Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,054 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:40 PM

Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World (18851 Views)

5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / 12 Most Loved Cities In Nigeria / 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by kizbad: 1:16am On Jul 05, 2014
1 | VENICE

If Venice didn't exist it would still probably come to life in some Hollywood screenplay for the imagined backdrop of a romantic feature. Even so, it would most likely not be the fantasy that it is in reality, a fairytale of canals and breathtaking architecture. What can be more romantic than a gondola ride down a canal, or a walk over narrow bridges, getting lost through narrow lanes, and ending up at monumental squares? If you're not yet in love, you will be.

2 | PARIS

Paris allows itself to be promoted as the city of love, and who can deny that? It really is a city for lovers, for strolls along the Seine, sipping coffee at a café, and for picture-perfect moments in romantic neighborhoods like Montmartre. Then there's the Champs Elysees, the Eiffel Tower lit up at night, and the many gardens like the Jardin du Luxembourg. In Paris, love is in the air everywhere you look around.

3 | PRAGUE

Prague is one of the world's great romantic wonders, thanks to an immaculately-preserved old town filled with fairytale architecture. Walk hand-in-hand from the castle to the monumental Old Town Square through Charles Bridge, and stand together as you hear the chime of a 600-year old astronomical clock. Then it's time to lose yourselves in the beauty and romance of this ancient city, through a sea of spires and cobblestones that make this a lovers' paradise.

4 | FLORENCE

The Renaissance ambience of Florence gives it a romantic storybook atmosphere, especially for lovers and lovers of art. This is a magical setting filled with works by Michelangelo and Botticelli, where you can admire fabulous views from the top of the Duomo or from the famous Piazzale Michelangelo. End with a kiss on the legendary Vecchio Bridge after a candlelit dinner of fine Italian cuisine and wine.

5 | ROME
[img][/img]
Evoking images of gladiators and ancient treasures, Rome is one of the world's most dazzling cities. Lovers gather by its many fountains to throw coins as they make a wish, share gelatos and sip cappuccinos in the middle of beautiful piazzas, and walk past three thousand years of history. In Rome, life really is dolce.

6 | LISBON

Overlooked by an ancient castle, with breathtaking scenery admired from hilltop viewpoints, tiled buildings, cobblestone designs, vintage trams, a river on its way to the Atlantic, and flashbacks to the days of the great explorers of the Age of Discovery, Lisbon has all the ingredients that make it one of the world's most romantic cities.
And if it's not enough there's Sintra (the European capital of Romanticism) nearby, and the unbelievably picturesque medieval village of Obidos which was once a wedding present from a king to his queen.
7 | VIENNA

This city seems made for romantic walks, with monumental avenues circling around pedestrian streets. The soundtrack is usually Mozart's classic sounds, and when your legs finally need some rest there are the horse-drawn carriages. In between, lovers get a sense of what it's like to live as a king and queen, visiting the regal splendor of the city's palaces and museums.

See more at: http://www.askranker.com/2014/07/most-romantic-cities-in-world.html

3 Likes

Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by DeHero1: 3:57am On Jul 05, 2014
Rome wasn't truly built in a day... maybe 2 days sha

4 Likes

Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by psyqs(m): 4:25am On Jul 05, 2014
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by NaLaugh: 4:27am On Jul 05, 2014
There is a huge bias for European backdrops in this.

More like "Most romantic cities in Europe"

8 Likes

Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by PastorOluT(m): 4:30am On Jul 05, 2014
France n Italy top d list, little wonder the stories behind them!
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Aphex(m): 4:36am On Jul 05, 2014
When im old enough to date and have a girlfriend, I hope I'll b able to take her to ....... One of the cities sha
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by dagr8(m): 4:36am On Jul 05, 2014
Paris is it wink
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Psalmwellcology: 4:37am On Jul 05, 2014
Ok
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Truckpusher(m): 4:39am On Jul 05, 2014
Where is Lasgidi?

