Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram (1693 Views)

Islam,muslim And Jihad: A Critique On Misconceptions / RCCG Celebrates Osinbajo's Emergence On Twitter [Photo] / Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by balash(m): 10:47am On Jul 04, 2014
Good Morning Nairalander's. Am not trying to cause any form of uproar with my topic but would love to enlighten about 95% of nigerian christian's for they don't know,and its not new to me because nigerian's have this problem of blind arguement without fact because when am with friends and an issue about football occur's u see a certain guy.shouting,howling nd vibrating about some very certain thing about football he doesn't know about and when we call on uncle google or wikipedia to get an answer then u see the formal vibrating bro's murmering something like 'but' 'even though'.
I don't know where this clear hatred with islam is brewing from actually.I believe this whole issue started when the government gave power to the Bakassi boy's,o.p.c boy's and the arewa group to govern the security issue's in nigeria in respect to the 'LAZINESS' of there militry force's in nigeria.
Now to the issue at hand,why blame the stupid menace of the boko haram insurgent's on muslim's/islam in general?

Was Adolf Hitler a Muslim?
Adolf Hitler was born and raised by the Catholic. Adolf Hitler killed over six million jews in gas chambers when he found out that bullets were not killing them fast enough.

Was Paul Tibbets a Muslim?
Paul Tibbets was the good Christian man that droped the atomic bomb on the city of Hiroshima killing and injuring over 100,000 people including women and children.

All these people and many more are good Christians. I know some people would say probably their cause in killing was war but in the rule's of war u are not supposed to kill the innocent one's and anyone who doesn't have. Weapon must be spared? So were they killed because of war?? Nd after there death how many sheikh and imam have u seen condeming christian's and christinity as a religion killing innocent soul's?? Let's leave the world history alone and come back home.
1.Rev King when he poured petrol on his church member's and burned them all,how many muslim did u see coming online to criticize christinity?? Instead we criticized rev king himself and he was judged according to his crime's..
2. I won't mention name but when the very popular pastor gave his church member's a resounding/holy communion slap how many muslim's did u see criticizing christianity and not the pastor??
We should be unbiased in our dealing's with our fellow human's.lately we get news on pastor molesting church member's or killing babies for ritual how many muslim did u see condeming christianity?? Why would u see a man on turban causing any form of attrocieties and u won't penalise the man instead u immedietely condem muslim's and islam why are u been so unfair,This dirty group called boko haram hve been dissing out false verse's in the quran nd we the muslim's close to u hve since been defending the quran with evidence tht u should get an english quran nd u will find that quote's revealled by the insurgents are all false because islam doesn't permit kiling an innocent soul even when u commit suicide quran say's u would seriously be penalised for taking ur own life talkless someone else's life and according to quran there's no where u re asked to marry 72 virgin's or thereabout and islam permits u to gain more knowledge even if its far away japan so wherever the boko haram saw they dnt want western educaton is surely from the quran they printed themselve's.
Since the start of this boko haram sect menace am sure u've seen the way's muslim scholar's from round the world condeming all there purpoted teachings as false and am sure u've never seen the boko haram defending that claim instead they bomb mosque's what does that tell's u?? Just so you know, the same media that is being used to paint Arabs and Islam in bad light, portrays blacks (your kind) as monkeys and uncivilized. If only you knew how people outside Africa see Africans...
This Boko haram sect re kiling innocent soul's nd causing uproar in the nation and may Allah give the government nd the nigerian people the strength to get hold of this insurgents and let them face the judgement I don't care bout whtsoever the cause they are fighting for but the fact stands tht they have commited an offense against nigerian's,islam and they would be brought to book! Just so u know my father is a muslim nd my mother is a christian nd I choose to be a muslim doesn't mean am not versed in the knowledge of the two religion and the two religion clearly tells me whatsoever boko haram are putting on be it turban,damask,aso oke,jalabia,lace or agbada the fact stands tht they are criminal's and they would be aprehended by the special grace of God and judged for the crime's they committed.
N:B Every religion has for one time or the other been it group or individual hve committed a crime nd have been judged for it. boko haram are not different nd we all muslim say with pride this set of people are not muslim's they are merely criminal's versed in the knowledge of arabic words which anyone can understand IF u wiling...#Let the Attack pour in from the Alagidi's lol
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by lekkie073(m): 2:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
Who should we blame? Abi u dey mad angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by balash(m): 3:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
Welcome Doggy,keep barking
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by proo212(m): 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2014
This is from the BBC by the way not some "right-wing Islamophobic website"

Official Arabic name, Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'awati wal-Jihad, means "People Committed to the Propagation of the Prophet's Teachings and Jihad"

Now ask yourself, and be honest with yourself, is the "People Committed to the Propagation of the Prophets's Teachings and Jihad" a Non-Muslim organisation?

