Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,922 members, 7,952,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:02 PM

My Photo Diary - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Photo Diary (23810 Views)

My Photo Diary: Mobile And DSLR Photography. Updated* / My Photo Manipulation(s)!!! / Photo Diary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Photo Diary by kobonaire(m): 1:53am On Jul 11, 2014
Iceskidd: This is lame, now how da fück did this sh¡t hit front page? Oh well i guess Nairaland is fücked up as hell angry
person don vex oh ..... person go abuse NL yet go login into NL everyday ..... hmmmmmm
Re: My Photo Diary by 50calibre(m): 2:09am On Jul 11, 2014
UrbanMystique: there are far too much slums In America. In Queens, Baltimore, Detroit, etc but they don't snap the picture and upload on the in the Internet like we love to do here.
America has more gettos than any country in Africa #fact

And where did you pull this fact from? did you just make up something this stup*d?

Nigeria as a whole is made up of more slums than developed areas and stop deceiving yourself by thinking the slums in america are like the ones in Nigeria because they are not.

A first world slum is way different from a third world slum, the slums in Nigeria are sewage, chemical waste, refuse, disease filled slums that cant be compared to any in the 1st world. A good place to compare with should be somewhere like Port Au Prince, Haiti.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary by 50calibre(m): 2:16am On Jul 11, 2014
dont8: Don't get me wrong, I know our country is bad bla bla bla; even here in Ikeja, there is a ghetto at the centre of Alausa and we all see the the ghettos around us everyday.

But once in a while we should portray the beautiful side of our country, it doesn't have to be all about negative aspect everytime. I know there is a trend and culture of Nairaland that you can counter a thread by opening another. So I expect another thread to be opened to counter this one, it can be called 'My Photo Diary: Other Side Of Lagos' and you back it up with pictures from the slums.

I've seen lots of pictures depicting Lagos as a ghetto anyway (especially the documentary BBC did), I'm tired of seeing that!

You're talking nonsense, absolute nonsense!! so you're tired of being reminded of reality right, you're tired of being reminded of your squalor so instead of speaking out, you chose to entertain yourself with pictures of places that are beyond your reach or the reach of the average man on the streets of Lagos. Isnt this delusion of the highest order?

you will be constantly reminded of your penury because thats the reality on ground. more than 60% of lagosians are dirt poor. i agree fashola has done a lot to improve lives, but more needs to be done.
Re: My Photo Diary by 50calibre(m): 2:21am On Jul 11, 2014
- Fact by CNN

- Honorable captain her impoverished dogs

- A mother's undying love even in suffering

- Street trading

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary by kobonaire(m): 4:43am On Jul 11, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Yeaa i love pictures a lot. Esp. pics with friends/family...my hubby tends to get impatient weneva i wanna take ma shots, but I always tell him in ma most subtle voice that pictures are evidence we lived. I take a pic of us every week since we got married, sumday (when i have gathered enough perfect shots) am gonna create a diary/slide with it.
wow, your hubby get diamond oh!!

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary by Ashkormissy(f): 5:18am On Jul 11, 2014
This is supposed to b a PHOTO diary for crying out loud! I'm seeing less fotos nd more talk.....
Re: My Photo Diary by Kiingsolomon(f): 6:16am On Jul 11, 2014
Yes! Have seen those photos, Thorerah... At least I hav got a lot of beautiful wallpapers for ma PC nd phone.

#thnx kiss
Re: My Photo Diary by armyofone(m): 6:19am On Jul 11, 2014
it is o, the only place to eat your ever melting in the mouth krispy kreme donuts grin

cococandy: is this the only ghetto in America?
All the people I see trying to discredit America use this same picture.
Says a lot huh?

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary by armyofone(m): 6:21am On Jul 11, 2014
Amen o Cc, ezigbo epere we go dey pour down like rain cheesy.
Put am for Novena too
cococandy: I've seen that picture plenty times.
It means that ghettos must be so hard to find if that's all the disparagers can find to discredit america with.