If Lasgidi isn't on this list ,then forget it .The list can't be complete without Lasgidi, because each time I find myself in Elegushi or Kuramo beach I feel so so romantic grin

9 Likes

Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Nobody: 4:41am On Jul 05, 2014
Truckpusher: Where is Lasgidi?

If Lasgidi isn't on this list ,then forget it .The list can't be complete without Lasgidi, because each time I find myself in Elegushi or Kuramo beach I feel so so romantic grin

Internal patrol commences
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by EyezAkeem: 4:46am On Jul 05, 2014
I have to go see rome someday, take a tour to the Vatican, see the greatest works of the greatest artists that ever lived - Michelango, Bernini & co.. Venice too is a must be, They both in my bucket list

2 Likes

Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Shollay20(m): 4:47am On Jul 05, 2014
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Atmmachine(m): 4:56am On Jul 05, 2014
France is overrated
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Afam4eva(m): 4:58am On Jul 05, 2014
What about Sicilly?
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Afam4eva(m): 4:59am On Jul 05, 2014
Atmmachine: France is overrated
Why do you say so?

1 Like

Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Afam4eva(m): 5:01am On Jul 05, 2014
Na Laugh: There is a huge bias for European backdrops in this.

More like "Most romantic cities in Europe"
That's because it was Europeans that defined our thought process. I don't exactly understand what it means for a city to be romantic. is it the buildings or architecture? How is a building romantic? Is it the people in those cities?

13 Likes

Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by justi4jesu(f): 5:06am On Jul 05, 2014
Mon paris est belle wink
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by pussyeater(m): 5:07am On Jul 05, 2014
Where is Makoko?
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Atmmachine(m): 5:08am On Jul 05, 2014
Afam4eva:
Why do you say so?

lots of traffic and small roads.

But the country is more beautiful than America
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Big4wig(m): 5:08am On Jul 05, 2014
Banana Iceland nko undecided
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Afam4eva(m): 5:13am On Jul 05, 2014
Atmmachine:

Europe generally tends to be more beautiful than North America and that's because the definition of beauty is antiquated.

4 Likes

Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by pussyeater(m): 5:28am On Jul 05, 2014
Atmmachine:

Have u been to US? Ode!

2 Likes

Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by dryakson(m): 5:32am On Jul 05, 2014
I just dey remember Zubby77 as I they scroll down......
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by AbdulAdam56(m): 5:33am On Jul 05, 2014
whr maiduguri. borno state
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by tropaz(m): 5:35am On Jul 05, 2014
Op,you got it wrong if IKERE EKITI is not on your list...*winks

1 Like

Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Azwealth(m): 5:36am On Jul 05, 2014
No Lagos? The list is not complete jare...
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Phartymah112(f): 5:41am On Jul 05, 2014
Pls o,where is maiduguri borno state in d list?
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by englishmart(m): 5:42am On Jul 05, 2014
Young op, I need a picture of Rome, or ur thread is useless

1 Like

Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by YoursGEJ(m): 5:43am On Jul 05, 2014
I dey find where to travel go before. OP thank you
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by justi4jesu(f): 5:44am On Jul 05, 2014
But…is it really that romantic? Does it live up to the hype? Is Paris, THE city of Love? No. Yes.
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Psalmwellcology: 5:45am On Jul 05, 2014
Have you been searching for nollywood movies like:- Room 027, IJÉ (The Journey), Mr & Mrs, Two Brides And A Baby, House Of Gold, Pretty Liars, Last Flight To Abuja, Mad Sex, Azonto Classics, Shakira; WAZO, Ipe, Diamond, Ahon, Latifat, Ijoba Ose Kan, Aranbada, Akisa, Adebimpe, Oritoke, Kijipa Ife, Salako Alagbe,........ Etc?!!!
Download these and more here:-
http://downloadsloft.wapka.mobi
NO registration needed.... Just download as you please.
Re: Most ROMANTIC CITIES In The World by Innodon(m): 5:46am On Jul 05, 2014
Paris

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Issues 58,000 Visas To Foreign Investors At Lagos Airport / Guyana Visa How Is It Obtain In Nigeria / Update On The Lagos Redline Metro Rail Project Four Months After Commissioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.