their fav rooms. Talk abt their tupsy turvy relationship, ask how to learn how to program etc.
The analogy applies to software.
Some Users will put up with crappy software until it becomes unbearable,if it gives them most of wat they want. Some will leave at d first whiff of a better deal. Most will stay , if u coax them.
Some will b too lazy to change. Think of how hard its being to get programmers to code in other paradigms, even though its been demostrated tht does paradigms are better. Heard of haskell? How many nigerian cos are using it?
So to d question? It depends. Mostly it doesnt matter, cuz most ppl dnt care. Zealous marketg will sell snow 2 eskimos!
Re: Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by Ajibel(m): 7:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
Except if I wanna grow old by my laptop... I could easily write programs in modern languages compared to Assembly. Buh heck, it depends on why you chose to be a programmer... As for me, I dont need to learn it before I become better except if it is going to be as a hobby!
Re: Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by Djtm(m): 8:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
I think it does on the long run. It makes you understand how stuffs go down on your machine (pardon my language). It gives you a better knowledge of how your high level language works.
Re: Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by pjosh1(m): 10:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
Djtm: I think it does on the long run. It makes you understand how stuffs go down on your machine (pardon my language). It gives you a better knowledge of how your high level language works.
you jst said my mind.
Re: Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by pjosh1(m): 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
Ajibel: Except if I wanna grow old by my laptop... I could easily write programs in modern languages compared to Assembly. Buh heck, it depends on why you chose to be a programmer... As for me, I dont need to learn it before I become better except if it is going to be as a hobby!
yea, it all boils down to why you wanna learn programming, i wouldn't expect a web developer to learn assembly
Re: Do You Think Learning Assembly Makes You A Better Programmer? by adexsimply(m): 3:54pm On Jul 05, 2014
Hell Yes

(1) (Reply)

Crazy Fly Bird New Game - DOWNLOAD NOW - Review And Win / App Builders Needed / How To Promote Your Mobile Application Download Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.