Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,698 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria (49790 Views)

12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng / 10 Most Expensive Cities In Africa 2015 [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 28, 2015
Abuja, Lagos and Calabar are the most famous cities in Nigeria, but there are many other interesting and fabulous cities that don’t get much love from Nigerians because the popular ones have stolen all the glory and dominated everywhere. These underrated cities are liveable and exciting. You don’t have to wake up 4 am to beat traffic or squander your salary before pay day just because you are living above your what you can afford.

We rated these cities by combination of factors like low cost of living, cheap housing facilities, low crime rates, quality educational facilities and good amenities. Here are 5 most underrated cities in Nigeria that will provide you with the lifestyle that is good enough for you.

http://www.travelstart.com.ng/blog/most-underrated-cities-nigeria/

1. Enugu
People often forget Enugu because it is not full of drama like Lagos or Abuja. But the city has its own energy and unique beauty. The city is truly comfortable to live because of its laid-back quality of life and Enugu people are really nice. Enugu, popularly known as the ‘coal city’ is blessed with interesting neighbourhood, beautiful attractions and great architecture. Enugu has become one of the liveable cities in Nigeria with improved housing and public transportation. The streets and districts have grown increasingly sophisticated with stylish malls, inclusive bars and clubs, contemporary restaurants and many other amenities. Enugu offers unusual experiences for affordable lifestyle compare to the popular cities.

138 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 28, 2015
2. Ibadan
Many people have the notion that Ibadan is still that ancient town with panoramic brick townhouses our fore-fathers lived in. Well, that is no longer the case, there is much more to experience in this metropolis. The underrated city has been reborn in the past few years with upscale neigbourhood, beautiful hotels and restaurants – even local ‘bukas’ such as Mama Ope Buka at Mokola has stepped up its game. Places like Agodi gate has been restructured and no longer as rowdy as it used to be. You will find great street foods – local specialties such as ‘Amala and Ewedu with roundabout meats’ – this makes this city more memorable. Nightlife in Ibadan is exciting, especially in the trendy part of the city – live music, clubs and bars, you will surely be entertained. Low living and housing cost, big business interests – lots of companies ( both local and International) are opening branches in Ibadan. Everything is now bigger and better in Ibadan.

84 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 28, 2015
3. Ilorin
Ilorin is really a great place for a family to live. The underrated city is blessed with lots of natural resources, beautiful attractions, quality educational facilities, Ilorin University campus, historical relics, modern infrastructures, and low unemployment rate. The city has several health care facilities that cater for its residents. Shopping in Ilorin is supreme, you will find lots of shops and mall. Ilorin is a great place for people who wants a relaxed lifestyle.

55 Likes 9 Shares

4. Onitsha
Onitsha has been booted off most Nigerians’ radar because they think it is boring and undeveloped. However, the city has been growing quietly and now it is really a warm city where you can enjoy the big metropolis’benefits on a moderate budget. The underrated city is an exciting places to live, it gives a subcontinental thrill and the locals are proud of its charm and laid-back atmosphere. You should see an Ibo guy talk about Onitsha, you will love it. Onitsha is growing rapidly, the city is attraction lots of foreign Industries with huge capital resources. Onitsha has got everything that will give you a comfortable lifestyle, from cheap housing to low cost of living. Maybe that is why the locals love their city so much.

65 Likes 4 Shares

. Sokoto
Sokoto is perceived to be unsafe, so it is not surprising that the city is not exactly a place people want to live, work or visit. However, the city is a vibrant city with cosmopolitan vibes. The city is surrounded by interesting sights and attractions, beautiful architecture, scenic lakes and dams, good housing stock and a great neighbourhood development. Sokoto is said to have some of the best road networks in Northern Nigeria. If you love Northern music, art and culture, you will love Sokoto more. Meat is cheaper at Sokoto Meat Market. Sokoto is an exciting place to live.