In effect, they are Sunni Muslims.
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by balash(m): 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
proo212: This is from the BBC by the way not some "right-wing Islamophobic website"

Official Arabic name, Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'awati wal-Jihad, means "People Committed to the Propagation of the Prophet's Teachings and Jihad"

Now ask yourself, and be honest with yourself, is the "People Committed to the Propagation of the Prophets's Teachings and Jihad" a Non-Muslim organisation?

In effect, they are Sunni Muslims.
Like seriously I dnt understand u? Whts with ths name ish? Does it hv anything to do with islam? People organising themself for a cause best known to them?? What difference Does it make with what I told u now? Do u have muccur in ur eye's
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by proo212(m): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And that's me laughing in Arabic
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by MightySparrow: 7:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
your article is too long to worth the reading especially on a topic like this: It I'd full of sentiments and blind defence of the obvious. Paul Tibbets dropped a bomb in a war time. Japan attacked Japan who never participated in the war. So, America should wait to see their people annihilated?
Adolf Hitler declared a war on Europe with ambition to rule the world.
The pastor killing babies is for rituals is not a rule of Christianity.
Jihad is a doctrine of Islam. Besides, who are boko haram? Are they at war with Nigeria? What do they really want? Is Islamic word peaceful? What is your own definition of terrorism? In war people who fight are armed, and war declared in battle field. In Islam unsuspecting people are attacked and the mauaraders - turned caliphs live on loots. Islam thrives only by violence not by superior theology. In fact, the present Middle East entered into darkness after the rise of Islam. NP more peace, no more advancement in profitable knowledge, no more sense. In Africa of today , and indeed Nigeria, the Islam invested areas are the poorest. The more islamized the more you have blind, leprous, beggars and invalids.
What has Islam profited the world but terrorism?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by MightySparrow: 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
your article is too long to worth the reading especially on a topic like this: It I'd full of sentiments and blind defence of the obvious. Paul Tibbets dropped a bomb in a war time. Japan attacked Amerca who never participated in the war. Paul Tibbets carried out a strike backed up by his nation. Who are the sponsors of Boko Haram? So, America should wait to see their people annihilated?
The pastor killing babies for rituals is not a rule of Christianity.
Jihad is a doctrine of Islam. Besides, who are boko haram? Are they at war with Nigeria? What do they really want? Is Islamic world peaceful? What is your own definition of terrorism? In war people who fight are armed, and war declared in battle field. In Islam unsuspecting people are attacked and the mauaraders - turned caliphs live on loots. Islam thrives only by violence not by superior theology. In fact, the present Middle East entered into darkness after the rise of Islam. No more peace, no more advancement in profitable knowledge, no more sense. In Africa of today , and indeed Nigeria, the Islam invested areas are the poorest. The more islamized the more you have the blind, leprous, beggars and invalids.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by italo: 9:02am On Jul 05, 2014
@ OP, who should we blame?

Hindus?

undecided
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by mmsen: 10:55am On Jul 05, 2014
Like it or not the culture is the reason behind the emergence of Boko Haram. Islam is and has been a part of the culture that has lead to the extreme inequality that has allowed Boko Haram to thrive.

That is not to say that culture cannot be changed but as things stand many aspects of the culture work against the needs of the majority.
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by kuss: 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2014
Op, you appear to be a moderate because you have stayed long with non Muslim
Boko Haram are the true follower of Mohammad

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by balash(m): 6:10am On Jul 06, 2014
kuss: Op, you appear to be a moderate because you have stayed long with non Muslim
Boko Haram are the true follower of Mohammad
If after everything I posted u still insist on this boko haram beeen follower of mohammed! I think u seriously need li and simbi test book! U need to go back to sch for good. Knowledge on understanding quote's..
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by balash(m): 6:19am On Jul 06, 2014
italo: @ OP, who should we blame?

Hindus?

