Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,954 members, 7,952,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:25 AM

Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration (3747 Views)

I Need Information Concerning Trust Fund Investment Network And How Real Are The (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
Ask your questions here:
the thread is back!!!
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by denip: 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
Hi, I am in the construction buisness and am thinking of registering a limited laibility company. I don't want to limit d company 2 just the construction sector. I want the company to be able to execute other types of jobs. Is this possible? How do I go about it? What is the cost of the registration?
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by danielblessing(m): 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
For business registration, is it a must to use national id card or what are the necessary documents? Thanks
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
denip: Hi, I am in the construction buisness and am thinking of registering a limited laibility company. I don't want to limit d company 2 just the construction sector. I want the company to be able to execute other types of jobs. Is this possible? How do I go about it? What is the cost of the registration?

Yes it is very possible, other businesses you like to do with it will be stated in your Memo of association. Am an accredited agent with CAC, i will assist.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
danielblessing: For business registration, is it a must to use national id card or what are the necessary documents? Thanks

the first and most important document for business registration is an accepted id card. it can be either of the following:
National ID card
Driver's License
International Passport
Voter's card is also accepted.

As regarding other documents, you will need professional certificates if your company will be providing professional services. Or at least an academic degree certificate in that field. But besides that, you generally do not need any other documents to register a company/business.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by danielblessing(m): 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
Okay, what about a software development company, do i need a certificate for that? Thanks
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2014
danielblessing: Okay, what about a software development company, do i need a certificate for that? Thanks

No
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
More questions concerning business registration?
Ask here.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by Skillz02(m): 9:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
Discover how to Register Your Business
Name With The Corporate Affairs
Commission (CAC) In 21 Days Or Less,
Without A Lawyer And
With Less Than N15,000
Contact me here
tycoongig@gmail.com
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 8:53am On Sep 13, 2014
Skillz02: Discover how to Register Your Business
Name With The Corporate Affairs
Commission (CAC) In 21 Days Or Less,
Without A Lawyer And
With Less Than N15,000
Contact me here
tycoongig@gmail.com

There is no mystery in business name registration, and i created this thread to openly shed light on issues arising from the process so that other people too can benefit from such information.
If you want to make money off people by selling information via personal e-mailing, politely create a thread for that and stop advertising here.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 15, 2014
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
easyconnect: What of incorporated trustee, what is the minimal number of people that can register it? secondly, what if there is not office address yet,:can one's house address be use?
Thank you

At least 2 people.
Of course you can use your house address, it is very much allowed.
Regards.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by Rooneyboy(m): 8:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
pls what exactly is happening CAC and registering of companies in Nigeria ?
I've been on this business registration of a thing for more than 2 months now and it's really frustrating me ..

Heard the CAC website was hacked?

1 Like

Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 10:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
Rooneyboy: pls what exactly is happening CAC and registering of companies in Nigeria ?
I've been on this business registration of a thing for more than 2 months now and it's really frustrating me ..

Heard the CAC website was hacked?

they had a server downtime. but it is fixed. check with the office handling your registration, what stage are you now?
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by Kennyfancy(m): 12:17am On Sep 16, 2014
pls am still a studnt, my quest is Y do i need to register my business/company
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by Rooneyboy(m): 7:33am On Sep 16, 2014
foxychev:

they had a server downtime. but it is fixed. check with the office handling your registration, what stage are you now?

Still in the 'names search' process .

Gave my lawyer my 3 choices of names for over 2 months now, and he keeps coming back with this 'server ish' talk .

U said things are OK now with their server, right ?
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by chux76(m): 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
My questions are:

1. Can one tender a proposal to a large organizations with just a business name registered company?

2. Can a company registered as proffering General Contracts and Internet services (Services the company offers) carry out any kind of business whatsoever since it is not registered to carry out a specific service?

3. What are the limitations of having a Business name registered company?

4. How much would it cost to upgrade from a business name to a LLC?

1 Like

Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
chux76: My questions are:

1. Can one tender a proposal to a large organizations with just a business name registered company?

2. Can a company registered as proffering General Contracts and Internet services (Services the company offers) carry out any kind of business whatsoever since it is not registered to carry out a specific service?

3. What are the limitations of having a Business name registered company?

4. How much would it cost to upgrade from a business name to a LLC?

1. Yes you can. some organizations may prefer limited companies, it is at their discretion and by how much they feel they can trust you. ltd companies are generally more trusted in Nigeria than business names.
2. There is always a clause that is advisable you put in your memo of association that authorizes your company to carry out other businesses as deemed fit. That should take care of that.
3. I cannot really say business names have limitations. Professionals like lawyers and accountants use them. If yours is not a professional service, and you want govt contracts, get a ltd company; and like I said earlier ltd companies are better trusted and seen as more serious than business names.
4. Its same with starting from scratch. Your intended share capital will make price vary.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
Rooneyboy:

Still in the 'names search' process .

