Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 - Sports (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 (79860 Views)

Nigeria Vs Mexico: FIFA U-17 Semi Final 4 - 2 Full Time! / Germany Vs Argentina: World Cup Final (1 - 0) On 13th July 2014 / Brazil Vs Germany: World Cup 2014 Semi-final (1 - 7) On 8th July 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 10, 2014
Cecediva: FOR NOW THEY ARE IN THE SAME LEAGUE UNTILL MOURINHO WINS A TROPHY AGAIN cheesy
Lol. They both won trophies last season tongue
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by tonididdy(m): 1:11am On Jul 10, 2014
rozayx5:

[size=20pt]many Messi haters will not sleep tonight, and i a Messi fan/ barca fan will entertain them with anti excuse champagne grin grin [/size]
they are mamagee and hyprocritic manutd fans who'll not let ronaldo progress even tho d jerrycurl Stylist has totally forgotten them.

3 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by tonididdy(m): 1:11am On Jul 10, 2014
sublimes: Once Messi lifts this world cup, let us leave sentiments apart and celebrate this genius of a footballer! Simply the greatest of them all!
gbam THREAD CLOSEd[size=88pt]musa...oyaa lock gate give me key

2 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 10, 2014
ThiefOfHearts:
lol you're funny. Brazilians arent gonna cheer on Argentinians. although to be honest Argentinians are pretty much Germans themselves. plenty of nazis ran to hide in Argentina after WWII. Their offspring are what you see today. Do they look like south americans to you? in a sea of people from all south american countries, you can always tell the Argentinians

no matter who wins, said person will have german blood either way tongue

Lmao...South America is united, this is total war. tongue It's back to how they all supported Argentina during the Falklands War, and still support Argentina over Falklands.

Only a few nazi's went to Argentina...there are more Germans even in Brazil than Argentina. And how about America, a country of mostly Germanic people? Argentines are mostly of Catalans, Basques, Berbers(Moors), Mozarabs, and Spanish Jews ancestry - with a mix of native folks and African slaves. They might have a few German mix, but it's tiny, since the Nazi's went there just 80 years ago.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 10, 2014
u guys should calm down and lets ask cortana

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by MisterLongman(m): 1:15am On Jul 10, 2014
kolamilan: have you forgotten 2010 WC quarter final?
And so?...... It was Maradonas blunder in 2010...... This time they have a better coach in Sabella

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 1:17am On Jul 10, 2014
Thiefofhearts,

I forgot. They also have a very high mix of Italian blood.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by makkitush: 1:19am On Jul 10, 2014
Cecediva: LOL...I CAN'T BE cheesy tongue cheesy
u should be becos holland or rather manu:-Dlost.:-P
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 10, 2014
Nomski0:

Seriously, whatever.

It's not like Messi was so exceptional tonight. Plus he had a strong team, Ronaldo had to suit up with babies from the portuguese league. tongue

why dont we ask cortana and stop the arguments
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by makkitush: 1:20am On Jul 10, 2014
runzlord: u guys should calm down and lets ask cortana
okay.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Cecediva(f): 1:21am On Jul 10, 2014
CFCfan:
Lol. They both won trophies last season tongue
MOYES WON A TROPHY
WENGER WON A TROPHY
PELLEGRINI WON A TROPHY....ONLY MOURINHO WENT TROPHYLESS cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by makkitush: 1:23am On Jul 10, 2014
Cecediva: MOYES WON A TROPHY
WENGER WON A TROPHY
PELLEGRINI WON A TROPHY....ONLY MOURINHO WENT TROPHYLESS cheesy grin
RODGERS.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Oahray: 1:23am On Jul 10, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: Valdez has one World Cup medals and I think Three Champions league medal.

The World Cup is number one.

Many argue that the World Cup of the past were fiercer and tougher. The tackles were harsh. Imagine The Teeth-removing collision between the German Goal Keeper Schumacher and French Battison. If Messi was in that era, his leg would have been broken plate.
fierce collision isn't what makes football tough. There's rugby for that. The times Pele ran around with pant shorts were tough? Spare me! They lacked the technicality and finesse of the modern era. FIFA rules have made it more difficult to score goals and win matches now than in the past.

It only seems tough because our mind have a tendency of blowing up the positives of the past and forgetting the negatives. Even the man who could barely feed always has a 'good old days' to remember.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Cecediva(f): 1:25am On Jul 10, 2014
makkitush: u should be becos holland or rather manu:-Dlost.:-P
LOL...U ARE ON A LONGTIN. cheesy grin
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Cecediva(f): 1:28am On Jul 10, 2014
makkitush: RODGERS.
LOL...YOU ARE COMPARING MOURINHO WITH RODGERS NOW cheesy
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by MisterLongman(m): 1:44am On Jul 10, 2014
One thing. I realised here is that most of the peeps hating on messi are females and they are likely to be man utd fans........ One of them even claimed he has never scored against germany or german opposition, when actually scored in a freindly against germany recently and in the 4-0 win over Bayern munich and 7-1 demolition of Bayer leverkusen. It shows how much they know about Messi football history........ My advice to y'all, Why don't you keep calm and wait till Sunday before you start whining and ranting...

