Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures (56226 Views)

Some Stress Ladies Undergo To Look More Beautiful And Trendy. / Genevieve Nnaji Looking So Stunningly Beautiful In A Monique Lhuillier Dress / Nigerian Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 04, 2014
[img]http://3.bp..com/-BONoE8f2iXM/U7WcQbhiwqI/AAAAAAAABX8/5-XmMh8xH_s/s1600/diadem.jpg[/img]

Even if you love the way you look in person, it takes practice to make sure your in-the-flesh beauty translates on camera. The good news? Being photogenic is a skill you can totally master. Here are a few of our favourite tips that will help you bring out your inner Gisele.

1. Take a look at your favourite pictures of yourself and try to spot a pattern. Do you like the way you look from a certain angle? When you smile a specific way? Try to replicate your best poses next time you have your photo taken.

2. Try this old school red carpet trick: Put your tongue behind your teeth when you smile to avoid a goofy, too-wide grin.

3. Blush is a must! Without some colour on your cheeks, your face can look two dimensional in photos. Use a medium pink shade on the apples of your cheeks to help shape your face.

4. Try the “red carpet” pose: put your hand on your hip, angle your body to the side and turn your head towards the camera. It’s a cliché, but it really does work to help you look slimmer.

5. Stand in front of a white wall. A light-coloured backdrop will help brighten your face. Using a white background also helps a camera’s automatic settings find the right colour balance, so your skin tone doesn’t end up looking too pink or yellow.

6. Be in more pictures! People who think they’re unphotogenic tend to pose for fewer photos overall, but photography is a game of averages. Even Kate Moss doesn’t nail it on the first frame. The more shots you let your photographer take, the more likely you’ll be happy with one or two of them.

7. A photo shot from just above you is way more flattering than one shot from below. If you’re taller than the person holding the camera, grab a seat.

8. Avoid standing directly under a light, which can cast weird shadows on your face. Instead, stand facing a natural light source, such as a window, or in a spot where soft light hits your face from the side.

9. Curled lashes and mascara are musts. “Both open up your eyes, and the eyes are the focal point of a picture. You want to draw people into a picture, so you want to maximize the impact of the eyes. They more open they are, the more the light hits them and that’s what makes them twinkle!”

10. Forget saying “cheese,” and instead think of something funny. Better yet, joke with the photographer. A natural smile trumps a fake one every time.

http://naijaoriginal..com/2014/07/10-tricks-that-make-you-instantly-more.html

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by Jennydoris(f): 11:33am On Jul 04, 2014
All these just to take a snap...

I pray make I have such time....
But wait ooo if I no come see white wall to take the shot nko?

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by icebebe(f): 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
Jennydoris: All these just to take a snap...

I pray make I have such time....
But wait ooo if I no come see white wall to take the shot nko?
hahahhaahahha use back of calendar do ur white wall

47 Likes

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by Jennydoris(f): 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
icebebe: hahahhaahahha use back of calendar do ur white wall

Hahahahaha. Ok na.

1 Like

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by tuffgongjo(m): 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
If it aren't paracetamol,it can never be Paracetamol,so if u aren't beautiful no matter d Trick,Film Trick or Hat Trick u apply u won't be beautiful.

98 Likes

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by tobiboss(m): 9:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
Does this apply for men too? If yes, i better go get some mascara

5 Likes

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by johnstar(m): 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
Al na wash

3 Likes

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by slimpoppa(m): 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
E no go work. if you no fine, you no fine.

11 Likes

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by Ibyno(m): 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lol .

1 Like

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by rattlesnake(m): 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
THEY WANTED HIM

BUT HE REFUSED TO JOIN

OSEWA IS A HERO

73 Likes

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by Businesstools(m): 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
When will women stop deceiving men?

8 Likes

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
If you no fine real life, even photokiosk no fit perform wonders.
e.g Azzezat, kemistry's sister, OBYYY grin grin
I snapped one pics around 2009, till date na still my best pics others na grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by Tbillz(m): 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
Tips for Kemistry and Estelle/ Taiye taiwo and Omobaba 1 can also bookmark the page. Banky waddup? This might help too[headies]....................10 tricks LOL, who are you tricking?

5 Likes

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by pacodas: 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
@op you forgot "coat your face with enough pancake" ☺
Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by habisodun(m): 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
chai Nawa ooo
Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by Frankenstein: 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
You forgot to add 'exclusively for girls'

1 Like

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by leofab(f): 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
Yeye deh smell for this thread o!!!!
Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
tuffgongjo: If it aren't paracetamol,it can never be Paracetamol,so if u aren't beautiful no matter d Trick,Film Trick or Hat Trick u apply u won't be beautiful.
infact Ɣ☺ΰ
Said it all

1 Like

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by smudge2079(m): 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
Cheese! Now i can finally put my pix on nairaland. Mtchewwww... Oniranu.
Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by sanandreas(m): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
U forget to put photoshop

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
I'm not photogenic.... Simple!!!!
Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by shininglite(m): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
;DPerson way don fine don fine btw nice 1@op
Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by freshness2020: 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Why not say
Ladies only!
Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by Ignatio(m): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
What of the duck mouth?
Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by Trendy247: 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
like dis

22 Likes

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by Sike(m): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Stop giving Us Hope @OP, It's in us already! tongue

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by agrovick(m): 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ridiculously ridiculous. Chai

1 Like

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by Taiye4Christ(m): 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nice post, op.
When last did I even pose for a shot? Can‘t recall.
Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by mrmaze(m): 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
More lik ways a lady can get beautiful in picture

1 Like

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by RAKITIC: 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
To snap ordinary pix don turn wetin persin go dey study

15 Likes

Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by niytej(m): 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hehe! Awon babes nboyin wonya photo cheesy #back of calendar do a white wall
Re: 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures by agrovick(m): 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lolaabokoku: infact Ɣ☺ΰ
Said it all
this ur name ehn grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Young Ladies Are Viciously Insulted After Posting Make-up Free Photos / Learn How To Make Lace Earrings / 10 Different Types Of Nigerian Barbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.