Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer (20689 Views)

Angola Overtakes Nigeria In Crude Oil Production / Nigeria Overtakes South-Africa As Continent's Largest Economy / Nigeria Set To Overtake Uk As Largest Market For Guinness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by texazzpete(m): 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
caseless: pure gangue! u knw wat? I'l let ur idiocy stay afloat for d time being cos i'm fasting. But, b on the lookout 4 me.

No need to come back. We all now know you're a half-baked geologist and an embarrassment to the institution that trained you

5 Likes

Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by ignis: 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
caseless: oil shale is a sed rock that holds kerogen that is used to produce liquid hydrocarbon called shale oil. Dnt mistake crude oil for shale oil cos the former occur naturally. Shale oil can substitute for d conventional crude , but it is more costly to extract shale oil both financially and environmental impact.
If the US think they have oil production that can make them top saudi and others, then why did they choose a more costly shale oil? All na propaganda abeg. Ar u a geologist?
Yea , am a geologist. ..
Why do you ask?

1 Like

Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by Litmus: 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
The US has always been a Top oil nation. It's just that, like someone already mentioned, home consumption, environmental concerns and cost of production considerations made it expedient to chase oil abroad. Also there was the long term consideration. The international outlook now looks decidedly dodgy- what with terrorism, China, Middle East + the fact that so many of the worlds Nations are no longer viable as things currently stand, which is the real lesson we should take from the World Financial Crash- it now makes relative economic sense for America to exploit its natural resources.

Let's not forget the oil reserves in the North Pole or is it south pole??

1 Like

Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by tohero(m): 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
texazzpete:

You and your friend are both dolts.

What does American's foreign adventurism have to do with the quantity of Crude Oil produced in the Continental United States?

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by aljharem(m): 9:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
ignis:
You have little knowledge, yet you have a very wide mouth to say what you don't know. What is the difference between crude oil and shale oil? What is the source rock of crude oil? Is it not Shale?
If you actually read the article with your brain and not with your ball, you will actually see the reasons for the decline in crude oil production in Iraq, Russia, Libya and Nigeria.
What else do you want?

LOL omo see insult. Did I not state "with my little knowledge"

Ok ma, Thanks for teaching me. I appreciate. smiley
Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by OjaP: 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
To those doubting Thomases who won't believe the U.S is the number 1. Please subscribe to any of these magazines to keep yourself well informed. Desist from arguing blindly especially when you have nothing to back up your claims. Wikipedia can only give you little or no info about the current happenings in the Oil and Gas sector.

1 Like

Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by dimobro(m): 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
It is time Nigeria wakes up. Almost every country in the world now produces creude oil. The federal government of Nigeria had better wake up to her responsibilities by diversifying the economy. One's wealth is not guaranteed sustainability unless diversification is involved. The likes of Apple, Microsoft, Google, Dangote Group and so on.
Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by dimobro(m): 10:05pm On Jul 07, 2014
It is time Nigeria wakes up. Almost every country in the world now produces crude oil. The federal government of Nigeria had better wake up to her responsibilities by diversifying the economy. One's wealth is not guaranteed sustainability unless diversification is involved. Take the likes of Apple, Microsoft, Google, Dangote Group for example.
Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by mohammad11: 10:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
texazzpete:

Looking at your username, it's clear your views on this matter are largely shaped by the contents of heavily biased jihadist websites. You need to be watched carefully.

jihadist websites? Watched?

Dont you follow the media, is cnn, newsnow,bbc and voa a jihadist websites?

I could see some traces of Racism in you.
Just because of my name you just turn it to religion tin.
Pls kindly take care of what is in our dam.n head.
Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by LajaLaba: 10:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
cbrass:

Why did u ask pls
Cos muslims hate America lipsrsealed
Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by LajaLaba: 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
Abuklaw: And so what!! Go and die if you're aggrieved.
Why do muslims like violence so much?must u always kill to appeace your god?
Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by tbaba1234: 10:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
texazzpete:

Looking at your username, it's clear your views on this matter are largely shaped by the contents of heavily biased jihadist websites. You need to be watched carefully.

What is the correlation between his post and your response??
Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by texazzpete(m): 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
tbaba1234:

What is the correlation between his post and your response??

