Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration (3496 Views)

I Need Information Concerning Trust Fund Investment Network And How Real Are The (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
edogho: is it possible i walk into any CAC office and register mi company name myself? if yes, what are the expectations?

You can do that for a business name, but not for a limited company.
You will be asked to submit your proposed business name (two options), if approved it will be reserved for you. Then you obtain business name registration forms. The rest is self-explanatory.
Feel free to walk into any CAC office, their staff are always helpful with good information.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
What is d cost of registering a business name/ A limited company with CAC. What of someone that already has a business name, what are d requirements to change it to a limited company. And how long will it take.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 10:20am On Nov 10, 2014
The cost of registering a limited company vary depending on the agent, location and share capital. As an accredited agent I always advise clients to budget something around 60k for limited and 23k for business names. The level of professional service I render during the course of registration will determine the actual fee.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 1:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
CAC seems to be slow in handling incorporation matters these days. Don't get cranky on your agent if you are experiencing delays.
More questions and issues...?
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 8:39am On Aug 09, 2015
Need more information or assistance in registering your business?
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by ayprimate: 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2015
Pls is it possible to change the name of a ltd coy to another new name.i.e to abandon the former name to new name? And if possible, what is the process and cost involve? Thanks
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2015
ayprimate:
Pls is it possible to change the name of a ltd coy to another new name.i.e to abandon the former name to new name? And if possible, what is the process and cost involve? Thanks
Sure it is. First, get a board resolution ready. Then name search for the proposed name will be done. A new MEMAT will be drafted in the company's new name. The procedure is generally similar to registering a fresh company and it costs about as much.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by futurerex: 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2015
What are the companies a person can register without a certificate?
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 10:23pm On Aug 12, 2015
futurerex:
What are the companies a person can register without a certificate?
Manufacturing, services, general trading. You can register any company that doesn't render professional services or consultancy, so far there are no special regulations.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by TrueProfits: 11:24am On Aug 13, 2015
What are the requirements for registering a business name on Forex Trading?
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by futurerex: 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2015
foxychev:

Manufacturing, services, general trading. You can register any company that doesn't render professional services or consultancy, so far there are no special regulations.
THANKS
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 4:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
TrueProfits:
What are the requirements for registering a business name on Forex Trading?

Do you mean you want to act as fund managers? In other words, do you intend to trade for people? If yes, your registration will have a second phase with CBN because there is minimum capitalization requirement for that like it is for banks.
If no, kindly provide more details about what exactly you will be doing with your company.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by TrueProfits: 11:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
foxychev:

Do you mean you want to act as fund managers? In other words, do you intend to trade for people? If yes, your registration will have a second phase with CBN because there is minimum capitalization requirement for that like it is for banks.
If no, kindly provide more details about what exactly you will be doing with your company.

I knew it...pls can you give me an idea of the capitalization size? ...and what if i won't be trading for people but just for myself?
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2015
TrueProfits:

I knew it...pls can you give me an idea of the capitalization size? ...and what if i won't be trading for people but just for myself?

If you have a starter business in mind you don't want to go there. CBN requires minimum share capitalization of N100 million for such business.
If you just want to trade for yourself you don't need to register any company, just open account with the FOREX broker of your choice and go live.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 11:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
Still, people ask me concerning Business Name. My response is always the same: walk into any CAC office and ask the staff you want to do business name registration. You will be asked to start with a name search.
Make sure you approach a staff of CAC directly, they are usually very customer friendly.
You sure won't spend up to 20k.

But for Limited Company Incorporation, you might want to beep me, you need an accredited customer.

PIN: 58B0A621
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 9:31pm On Jun 21, 2017
With the new CAC online registration portal:
It is possible to get the result of a name search/reservation the same day (this was always 4 days)
Stamp duties is done with the click of the mouse in a matter of minutes (this was a 4 day affair)
When a final upload and submission of your documents are done, it is also possible to get your RC number the same day and get your certificate within 2 days (this used to take 10 working days before now)

This indicates almost 3 weeks reduction in the time needed to register a company!
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2017
Since CAC now offers online services, I know there will be fresh questions in mind. Ask here and get answers.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 11:37am On Aug 29, 2017
Accepted Identification documents for company registration:

International Passport
Drivers License
National ID or NIMC slip
Permanent Voters Card
Birth Certificate or Age Declaration

You also need 2 passport photos for a Business Name.

Ask a question here if you encounter issues.

1 Like

Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by hoyze24: 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2017
foxychev:
Accepted Identification documents for company registration:

International Passport
Drivers License
National ID or NIMC slip
Permanent Voters Card
Birth Certificate or Age Declaration

You also need 2 passport photos for a Business Name.

Ask a question here if you encounter issues.
How much does it cost to register a business name now and how long will it take?
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2017
hoyze24:

How much does it cost to register a business name now and how long will it take?

In all, you need about 20k to register. It should be done within a week if you do everything right.
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2017
Okay. Let me differentiate between business name and limited company in plain terms.

Business name implies that you are doing business as yourself. You are not different from your business, it's all about you and your partners. People are interested in you as much as they are interested in your business. You get to have a bank account, stamp, letterhead, logo, etc. and clients have an assurance that you are real.

Limited company shows that you are a serious guy who wants the business to run even when you are out of town. It's not just about making some quick money, you want to have a long term commitment to building people, values, empires, with a clear vision. Clients have more respect for a limited company, you don't look cheap to them at all.

From the above you can determine what works for you.,
Questions...?
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 11:57am On Oct 05, 2017
Get to know how much you need to register your business:
https://www.nairaland.com/3918481/cost-registering-business-nigeria
Re: Ask Your Questions Concerning Business Registration by foxychev(m): 6:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
FYI. If you need to contact me directly, call or use the telegram messaging app

(1) (2) (Reply)

QFX Forex Trading Bot Scam Exposed Don't Invest! Is QFX Legit Or Scam? / Travel Abroad Sponsorship Needed / Earn 12% Monthly Returns On Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.