undecided
must u blame islam for crime's from sets of individual because they wear turban?? do u blame jesus for crime's pastor's make
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by balash(m): 6:33am On Jul 06, 2014
Mighty Sparrow: your article is too long to worth the reading especially on a topic like this: It I'd full of sentiments and blind defence of the obvious. Paul Tibbets dropped a bomb in a war time. Japan attacked Japan who never participated in the war. So, America should wait to see their people annihilated?
The pastor killing babies is for rituals is not a rule of Christianity.
Jihad is a doctrine of Islam. Besides, who are boko haram? Are they at war with Nigeria? What do they really want? Is Islamic word peaceful? What is your own definition of terrorism? In war people who fight are armed, and war declared in battle field. In Islam unsuspecting people are attacked and the mauaraders - turned caliphs live on loots. Islam thrives only by violence not by superior theology. In fact, the present Middle East entered into darkness after the rise of Islam. NP more peace, no more advancement in profitable knowledge, no more sense. In Africa of today , and indeed Nigeria, the Islam invested areas are the poorest. The more islamized the more you have blind, leprous, beggars and invalids.
Should I reply ur words that's so full with hatred for islam? Boko haram are some sets of individual fighting a cause best known to them has nothing to do with islam? I have given u something detailed and u said its ful of sentiments so if every crime's pastor's commit we blame it on jesus? How would u feel?? Wil u just reduce ur hatred for islam and be moderate with ur thoughts and teachings! I don't hate u but I hate the fact that ur quote smell so so much of sentiments as u claaim I do? Be Lenient
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by balash(m): 6:39am On Jul 06, 2014
mmsen: Like it or not the culture is the reason behind the emergence of Boko Haram. Islam is and has been a part of the culture that has lead to the extreme inequality that has allowed Boko Haram to thrive.

That is not to say that culture cannot be changed but as things stand many aspects of the culture work against the needs of the majority.
i dont know what to ay! if after everything i posted u stil place boko haaram with islam then u can never change! i dont hvae response 4u anymore! #its well
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by italo: 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
balash:
must u blame islam for crime's from sets of individual because they wear turban?? do u blame jesus for crime's pastor's make

Muhammad killed indiscriminately and taught Muslims to do so.

Jesus never killed or taught anyone to do so.

That's why we blame Mohammed and not Jesus.
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by balash(m): 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
italo:

Are u okay? Is fighting war part of kiling?? And muhammed fought war against idol worshpper's and not christian's..
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by kuss: 12:23am On Jul 07, 2014
balash:
If after everything I posted u still insist on this boko haram beeen follower of mohammed! I think u seriously need li and simbi test book! U need to go back to sch for good. Knowledge on understanding quote's..
for your information we Christian believe that all Muslim are potential terrorist even the ones that are our family members
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:21am On Jul 07, 2014
italo:

Really? Are you sure about this?

Mathew 13:41-42, 50

Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: "He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death." (See Ex 21:15, Lev 20:9, Dt 21:18-21) So, does Jesus think that children who curse their parents should be killed? It sure sounds like it.

Here is Christ command:
Luke 19:27 "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me."

Jesus' parallel lesson in Luke 19:27 to Revelation 20:10-15 is: If you don't accept Jesus Christ as your savior, you will suffer eternal torment. Great moral lessons of peace would you say?

Mark 13:12 Jesus said: Brother will hand over brother to death, and the father his child; children will raise up against their parents and put them to death.

Need more?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by Badmushazan: 5:49am On Jul 07, 2014
omonuan:

Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: "He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death." (See Ex 21:15, Lev 20:9, Dt 21:18-21) So, does Jesus think that children who curse their parents should be killed? It sure sounds like it.

Here is Christ command:
Luke 19:27 "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me."

Jesus' parallel lesson in Luke 19:27 to Revelation 20:10-15 is: If you don't accept Jesus Christ as your savior, you will suffer eternal torment. Great moral lessons of peace would you say?

Need more?

how I wish I can give you a million likes
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by balash(m): 9:07am On Jul 07, 2014
kuss:
for your information we Christian believe that all Muslim are potential terrorist even the ones that are our family members
Thank u for believing instead of assuming but we wuld like to inform u that we are not terrorist and in every religion they are fanatics who read useless meaning to what the creator teaches us? The recent pastor who asked his member's to eat grass as a divine call what should I as a muslim beleivee instead of assumption on such pastor's?? Are u reading meaning to me at all??
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by italo: 9:44am On Jul 09, 2014
omonuan:

You're fooling yourself. Matt 13 says nothing about killing children. Why don't you look for something else to manufacture instead of Bible verses.
omonuan: Here is Christ command:

Jesus is talking about God punishing disbelievers at the end of the world. He's nowhere telling believers to help God punish unbelievers as Muhammad told Muslims to do. Christians are taught to leave judgement to God.
omonuan: Mark 13:12 Jesus said: Brother will hand over brother to death, and the father his child; children will raise up against their parents and put them to death.

Need more?

"Brother will..." "children will..." not "brother should..." or "children should..."

The verse is a prediction of things to happen, not an advice on what Christians should do.