Meanwhile it looks almost like the cities of nigeria. tongue

Heaven on earth? You bet.
I pray I get the chance to leave this country soooon. Sooner than soon sef.

by the way, 50calibre, thank you. Your pictures are real life.
Sighs smh cry cry
Re: My Photo Diary by UrbanMystique: 7:34am On Jul 11, 2014
50calibre:

And where did you pull this fact from? did you just make up something this stup*d?

Nigeria as a whole is made up of more slums than developed areas and stop deceiving yourself by thinking the slums in america are like the ones in Nigeria because they are not.

A first world slum is way different from a third world slum, the slums in Nigeria are sewage, chemical waste, refuse, disease filled slums that cant be compared to any in the 1st world. A good place to compare with should be somewhere like Port Au Prince, Haiti.
I thought they said you r from America? Even the native Americans wouldn't defend that fact I presented let alone you that Bundled yourself in a second hand slavery (not that you are have been there before self) . I see you are one of those dunces that watch America on TV and think America is a giant paradise abi? America ghettos are far worse than Nigerian slums with people living in tattered trailers and houses that have been petted with bullet and not fit rats. hobos roaming the street with alcohols. Goto to West Baltimore and see the real slum dwellers. You see a real fhucked up skanks with many children living in hell with nothing government could do. You think the whole America is about Los Angeles counties and new York? Even the beautiful new York has Queens. A well known ghetto... The fact that a state in USA can be bigger than entire Nigeria in USA should tell it's impossible for Nigeria or any African country to have more gettos than America...
Next time local boy, defend what you know and stop embarrassing yourself trying to be what you are not. Sheeez

By the way, slum Is slum only settings is different due to land mass.

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary by cococandy(f): 7:50am On Jul 11, 2014
armyofone: it is o, the only place to eat your ever melting in the mouth krispy kreme donuts grin

grin grin
Re: My Photo Diary by Epicgenii(m): 7:53am On Jul 11, 2014
Nyc post
Re: My Photo Diary by cococandy(f): 7:54am On Jul 11, 2014
Yes o. Bring your rosary come too. Make I carry my anointing oil. This prayer must come to pass soon smiley
armyofone: Amen o Cc, ezigbo epere we go dey pour down like rain cheesy.
Put am for Novena too

Sighs smh cry cry
Re: My Photo Diary by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 11, 2014
50calibre:

Shut up!! Lagos is a land for all, I have more assets in lagos than your family combined so fu*k off not everybody cares about your tribal war.
You just uploaded d pics of where u live in Lag,is that the property u are talking about?... Better go find somtin meaningful to do that to be hating on Lagos and shouting ''we own Lagos around''. Mumu.

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary by Thorerah(f): 9:40am On Jul 11, 2014
And he said "follow the light in your heart". I did smiley
Silhouette photos by Trance Pictures.
50calibre and co this thread isn't for you, if you can't appreciate the art,look the other way.

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary by 50calibre(m): 9:49am On Jul 11, 2014
rahazaqa: You just uploaded d pics of where u live in Lag,is that the property u are talking about?... Better go find somtin meaningful to do that to be hating on Lagos and shouting ''we own Lagos around''. Mumu.

Which pic?? Fo*l hahahaha

Maybe your hunger is causing you to hallucinate. Don't worry if you need a job in lagos, let me know I've for contacts that can hook you up.
Re: My Photo Diary by 50calibre(m): 9:52am On Jul 11, 2014
Thorerah: And he said "follow the light in your heart". I did smiley
50calibre and co this thread isn't for you, if you can't appreciate the art,look the other way.

Im sorry for disturbing pretty girl, the hard truth has to be told sometimes.