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by alonzoiv(m): 9:44am On Aug 28, 2015
True talk. Jesus!!!! Iam FTC again. I want to give this space out pls. Interested persons should indicate interest,please

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Sandydayz(f): 9:54am On Aug 28, 2015
Cities... Hmm

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 28, 2015
Sandydayz:
Cities... Hmm
You don't see them as cities?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Sandydayz(f): 10:01am On Aug 28, 2015
Freemanan:

You don't see them as cities?
I thought dey were called states

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 28, 2015
Sandydayz:

I thought dey were called states
Illorin is not a state... Onitsha is not, Ibadan is not... Sokoto and Enugu are cities inside the main state... They are all cities...

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Sandydayz(f): 10:14am On Aug 28, 2015
Freemanan:

Illorin is not a state... Onitsha is not, Ibadan is not... Sokoto and Enugu are cities inside the main state... They are all cities...
Hmmm... Aiit smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 28, 2015
Were Warri 4 that List ?
Freeman talk well o, shuo, y u 4get my city na

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by scholes0(m): 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
Excuse me, OP, But your picture of Ibadan, does not depict the change you talk about....
How can your picture of choice defy your assertions, yet you want people to believe it ? .....
Your picture of the other cities show other things such as infrastructural landmarks, the Ibadan one shows a plain old open air market, that can b found in any Nigerian city

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2015
So Calabar is more popular than Ph?

I love Enugu, so calm and has all the basic amenities... #042

Your pictures for Ibadan and Ilorin undecided

45 Likes

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2015
Goodboiyy:
Were Warri 4 that List ?

Freeman talk well o, shuo, y u 4get my city na
Warri is a City boss... This thread is for cities that most people don't consider as City due to some things... Everyone knows Warri is a City already...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
MarvellousGod:
So Calabar is more popular than Ph?

I love Enugu, so calm and has all the basic amenities... #042

Your pictures for Ibadan and Ilorin undecided
Calabar is a megaCity according to the NIGERIAN standard... It's popularity may be due to it being our maiden Capital City.

Enugu is Wonderful.... Optimal population.

Those pix grin You expect skyscraper?
Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2015
scholes0:
but your picture of Ibadan, does not depict the change you talk about....
How can your picture of choice defy your assertions, yet you want people to believe it ? .....
Your picture of the other cities show other things such as infrastructural landmarks, the Ibadan one shows a plain old open air market, that can b found in any Nigerian city
I guess I have to snap only the fine parts... Aye?
Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by scholes0(m): 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2015
Freemanan:

I guess I have to snap only the fine parts... Aye?

That's not what I said.
Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by bolaji3071(m): 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
Nawa for dis op o. Of all Ibadan pics na dat one u see upload.

12 Likes

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Viktor1983(m): 5:49pm On Aug 28, 2015
Spot on mr Freemanan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
Viktor1983:
Spot on mr Freemanan
Hope you live in one of those wonderful cities?
Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
bolaji3071:
Nawa for dis op o. Of all Ibadan pics na dat one u see upload.

If you send me good one, I might upload oh grin
Am just making it real... No hyping...
Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Viktor1983(m): 7:28pm On Aug 28, 2015
Freemanan:
Hope you live in one of those wonderful cities?
Not anymore, Lived in Enugu and Onitsha.... Still visit both places on the regular.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
scholes0:
but your picture of Ibadan, does not depict the change you talk about....

scholes do you have any recent beautiful pictures of ibadan? e don tey wey i go house
Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 28, 2015
IBADAN

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by scholes0(m): 10:48pm On Aug 28, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

scholes do you have any recent beautiful pictures of ibadan? e don tey wey i go house

i've got plenty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
scholes0:

i've got plenty.

Display abeg. i'll drop the ones i have too

Iyaganku is a really beautiful area. slightly beneath banana island i.m.o but unfortunately i don't have pictures. i wonder why these sides of ibadan are never shown. its like people love negativity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 28, 2015
IBADAN

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 28, 2015
IBADAN

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by fratermathy(m): 12:35am On Aug 29, 2015
aareonakakanfo: it has dooooooo! You don prove your point. Douuuuu! Ekpele. grin cheesy. Oya Sir Freemanan, see Ibadan ooo. The place is as beautiful as Liberia. You may smile now.

lalasticlala Please come and see how Ibadan has transformed into Nigeria's own Liberia

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 29, 2015
Love this topic, very informative smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Policeman fights bus conductor who insisted he pays his transport fare. / Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest / Kaduna Bride Drowns In Floodwater 5 Days To Her Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.