Why have you decided to fool yourself?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by italo: 9:50am On Jul 09, 2014
^^^

Another big proof that you have tried to manipulate Jesus' words to suit your poorly thought agenda:

Jesus never killed anyone. He even rebuked Peter when he sliced off the guard's ear and he healed the victim.

smiley
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by kuss: 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
balash:
Thank u for believing instead of assuming but we wuld like to inform u that we are not terrorist and in every religion they are fanatics who read useless meaning to what the creator teaches us? The recent pastor who asked his member's to eat grass as a divine call what should I as a muslim beleivee instead of assumption on such pastor's?? Are u reading meaning to me at all??
please tell your Muslim brothers to stop killing us the fact that we are not fighting back does not mean we are weak it's because our God told us to turn the other cheek
if pastors all over the world are making their members to eat grass then you can associate eating of grass with Christianity
today you can not seperate tithe and offering from Christianity even so you can not seperate Islam from terrorism
imagine if it was a Christian militia that kidnap the chibok girls and made them to renounce Islam on air, i tell u there will be backlash all over the world.
the other day someone drew a catoon in Europe and Muslims were killing people all over the world including Nigeria
how many blasphemous picture of Jesus have u seen, today there is a movie called copus christi cinema in Europe and America in which Jesus was sleeping with the 12 apostles
we are not fighting because we believe our god can fight for himself
we don't die for our god our god died for us
we have criminals all over the world but how many of them are doing it in the name of God
why not ask yourself what is it in Islam that is driving people to violence
it is very very annoying when Muslims claim terrorists are not Muslim

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by summerflame(m): 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
Christopher is a muslim name while Shekau and Kabiru Sokoto are christians abi?
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by dijam: 4:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
italo:

for u to say mohammed killed indiscriminately dat means u dont bliv in God but Jesus joshua was instructed to destryo a town without sparing anybody and muhammad gives rules dat dont fight women children monks old pple well i dont knw how xtians tink
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by italo: 5:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
dijam: for u to say mohammed killed indiscriminately dat means u dont bliv in God but Jesus joshua was instructed to destryo a town without sparing anybody and muhammad gives rules dat dont fight women children monks old pple well i dont knw how xtians tink

Wait...do you want to deny that Mohammed killed indiscriminately?
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by dijam: 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
italo:

Wait...do you want to deny that Mohammed killed indiscriminately?
wait Mohammad did not kill indiscriminately because it was an instruction from God to do so and if u tink Allah is violent or teaches evil then read ur old testament and see Jehovahs violence and compare d two ma salam
Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 09, 2014
italo:
You're fooling yourself. Matt 13 says nothing about killing children. Why don't you look for something else to manufacture instead of Bible verses.

Jesus is talking about God punishing disbelievers at the end of the world. He's nowhere telling believers to help God punish unbelievers as Muhammad told Muslims to do. Christians are taught to leave judgement to God.

"Brother will..." "children will..." not "brother should..." or "children should..."

The verse is a prediction of things to happen, not an advice on what Christians should do.

Why have you decided to fool yourself?

I will leave others to determine who is fabricating facts here. I always quote the bible verbatim because that is what is required of me. Unlike you, I take the words as they are written because since they are the words of God and inspired by him, they should not be convoluted or distorted.

I do not run away or attempt to change the good, the bad and/or the ugly in the Bible. No extra biblical interpretation for me be it "Holy Ghost" or "private interpretation." The bible is explicit enough and the law of parsimony requires that I deem what is written as succinct. A mortal being like me should not add or subtract from inspired work.

You have given your private interpretations to suit you. You are definitely one of those that say that the Bible does not mean what it says, it actually says what you mean. I get it! What I don't get is that you have the temerity to ask " Why have you decided to fool yourself? You have simply ignored the admonitions in the scriptures:

"......And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell." Mathew 5:22

The bible is not open to private interpretation
- 2 Peter 1:20-21:
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost. KJV

◄ Revelation 22:16 ►

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.

You want more Christ's peaceful disposition in the Bible?

Matthew 10:34-36 Jesus said: I came not to send peace but the sword, man against father, daughter against mother…and one’s enemies will be those of his household. This is probably one prophesy that has come true. Did you know that all the turmoil in your household was caused by son of man?

Luke 12:49-54 Jesus said: I have come to set the Earth on fire, and how I wish it were already blazing. How great is My anguish until it is accomplished! Doesn't this sound like what Osama Bin Laden or Mullah Omar or any of the identified terrorist would say?

Revelation 2:23 Jesus (The Son of Man) said: I will also kill her children... KJV. ouch! Does this make you squirm?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christian's Blame Islam/muslim's For The Emergence Of Boko Haram by kuss: 10:49am On Jul 10, 2014
OK, THERE ARE VIOLENT VERSES IN THE BIBLE BUT IT IS MUSLIMS THAT OBEY AND EXECUTE THEM

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Priest Convert To Islam / One Of The World's Oldest Quran Manuscripts Found In UK / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.