Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Nollywood Damsels And Scandals That Drove Them Mad - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Damsels And Scandals That Drove Them Mad (1573 Views)

12 Scandals That Shook Nollywood To The Core / Tale Of 3 Nollywood Damsels Who Dumped Their Boyfriends For The Industry / 8 Sex Scandals That Rocked The Nigerian Entertainment Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Damsels And Scandals That Drove Them Mad by Eldavido1: 5:50am On Jul 06, 2014
They say, a golden fish has no hiding place. This is a mantra most celebrities have found out the very hard way. At one time or the other, most celebrities, especially those in the make-believe world, have had to grapple with one scandal or the other.
While not all scandals about them are true, some scandals are actually courted inadvertently or deliberately by the stars for reasons best known to them.
But do scandals, make or mar, stars?
This is a question that would continue to attract diverse answers but the reality on ground is that different scandals affect different stars differently. Just as different stars would react differently to different scandals.
Here, are some scandals some Nollywood stars found either distasteful, unbelievable, or false.

FASTING FOR A MAN? I FELT LIKE GOING CRAZY
—EBUBE NWAGBO
Even though Ebube Nwagbo has told people times without number that she is just the girl next door, people have not ceased to see her as a trouble-maker, controversial and anything but the girl next door. She is probably the most scandalised Nollywood actress, but that doesn’t seem to have taken anything off the ‘Smile Again’ producer, who is rising in the trade day after day.
Beautiful, sexy and curvaceous, Ebube has seen it all as far as scandals are concerned. The most recent is the story that she moved in with her old flame, the Limpopo crooner, Kcee. She was also said to have gotten in a fight with another actress, Anita Joseph,whom she claimed she had never met as at then. But the one that hit the base with her was the story that she went to church, praying and fasting for a man to marry.
“Sometimes when I hear and read things about me, I feel like going crazy. But I have learnt to always put on a smile and take them with a pinch of salt. It is not easy for people to appreciate you and admire what you do. Take for instance, the story of how I went to church to pray and fast because of a man. I was born into a very strict Christian home, those who know me can attest to this. So I was brought up to go to church and do the things of God. I went to church on a Sunday, like every other person, and offered to do something for God. But some people blew it up into a silly story. It is a thing of the past now and it has not stopped me from helping or giving to the church or to the needy” she said, concerning the scandal.

Re: Nollywood Damsels And Scandals That Drove Them Mad by Eldavido1: 6:00am On Jul 06, 2014
DATING THE SENATE PRESIDENT:
I don’t know David Mark personally
—CHIKA IKE
Long before now, it was as if Chika Ike were immuned to controversies and scandals because of her status as a married woman. No sooner had her marriage gone up in flames than messy stories began to emerge about her.
She got married early at the age of 20 and had a long spell of scandal-free life until she dumped her husband and started seeing the other side of life. The first nasty story that crept up to haunt her was her dating the Senate President, David Mark. The story alleged the Senate President even bought her a car and got an Abuja shop for her.
“I made this particular issue clear in several interviews. I don’t know David Mark personally. I only know him as the Senate President. David Mark did not buy me a car, neither did he help me with my shop in Abuja. All I’m thinking about right now is my divorce as I am officially separated”, Chika Ike said at the time.
But she is beginning to learn that marriage has certain privileges as more and more nasty stories are coming her way. But Chika seems to be well oiled to ride this new development in her life. “Honestly, I have learnt to cope with them. I have developed a rhino skin. Initially, they used to get to me but now I’ve realized it comes with the job and part of growing up”, she said.
Abortion saga:I still curse the person till tomorrow

Re: Nollywood Damsels And Scandals That Drove Them Mad by Eldavido1: 6:07am On Jul 06, 2014
ABORTION SAGA: I still curse the person till tomorrow

—UCHE JOMBO
A-list Nollywood star, Uche Jombo isn’t exactly known for controversies or blowing her top over issues. It seems the beautiful, prolific movie maker is too busy making movies, her 14th now, to be concerned with wallowing in little waters of gossips and rumours.
But recently, a scandal emerged out of nowhere that she aborted a six-month-old pregnancy and it got the ‘Damaged’ superstar so infuriated, she said she could have had the head of the reporter, who, according to her, fabricated the story. “You know how emotional I am. I have cried for smaller things but this one, I still curse the person, till tomorrow. It will only take God for me to see the person and not harm him”
“For me, that was my biggest scandal ever. It was really damaging and I won’t stop fighting till I get justice”, said the soon-to-be mother.
She continued: “Well, I went to court with the soft-sell magazine, for writing what I have come to consider the worst media story in my entire life and career, which was completely false and malicious. During the world premiere of my second movie, Holding Hope, I lost so much weight deliberately based on my character, in the movie, as a cancer patient only for this paper to write on their front page that I aborted a pregnancy at six months, hence the loss of weight,” she recollects with tears in her eyes.