I appreciate the art, I'm just telling the other side of the story, it deserves a mention.
Re: My Photo Diary by 50calibre(m): 9:54am On Jul 11, 2014
armyofone:

Sighs smh cry cry

Thanks dear!!
Re: My Photo Diary by 50calibre(m): 10:02am On Jul 11, 2014
UrbanMystique: I thought they said you r from America? Even the native Americans wouldn't defend that fact I presented let alone you that Bundled yourself in a second hand slavery (not that you are have been there before self) . I see you are one of those dunces that watch America on TV and think America is a giant paradise abi? America ghettos are far worse than Nigerian slums with people living in tattered trailers and houses that have been petted with bullet and not fit rats. hobos roaming the street with alcohols. Goto to West Baltimore and see the real slum dwellers. You see a real fhucked up skanks with many children living in hell with nothing government could do. You think the whole America is about Los Angeles counties and new York? Even the beautiful new York has Queens. A well known ghetto... The fact that a state in USA can be bigger than entire Nigeria in USA should tell it's impossible for Nigeria or any African country to have more gettos than America...
Next time local boy, defend what you know and stop embarrassing yourself trying to be what you are not. Sheeez

By the way, slum Is slum only settings is different dye to land mass.

Hahahahahahaha LMAO!! You're so dumb man! You're a clear example of what they call confidence in stup*idity. You know there have been studies to show that kids who grew up in the slums (especially ones ravaged by diseases) usually suffer from physical & mental retardation, that explains your apparent lack of basic comprehension.

It seems to me this nonsense you're spouting here is an accurate description of yourself, because your lack of exposure is glaring, only a fo*l or a troglodyte will make the comparisons you've made. Look man I'm not going to repeat myself, or break your head open so you can understand, but get something clear; we are not of the same breed, if we were cars, you'd be a 70s VW beetles, while I'd be a Ferrari, we are not of the same social status brother, this platform has given you an enormous privilege to rub shoulders with people like me, because in the real world the only interaction I can have with a low life like you, is when you wave as I drive by, or when you're working for me.

That aside, I've been to America more times that you can dream of, & I'm going again next year for my nephew's 10th so you're way off on that but here's a good challenge for you, I honestly think you haven't left the shores of Nigeria in your miserable life & whatever nonsense you spout here are direct extracts from things like movies & the Internet.

Prove me wrong, you talk of America like it's your backyard, show us a pic or two of you in the land of the free, and in return id show mine.

But if you can't, you need to shut up and stop making a big fool of yourself comparing a 1st world slum to a 3rd world slum.
Re: My Photo Diary by Tunguy01(m): 10:53am On Jul 11, 2014
Itx a pity I only av myslf nd palm trees or stream 2 snap in my village .., I must reach Lagos
Re: My Photo Diary by cococandy(f): 10:56am On Jul 11, 2014
Keep them coming. Beautiful pictures
Thorerah: And he said "follow the light in your heart". I did smiley

1 Like

Re: My Photo Diary by 50calibre(m): 11:03am On Jul 11, 2014
- Typical American slum

- Naija slum aka a real third world slum.

Huge difference!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary by cococandy(f): 11:11am On Jul 11, 2014
Lol. I remember when I used to quarrel with 50calibre from thread to thread.
Uwa nke sef grin
Re: My Photo Diary by ChildofChukwu(m): 11:35am On Jul 11, 2014
Sunrise in Okota area of Lagos...

Re: My Photo Diary by Orikinla(m): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2014
The photographer makes ordinary things look extraordinary.
They will make good postcards of Lagos city.
Re: My Photo Diary by UrbanMystique: 11:58am On Jul 11, 2014
50calibre:

Hahahahahahaha LMAO!! You're so dumb man! You're a clear example of what they call confidence in stup*idity. You know there have been studies to show that kids who grew up in the slums (especially ones ravaged by diseases) usually suffer from physical & mental retardation, that explains your apparent lack of basic comprehension.