2 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 1:45am On Jul 10, 2014
Cecediva: LOL...YOU ARE COMPARING MOURINHO WITH RODGERS NOW cheesy
Who made dat comparison? undecided
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Switpal(m): 1:45am On Jul 10, 2014
mamagee3:
Nope, Ronaldo won the ballon d'or in January so he is truly the world best. He was voted by football experts. Messi was voted second best wink

Try again in 5 yrs when they vote for Messi when he deserves for it for now it's king ronaldo.
I tried 2 help u sleep but u prefer to worry abt Messi's sucess n destiny.... U'll get hrt attack oh... Allow messi be oh.

3 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by mamagee3(f): 1:47am On Jul 10, 2014
rozayx5:

you should have blatter to thank for his begging do or grin grin

hmm no Ronaldo article on goal.com for weeks now shocked shocked shocked

as for world best am sorry messi will win till he is 30 and handover to Neymar cool
That was what you guys said last year, you all said Messi will keep winning it till he retires but he didn't win it and is not likely to win it this year. grin

Ronaldo's Champions League win basically sealed it now Messi has to singlehandedly win the World Cup for Argentina against an excellent Germany and have an excellent second half of the year to take it from Ronaldo. If messi doesn't win the World Cup, he still remains trophy less and mind you ronaldo was the main reason Real Madrid won the Champions League with his 17 goals

Also voters tend to vote for the best player in the Champions League winning team not some player that had 3 good matches in the World Cup. And Ronaldo puts out scored Messi by a large margin this year. It wasn't by 2 or 3 goals this year but by 9 or 10 goals.For now ronaldo is the sole leader.

Plus history always remember the winners ofthe world cup not the best player or players of the tournament.

And by the way, they have been two Ronaldo articles this week about people stating Ronaldo still remains the world best after being injured in the world cup.

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by makkitush: 1:47am On Jul 10, 2014
Cecediva: LOL...YOU ARE COMPARING MOURINHO WITH RODGERS NOW cheesy
u said those that were trophyless nd i said rodgers not only mourinho.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by makkitush: 1:48am On Jul 10, 2014
Cecediva: LOL...U ARE ON A LONGTIN. cheesy grin
what do u mean cece.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by mamagee3(f): 1:51am On Jul 10, 2014
Switpal: I tried 2 help u sleep but u prefer to worry abt Messi's sucess n destiny.... U'll get hrt attack oh... Allow messi be oh.
You should be the one going to sleep after seeing Netherlands almost sending you all packing.grin

You're the one that almost got sent to the Intensive Care Unit until after that lucky penalty shoot out so go and rest and get your Kleenex even closer on Sunday because Germany will have no mercy on you guys after you all would have had 4 days to run your mouth like Brazil did and got their butt handed to them. grin
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Simplyunique: 2:00am On Jul 10, 2014
Guys, download the match highlights in High Quality HD below.

Download here: Argentina 0-0 Netherlands (Pen 4-2) Highlights [World Cup 2014]
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Oahray: 2:01am On Jul 10, 2014
mamagee3:
You should be the one going to sleep after seeing Netherlands almost sending you all packing.grin

You're the one that almost got sent to the Intensive Care Unit until after that lucky penalty shoot out so go and rest and get your Kleenex even closer on Sunday because Germany will have no mercy on you guys after you all would have had 4 days to run your mouth like Brazil did and got their butt handed to them. grin
awww... Someone's butt-hurt grin

Argentina just keeps disappointing haters.

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by BekeeBuAgbara: 2:10am On Jul 10, 2014
Argentina will win
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by coded01: 2:19am On Jul 10, 2014
[size=18pt]MY MAN OF THE MATCH AWARD GOES TO MASCHERANO... cool

HE WAS DAM GOOD... cheesy cheesy cheesy[/size]

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Missy89(f): 2:30am On Jul 10, 2014
shymexx:

Darn!! grin

It's a lipsing thing then. tongue

Your word is ya bond, ya dig? cool

by the way did you know that Germany could easily win by double digits? they only slowed the game down in the second half because they wanted to be magnanimous and professional
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Allohrandy(m): 2:41am On Jul 10, 2014
BekeeBuAgbara: During the match the Brazilian fans were supporting Holland, now they are in dilemma either to support their arch rival Argentina in the final or Germany that inflicted them their worst defeat ever in World cup competition.
I think most fans in Brazil would naturally support Argentina. It just like Nigerians supporting our arch rival Ghana during the world cup. Also most Brazilians will not support a team that beat them 7-1

2 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 2:47am On Jul 10, 2014
nonjebose: I wanted them to win. But they were surely very cautious for most part of the match. They were overwhelmed by the occasion. Limited direct play. By extra time,I was already exasperated,and the feelings that ARG would win. The final straw was when I realised that they have used up their substitution,so no Krul for PK. Arg deserves to win
i wish krul was there 4 pk.they might have wonembarassed
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by coded01: 2:50am On Jul 10, 2014
Allohrandy: I think most fans in Brazil would naturally support Argentina. It just like Nigerians supporting our arch rival Ghana during the world cup. Also most Brazilians will not support a team that beat them 7-1

Agreed... cool
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 3:38am On Jul 10, 2014
I'm impressed, Argentina! I guess sports predictions are not my forte embarassed

Penalties tho.
Re: Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 by Nobody: 4:39am On Jul 10, 2014
glitest:

I hope so. cry

Longest, Boring, Saddest Night ever!
cry . WE Lost woooo.. cry

#Runs out mad screaming!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (Reply)

Meet Tolulope Omogbehin Aka Omos, 7"3 Ft Tall Nigerian WWE Superstar / "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" / Jay-Jay Okocha's Daughter, Daniella Graduates From The University (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.