Only people who frequent those jihadist websites that are full of denial will come out to claim that the US is in full control of Oil from South Sudan, Iraq and Libya...and attempt to tie it to record oil production from wells within the United States. All with no shred of proof.

People who frequent jihadist websites should be watched.

1 Like

Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by texazzpete(m): 11:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
mohammad11:
jihadist websites? Watched?

Dont you follow the media, is cnn, newsnow,bbc and voa a jihadist websites?

I could see some traces of Racism in you.
Just because of my name you just turn it to religion tin.
Pls kindly take care of what is in our dam.n head.

I'm not a bigot. I just have an intense dislike for inanity.

1 Like

Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by cbrass(m): 11:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
LajaLaba: Cos muslims hate America lipsrsealed

I don't think muslims hate america, they have seen the double life they live and that's what they hate. Don't be suprised if it turns out that ISIS is been sponsored by america to twart the SAUDIS and destabilize that region. You claim to be a peace loving state yet you fund terrroist
Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by tbaba1234: 11:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
texazzpete:

Only people who frequent those jihadist websites that are full of denial will come out to claim that the US is in full control of Oil from South Sudan, Iraq and Libya...and attempt to tie it to record oil production from wells within the United States. All with no shred of proof.

People who frequent jihadist websites should be watched.

Again, there is no correlation. Many laymen will say the same. What is your basis for that argument?

Truth is, you saw his name and profiled him, which is wrong and distasteful.

I have been a fan of your posts in the past but with all due respect, you are totally wrong and disrespectful here.

2 Likes

Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by Nobody: 4:34am On Jul 08, 2014
aljharem:

Not exactly but based on my little knowledge I know it can't be true unless proven otherwise. Yes Shale oil is there but all these are just peculations. Some grades of Shale oil itself might not be viable.

No matter how good shale oil is, he can never be compared both in quantity and quality to crude oil.

These is what Saudi and Russia have

huh? lol where do people get off making such outlandishly false claims? Shale oil is slightly similar to heavy crudes in that they contain more heteroatoms like sulphur. Infact, in Europe, where gasoline use is not as high... refineries there are better off processing shale oil/heavy crudes because they can generate more middle distillates that go into producing kerosene, diesel etc. You can hydrocrack to get lighter fuels if you want. Your conventional lighter crudes (nigeria's bonny light for example) would be way less economical to refine in Europe since you get larger cuts of light naphthas to make gasoline.

Shale oil may be much more difficult to extract and process... but that is because the world has had over 100 yrs to develop extraction and refinery processes specifically for lighter crudes. It might interest you to know that there are huge shale oil projects currently going on in canada as we speak.

2 Likes

Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by aljharem(m): 10:41am On Jul 08, 2014
davidylan:

huh? lol where do people get off making such outlandishly false claims? Shale oil is slightly similar to heavy crudes in that they contain more heteroatoms like sulphur. Infact, in Europe, where gasoline use is not as high... refineries there are better off processing shale oil/heavy crudes because they can generate more middle distillates that go into producing kerosene, diesel etc. You can hydrocrack to get lighter fuels if you want. Your conventional lighter crudes (nigeria's bonny light for example) would be way less economical to refine in Europe since you get larger cuts of light naphthas to make gasoline.

Shale oil may be much more difficult to extract and process... but that is because the world has had over 100 yrs to develop extraction and refinery processes specifically for lighter crudes. It might interest you to know that there are huge shale oil projects currently going on in canada as we speak.

Thanks
Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2014
OjaP: To those doubting Thomases who won't believe the U.S is the number 1. Please subscribe to any of these magazines to keep yourself well informed. Desist from arguing blindly especially when you have nothing to back up your claims. Wikipedia can only give you little or no info about the current happenings in the Oil and Gas sector.
how do you get those?
Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
davidylan:

well said. US and Canada are the leading countries in Shale Oil exploration and production.

In fact, I first hear of Canada's exploration in that vertical before US.
Re: US Overtakes Saudi Arabia, Russia As Largest Oil Producer by akigbemaru: 3:58am On Jul 09, 2014
true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Excuses Graduates Give For Not Starting Their Own Business / How I Started My EXPORT Business With Zero Initial Capital / GSK Quits Kenya 4 Months After Nigeria Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.