Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Pls Teach Me Hw To Create Ma Own Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls Teach Me Hw To Create Ma Own Website (1345 Views)

Pls Can Some One Tell Me Hw I Can Get Sort Code And By / Pls Teach Me Web Design And Development. / What's Your Own Website Address? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Teach Me Hw To Create Ma Own Website by Samfilo31(m): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2014
just want a website of ma own so pls wit ur idea and advice lead de way
Re: Pls Teach Me Hw To Create Ma Own Website by faggins(m): 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2014
Samfilo31: just want a website of ma own so pls wit ur idea and advice lead de way
creating a website is simple,there are many web design tutorials here on nairaland just search for them,and u are on the go...

1 Like

Re: Pls Teach Me Hw To Create Ma Own Website by MrAnonymous: 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
Basics: Learn HTML, CSS and Javascript. Then look up 'web host' and 'domain name' and understand what they are, and what they will do for your website.

I recommend you play around in wapka.mobi for a while, it'll help you build your HTML skill.

Then you can either learn a programming language OR you can simply install an open source software depending on your needs. You even still need HTML and CSS knowledge to be able to handle and cope with an open source script.

It may all sound fiddly, but that about the simplest I can do.
Good luck.
Re: Pls Teach Me Hw To Create Ma Own Website by Samfilo31(m): 10:01pm On Jul 05, 2014
Mr Anonymous: Basics: Learn HTML, CSS and Javascript. Then look up 'web host' and 'domain name' and understand what they are, and what they will do for your website.

I recommend you play around in wapka.mobi for a while, it'll help you build your HTML skill.

Then you can either learn a programming language OR you can simply install an open source software depending on your needs. You even still need HTML and CSS knowledge to be able to handle and cope with an open source script.

It may all sound fiddly, but that about the simplest I can do.
Good luck.
bro urs is interestin i really appreciate. am only a novice on wat i dnt knw
Re: Pls Teach Me Hw To Create Ma Own Website by faggins(m): 10:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
Samfilo31: just want a website of ma own so pls wit ur idea and advice lead de way
bro,u jes nid 2 learn html,css,javascript,php,and mysql,cus u cnt build widawt learning any of them.u can use wapka.mobi,is qud wit free subdomain nd host,u can use ur html skills 2 build sites on wapka nd on other platforms.u can learn html online @ w3schools.com,nd also learn wapka design @ www.junedcode.wapka.mobi. Inbox me if u nid help on wapka nd html tutorials....
Re: Pls Teach Me Hw To Create Ma Own Website by MrAnonymous: 11:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
Samfilo31: bro urs is interestin i really appreciate. am only a novice on wat i dnt knw
Just start from somewhere. There's really no specific place to start. All programmers / webmasters didn't start from one specific language, it all depends on what's convenient for you or the kind of website you're trying to build. But if you ask me for a recommendation, I'd say:

W3schools.com will come in handy, use it to learn HTML first. You also need somewhere to practice WHILE you're learning (and by practice I mean writing a full page with html from header to footer). It would not be wise to just learn from beginning to end with little or no practice. For example, a road side mechanic will fix a car faster than a student with a degree in mechanical engineering would, that's a fact grin you know why? because they have been doing it all their lives. Practice makes perfect. So get your self a wapsite from wapka.mobi to start with.

In any case, if you need help on anything specific while you're learning, I have a thread on my forum where I answer questions from people trying to build websites => http://jalingo.co/webmasters/building-a-website-i-can-help/

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Pls Teach Me Hw To Create Ma Own Website by cool0: 8:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
creating website is not that much difficult.I suggest you visit this site http://www.tucktail.com/hosting/website-builder2.aspx?ci=84176&prog_id=447401&pl_id=447401 purchase your website builder here In this way it is possible to get your hosting for free. With the help of template gallery you can able to design many themes as per your wish .. you can either use the templates in the site builder, or one of the scripts such as wordpress or joomla, .After checking all , I have been using this as my website builder for over two years now and have been very very impressed with them.It is cheap, but it is really professional.,you can go with them on a monthly basis .Their plan includes free email address for your website ,daily backup,free setup and software and so on.If you want to appear professional, then any cheap, reliable webdesign is the way to go. You can find excellent design for an extremely cheap price.
I hope that helps!

(1) (Reply)

Smart Web Hosting And Web Development / Learn How To Add Facebook Friends To Your Close List / Come Here If You're Struggling To Get Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.