Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Who Will Make Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Will Make Heaven? (974 Views)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Make Heaven? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 06, 2014
Sometime I wonder who will make heaven or paradise. Is it the deeper life Christian who believes that watching tv and using any kind of attachment (hair, earrings etc) is ungodly? or the Living Faith Christian who uses all of the aforementioned; or the Jehovah witness Christian who believe that singing the National anthem is idolatry and that there is no heaven in the firmament but the earth will become paradise for saints; or the celestial Christian who still offers sacrifices and burnt offerings for sins, burn incense and candles and wear garments without footwear; or the Cherubim and Seraphim Christian who use footwear on garment but cannot wear them into the worship house/auditorium and call their pastors kings (of zion); or the Catholic Christian who believes that there is nothing wrong in drinking alcohol as what is wrong is getting drunk so if u can drink without getting drunk, you are heaven bound; or the MFM Christian who kill enemies by fire everyday (I don't knw if these enemies don't die or there are new enemies everyday); or the Apostolic Christian that is very conservative or the "new generation church" Christians who are very ostentatious, loud and sometimes scandalous. The unifying factor in all of these churches is that they all pray to "one God" in Jesus name, they collect tithes and offerings too but if the real purpose of the Christian race to make heaven, which of these Christians will make heaven?
Even the Muslims, it is not enough that they believe in God (Allah) because the bible says "...Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God (heaven). John 3:3.
You are not born again until you accept Jesus Christ as your "personal" Lord and Saviour. The Muslims don't believe in Jesus, will they make Paradise?
The irreconcilable differences between different religion and the multiplicity of beliefs in almost every religion especially the two worlds most popular religion to wit; Islam and Christianity even makes one wonder if there is a God and Heaven? If actually there is, which of these multifarious beliefs (in God) will make heaven?

Let me end this piece with a funny conversation between two friends, Allan and Denny;

Allan: Denny, do you believe in God?
Denny: yes
Allan: why?
Denny: because if you don't, and there is actually no God, you lose nothing but if u don't and there is actually a God, you are screwed.

NB: the OP is a Christian and believes in God.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by Tallesty1(m): 7:59am On Jul 06, 2014
Heaven candidates will make heaven and you don't know them by their church.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by criuze(m): 8:04am On Jul 06, 2014
Without rightousness no man shall see God

1 Like

Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by Provie(m): 8:23am On Jul 06, 2014
Churches? Places of worship? Doctrines?

The time is coming, yea and NOW is, when the worshippers of God shall worship in spirit and in truth.

Jesus himself said dis, and in direct response to the scramble for PLACES of worship.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:50am On Jul 06, 2014
criuze: Without rightousness no man shall see God
I think doctrines are not yardstick for heaven but our individual character, behaviour towards God.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by Firefire(m): 9:40am On Jul 06, 2014
"Who may ascend into the hill of the LORD? And who may stand in His holy place?

"He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to falsehood And has not sworn deceitfully". Psalm 24:4

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by urheme: 10:13am On Jul 06, 2014
Rev 7:4 the 144,000 of isreal that were sealed.
Verse 9: a great multitude from every nation, a number of people which no man can count will go to heaven.

Happy sunday
Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by urheme: 10:15am On Jul 06, 2014
Okiki_Oluwa:
I think doctrines are not yardstick for heaven but our individual character, behaviour towards God.

I agree with you 100%

1 Like

Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by criuze(m): 1:28pm On Jul 06, 2014
Okiki_Oluwa:
Rightousness is only a divine attainment, its an individual upliftment toward the things of God. When you find the truth, truth shall set you free. It is extradoctrinal .
Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
Tallesty1: Heaven candidates will make heaven and you don't know them by their church.
How do you Know them?
Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by Tallesty1(m): 2:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
torhuke:
How do you Know them?
By their fruits.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
criuze: Rightousness is only a divine attainment, its an individual upliftment toward the things of God. When you find the truth, truth shall set you free. It is extradoctrinal .
Wht is the yardstick 4 measuring righteousness?Is it by being conservative like the apostolic's and Muslims; Being ostentatious like the Oritsejafor's and New Generation churches like COZA, Dayspring or practicing the old testament like the Cherubim/Seraphim or the Celestial?
Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
Okiki_Oluwa:

But peoples Character and behavior towards God are different and vary according to their beliefs and the doctrines of the church shape the character of its members.
Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
Provie: Churches? Places of worship? Doctrines?

The time is coming, yea and NOW is, when the worshippers of God shall worship in spirit and in truth.

Jesus himself said dis, and in direct response to the scramble for PLACES of worship.
Which of all the numerous Christian denominations and places Of worship meets the standard of "worship in truth and spirit"?
Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by IamJewel: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
Excuse me. Generally, You don't have to pick points out for persecution. I am Happy Christians are here and there. But, Hypocrisy and blasphemy isn't gon' help you potray the "witticism" you believe you're stating down. God knows who's serving him, Don't drop anything 'bout: People, Parties - Religion(In Particular) anyhow without ruminating! Every one has each doctrines. David can't be abraham for crying out loud. No critism, please.
Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by Provie(m): 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
torhuke:
Which of all the numerous Christian denominations and places Of worship meets the standard of "worship in truth and spirit"?

It has absolutely nothing to do with place of worship; it is about ur personal relationship with God.

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by ebenice(m): 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
Read psalm 15 it helps your question
Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by criuze(m): 5:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
torhuke:
Wht is the yardstick 4 measuring righteousness?Is it by being conservative like the apostolic's and Muslims; Being ostentatious like the Oritsejafor's and New Generation churches like COZA, Dayspring or practicing the old testament like the Cherubim/Seraphim or the Celestial?
No need catching up with the above list you'v mentioned, they involved one doctrine or the other. TRUTH is the only yardstick- you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. The truth is the salvation of the son of God. You only have to confess & subscribe to it

1 Like

Re: Who Will Make Heaven? by criuze(m): 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
Okiki_Oluwa:
Doctrine is only a set codifies dogmas, it an enforce design of a particular system of belief. I not a student of doctrines, most times they misled

(1) (Reply)

Funny Bible Verses / Muslims Bad Behavior Toward Others Causing Us Our Woes — Sheikh Khalid Yasin / Where Were You 500 Years Ago ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.