It seems to me this nonsense you're spouting here is an accurate description of yourself, because your lack of exposure is glaring, only a fo*l or a troglodyte will make the comparisons you've made. Look man I'm not going to repeat myself, or break your head open so you can understand, but get something clear; we are not of the same breed, if we were cars, you'd be a 70s VW beetles, while I'd be a Ferrari, we are not of the same social status brother, this platform has given you an enormous privilege to rub shoulders with people like me, because in the real world the only interaction I can have with a low life like you, is when you wave as I drive by, or when you're working for me.

That aside, I've been to America more times that you can dream of, & I'm going again next year for my nephew's 10th so you're way off on that but here's a good challenge for you, I honestly think you haven't left the shores of Nigeria in your miserable life & whatever nonsense you spout here are direct extracts from things like movies & the Internet.

Prove me wrong, you talk of America like it's your backyard, show us a pic or two of you in the land of the free, and in return id show mine.

But if you can't, you need to shut up and stop making a big fool of yourself comparing a 1st world slum to a 3rd world slum.
Hahaha hahaha Loco champ....
I burst your bubble init? It pained you so much why not get a rope and die?
Well I don't claim to know America more than my backyard but I'm not as ignorant and foolish as you American wannabe. Even the real Americans don't brag about it. Talk about the likes cfcfan etc.... You wrote long garbage without making a single sense? Which ghetto did you come from by the way? It's easy to spot a braindead ghetto nitwit with just a single post and by all indications. You are very St. Upid and shouldn't be seen talking on public forum...
Gutter boy.

3 Likes

Re: My Photo Diary by Shugajay(m): 11:58am On Jul 11, 2014
These are so beautiful dearie kiss... Pictures are indeed lovely n I jux cant get tired of taking shots wheneva n whereeva I am opportuned smiley
Re: My Photo Diary by 50calibre(m): 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2014
UrbanMystique: Hahaha hahaha Loco champ....
I burst your bubble init? It pained you so much why not get a rope and die?
Well I don't claim to know America more than my backyard but I'm a as ignorant and foolish as you American wannabe. Even the real Americans don't brag about it. Talk about the likes cfcfan etc.... You wrote long garbage without making a single sense? Which ghetto did you come from by the way? It's easy to spot a braindead ghetto nitwit with just a single post and by all indications. You are very St. Upid and shouldn't be seen talking on public forum...
Gutter boy.

Hahaha nah! You're indeed a third world breed, rich in stup*dity & ignorance. Why should I kill myself? I love my life & I enjoy it so much, perhaps you should heed your own advise. grin grin

Life must be really frustrating for you, I could sense the frustration in your rants, no one is bragging about anything and it doesn't matter what your opinions are on real or wannabe Americans because you're still a cave inhabitant and the closest you'd ever get to anything American is your TV & computer screen.

The truth is so painful for you to swallow, a first world slums isn't the same as a third world slum, that's a solid fact so you can either work hard to elevate yourself and your folks from those slums or you can wallow in your stupi*ty & die there.

Btw speaking of first world, I'm not just referring to America, it could be France, Japan, Australia, Germany, Switzerland...... It's so retar*ded and ignorant of you to think the first world is just America. Well if you can be stup*d enough to call someone like me a local champ, apparently you can say anything.

Life can be frustrating, I know & I won't discount helping you though but you're going to need to show some respect & acknowledge your stupi*dity. grin
Re: My Photo Diary by 50calibre(m): 1:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
cococandy: Lol. I remember when I used to quarrel with 50calibre from thread to thread.
Uwa nke sef grin

Lol why did you stop? grin
Re: My Photo Diary by cannonnier(m): 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
Don't replay that ruralmystic again, you have dealt him some real beating.

That remind me of Germany v Brazil match. sad
Re: My Photo Diary by cococandy(f): 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
You never change cheesy
Smh.

Ngwa ga were oche. Ozugo.
50calibre:

Lol why did you stop? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghana's Fantasy Coffins: Taking The Final Journey In Style / Godwin Onyekachi Okpocha's Art Works (Basket Mouth's Brother) / How To Take Better Pictures At Night With Your Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.