Re: Nollywood Damsels And Scandals That Drove Them Mad by Eldavido1: 6:19am On Jul 06, 2014
COMPROMISING VIDEO SAGA: I was alarmed at the speed the story spread
— LYDIA FORSON
Buxom Ghanaian actress, writer and producer, Lydia Forson, who was the first Ghanaian winner of the prestigious African Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role in 2010 has kept her name off any form of controversy for a while. But she still has a painful recollection of one that nearly tore her world apart.
“It was a sex scandal, I have never spoken about it on any platform. It happened years ago. It revolved around a non- existent sex tape, which never was. The first time, I read about the story I actually laughed because it was a very funny story. But it was no longer funny when it got to the hearing of my family. My father, a reverend, suffered, his faith and health was shaken to the roots. I was alarmed at the speed the story spread and it got to a point where some of my fans and most Ghanaians vowed to throw stones at me” she recounted.
“Some days I read some stuffs about myself in the newspapers, and I feel like crying. Sometimes, I would ask myself what I could do to avert such negative publicity. I can’t attack everybody that writes negative stories about me. I think, it’s part of the occupational hazards on the job” she observed.

Re: Nollywood Damsels And Scandals That Drove Them Mad by Eldavido1: 6:27am On Jul 06, 2014
BOSOM ENHANCEMENT STORY: I have always been myself-
YONNE JEGEDE
Ebony beauty and sexy Yvonne Jegede, who rode to fame after her cameo appearance in Tuface Idibia’s African Queen, is a woman blessed with mammary many women would do anything to have. After her long absence from the entertainment world occasioned by a need to get a degree in Cyprus, the sexy-lip actress decided to announce her return by posting some luscious photos of herself on the Internet.
Instead of her desired reaction of great welcome, what she got in return was a response that soon developed into a scandal. Pronto, the story was everywhere that she had done a breast enlargement surgery.
But Yvonne fired back: “My features have always been the same from time immemorial. The thing is a lot of people have always seen me as that naïve, vulnerable girl who likes to cry a lot because those are the kind of roles I used to get before I left. The roles I got were roles I have to be a nice girl in the village, a girl who is begging to be loved, a girl who has made a mistake and who desperately wants to repent, a girl who people will feel sorry for, a girl who is from a poor home. So, I have my own personal life. What you see on TV has absolutely nothing to do with me. I will not cry for a man and grovel and be on the floor in tears”
She said she has always been herself and never did any breast surgery. “I’m very surprised people judge me by my pictures. It was my birthday so I just went to the studio, trying to feel nice and I took pictures and that is all me, no surgery or implant” she added

Re: Nollywood Damsels And Scandals That Drove Them Mad by Eldavido1: 6:37am On Jul 06, 2014
POSING NUDE SCANDAL: It was shocking to my parents —
HALIMA ABUBAKAR
Nollywood actress, Halima Abubakar, is not one to take things lying down. She is one actress that airs her opinions at every opportunity without minding whose ox is gored. Hate her or love her, Halima is down-to-earth and she is probably one of the nicest persons in the Nigerian showbiz. Little wonder, the curvy actress has had some controversies trailing her career but she would tell you the most annoying one to her is the one where she was alleged to have posed nude during her modelling days.
“I reiterated that I didn’t pose nude. I was modelling and to some people, the pictures were a little bit revealing and so they made a huge celebration out of it. I am glad everything has died down and people have moved on” she said in her own defence at the height of the brouhaha.
She said the scandal nearly destroyed her career and shattered her family. “ A lot of producers didn’t want to work with me. They used to see me as a very decent quiet girl. To see those pictures, it was very shocking to them. It took me some years to convince them that I can act very well. I have built relationships again. It was simply shocking to my parents. My dad still does not like reading about me in the papers. My mum knows I love what I do so she advises me most times. Anyway, they are okay now unlike when they read those things years ago” she added.

Re: Nollywood Damsels And Scandals That Drove Them Mad by Djicemob: 6:39am On Jul 06, 2014
There are facts to some rumors u know.They never just start from thing air,besides these celebs always lead fake lives,How do we know lies and the facts been published about them.
Re: Nollywood Damsels And Scandals That Drove Them Mad by Eldavido1: 6:54am On Jul 06, 2014
Re: Nollywood Damsels And Scandals That Drove Them Mad by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 06, 2014
That's one of the price of fame. Most of these soft sell magazine raise fabricated story to sell,most times I take what I read in them with a pinch of salt. By the way,I love that Yvonne Jegede's picture..its tantalising..*lick lips*.
Re: Nollywood Damsels And Scandals That Drove Them Mad by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress "Stella Damascus" Stuns In New Photos / My Complain To The Admin Mr Seun / No More Fight!monalisa Chinda And Rita Dominic Rocks Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.