Gave my lawyer my 3 choices of names for over 2 months now, and he keeps coming back with this 'server ish' talk .

U said things are OK now with their server, right ?

Few days ago at their zonal office they claimed everything is fine now. You might want to check with him again, or are you considering an alternative?
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by Rooneyboy(m): 10:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
foxychev:

Few days ago at their zonal office they claimed everything is fine now. You might want to check with him again, or are you considering an alternative?

is there an alternative

thanks for the info, I''ll give my lawyer a call to know if things are ok now
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by Rooneyboy(m): 10:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
foxychev:

Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by Rooneyboy(m): 10:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
foxychev:

is there an alternative

thanks for the info, I''ll give my lawyer a call to know if things are ok now .
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 9:07am On Sep 18, 2014
Rooneyboy:

is there an alternative

thanks for the info, I''ll give my lawyer a call to know if things are ok now .

Ok. Let us know how it goes. Please share, and should in case you need more assistance....
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by GANDALF1(m): 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
foxychev:

There is no mystery in business name registration, and i created this thread to openly shed light on issues arising from the process so that other people too can benefit from such information.
If you want to make money off people by selling information via personal e-mailing, politely create a thread for that and stop advertising here.

Why are you crying foul? You started it with this post.

foxychev:
Yes it is very possible, other businesses you like to do with it will be stated in your Memo of association. Am an accredited agent with CAC, i will assist you with every other thing concerning registration of your company. Kindly call my line: 08188887911.

Practice what you preach bro.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by admiral007: 12:16am On Sep 25, 2014
Pls I have always ponder about this issue. I see some business (company) stating that they are affiliate or a subsidy of another business.

Pls if u want ur business to be an affiliate, what are the procedure?

Will it require same documentation as business registration?

If paying TAX (TIN) wat can be achieved in this regards.

Tnx
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
admiral007: Pls I have always ponder about this issue. I see some business (company) stating that they are affiliate or a subsidy of another business.

Pls if u want ur business to be an affiliate, what are the procedure?

Will it require same documentation as business registration?

If paying TAX (TIN) wat can be achieved in this regards.

Tnx

Subsidiary is a company that is owned by another company. For instance we can say Dangote Sugar Plc is a subsidiary of Dangote Group of Companies... something like that.
Affiliates are different. It arises when you have some kind of agreement with another company to do business together, share technical information, sell each other's products, etc. It can also mean you are an agent of another company to promote their products/services.
If you want your business to be an affiliate of another, you only need to contact them and make known your intentions. There is no universal procedure for creating this. Every organization have their policies as regarding affiliate programs.
I do not quite understand what you are asking concerning the TIN. Could you please re-phrase?
I'd be glad to assist you.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by DOG2EART: 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
one can register a business if he has one but if you don't have your primary target should be how to start up one . in case you may want to start one with a little amount and then grow gradually i will advise you to read the topic on passive income which is in this investment section or you can reach us on phone for details 08068027745. after that u den ask ur questions here goodluck
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by admiral007: 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
foxychev:

Subsidiary is a company that is owned by another company. For instance we can say Dangote Sugar Plc is a subsidiary of Dangote Group of Companies... something like that.
Affiliates are different. It arises when you have some kind of agreement with another company to do business together, share technical information, sell each other's products, etc. It can also mean you are an agent of another company to promote their products/services.
If you want your business to be an affiliate of another, you only need to contact them and make known your intentions. There is no universal procedure for creating this. Every organization have their policies as regarding affiliate programs.
I do not quite understand what you are asking concerning the TIN. Could you please re-phrase?
I'd be glad to assist you.
What I mean is if payment of tax will be done separately or collectively. If given that both company operate under the same platform.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
admiral007:
What I mean is if payment of tax will be done separately or collectively. If given that both company operate under the same platform.

Each individual company in a group pays tax differently.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by admiral007: 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
foxychev:

Each individual company in a group pays tax differently.
Tnx bro. U have been helpful
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by edogho(m): 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
is it possible i walk into any CAC office and register mi company name myself? if yes, what are the expectations?
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by X2X(m): 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
foxychev:

foxychev:

....... Kindly call my line: 08188887911.

Since you claim you want everything to be open and others to benefit, why are you yourself also inviting folks to call your line?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Earn Guaranteed Passive Income Every Week / An Investment That Is Worthy Of Your Money / How To Increase Gtb Transfer Limit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.