Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

A Man To Call Her Own - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man To Call Her Own (438928 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by BashirAhmad1(m): 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2014
TiffanyJ:
at first, i intended making it seperately but i later decided to make it a triology. Jordan and Tara, Henry and Linda and my last will be Mitch and Joel.
After these three, i intend taking a break from romance. I might venture into adventure but i'm really not sure yet

Welcome development my dear sister TiffanyJ, we're always behind, just carry us along.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
....*
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 8:17pm On Jul 17, 2014
been a bit under d weather dtz y i ve bn a ghostreader snce tuesday...buh im enjoying evry piece of d updates...Ride on Tiffy....How's camp prep going?? BTW, Kingphilip, wea art thou?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by demgirls: 9:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
nice Linda . let's c how it goes.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by orla01(f): 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
@ TiffanyJ making it a triology is perfect.kip up d gud wrk.Ur wrk reminds me of some harlequin romance I av read. No dinner ?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
BashirAhmad1:

Welcome development my dear sister TiffanyJ, we're always behind, just carry us along.
thank you so very much
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
heemah: been a bit under d weather dtz y i ve bn a ghostreader snce tuesday...buh im enjoying evry piece of d updates...Ride on Tiffy....How's camp prep going?? BTW, Kingphilip, wea art thou?
Oh dear, hard luck. I pray you get well soon.
Well, i'm almost ready for camp. Bought most of what i'll need.
How about you?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
orla01: @ TiffanyJ making it a triology is perfect.kip up d gud wrk.Ur wrk reminds me of some harlequin romance I av read. No dinner ?
tnx dear although i couldn't make an update this evening. I was working on something and it must be completed before tomorrow.
I pray you guys understand me. Nait everyone
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by orla01(f): 11:08pm On Jul 17, 2014
TiffanyJ:
tnx dear although i couldn't make an update this evening. I was working on something and it must be completed before tomorrow.
I pray you guys understand me. Nait everyone
Good nyt nd swit drimz

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by seunviju(f): 11:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
Well shan is @ her teen so that is partially expected and it is also peer group things and the kind of friends she move with.keep up the good work tiffany
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 11:43am On Jul 18, 2014
heemah: been a bit under d weather dtz y i ve bn a ghostreader snce tuesday...buh im enjoying evry piece of d updates...Ride on Tiffy....How's camp prep going?? BTW, Kingphilip, wea art thou?
Sorry dearie n get strong soonest
Tnx for checking on me, Glo has been a bad network to me
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 11:48am On Jul 18, 2014
Dats y I don't like been the first to hit. The past has really come to hunt Henry n now he's getting annoyed

TiffanyJ great one expecting d nxt
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
[quote
author=kingphilip]Dats y I don't like been the first to hit. The past
has really come to hunt Henry n now he's getting annoyed

TiffanyJ great one expecting d nxt [/quote]

D best comment u have made so far on dis thread.

Tiffany weldone
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by ADUKKY(f): 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
Tiffany, so loving this work. Welldone.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
CHAPTER FOUR.
Henry parked his car beside his father's. He walked to the palour and was greeted by a maid.
'please tell father i'm here'
'okay sir'
The maid disappeared up the stairs. Henry had moved out of this house four years ago when his mother passed away.
His brother Jake did same too. There was never hapiness in this house. He had watched his parents live miserably in a union called marriage. He hated marriage.
'Henry, where were you these previous days?'
he heard his father say. He was dressed in an overall.
'i was in kogi state?'
'doing what?'
'taking care of some personal stuff'
'okay o. To what do i owe this visit?'
'Dad, i'm getting married'
'what?'
'yeah, my bachelor days are over dad. I want to settle down'
His father stared long and hard at him in shock. He didn't believe him.
'are you serious? You really want to get married?'
'yes dad'
'who is the unlucky girl'
Anthony Joseph asked.
'Linda'
Henry replied. Anthony blinked. He didn't seem to remember the name.
'who is this Linda?'
'she was Tara's chief bridesmaid'
During Tara and Jordan's wedding, Linda was the chief bridesmaid while Henry was the bestman.
'oh, i remember the girl. She had been shamelessly following you around and when Tara came, she grabbed the opportunity and gained her trust. She's a gold digger Henry'
'Father, Linda might be anything but not that. My mind is made up dad. Please give us your blessings'
'Henry, are you sure?'
'yes dad. She has a baby for me. Her name is Daisy and she's seventeen months old'
'what if that child is not yours?'
his father asked him. Henry laughed.
'she is mine dad. So help me God i don't want to have the kind of marriage you and mum had'
His father shifted uncomfortably. His son has never talked to him like that before.
'okay Henry. I want to see your so called Linda and my assumed grandaughter. Bring them to me.
'i will that, just don't upset her. If you do, i won't forgive you'
His father only smiled. One of his son is finally getting married. Heaven has heard his prayers.
Linda lay quietly on her bed. Although she loved Henry, she didn't want this marriage. Having a court marriage will work well for her.
It will give her a chance to fight for Daisy. She knew Henry so much. He wouldn't be able to stay away from his ladies friends.
All she needed was a prove. As soon as she can get her hands on One, She intended to get a divorce. That way, she will have custody right for her child.
'I'm sorry Henry, but one thing you never knew was that this marriage won't last six months. I will definately have the last laugh'
she told herself. But deep down, Linda knew that when the time finally come for a divorce, it will be difficult. Henry will fight her for Daisy.
She will be ready for him.
As Linda was carefully planing on how to outsmart Henry, He was also on his cold bed planning on how to outsmart her.
Her behaviour earlia in the day had thaught him a lesson; never to underestimate her.
She wanted a court wedding for a purpose. He knew Linda so well. She wouldn't run away from him to finally decide to marry him.
The first thing he intend to do as soon as they get married was to get her pregnant.
He smiled at that thought. He missed her first pregnancy, he won't miss this one for anything in this world.
Henry thought of his other ladies, he needed to get rid of some. Linda won't even know about Sandra or Ruth.
'sorry Linda, you will have to share me with others'
he spoke out loud. He so desire her he can't wait for the wedding.
'I want you Linda, I Will have you before this week runs out'
he vowed as he fell into a peaceful slumber

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Aipete2(f): 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2014
Lolz. Am following u mum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
wea z kingphilip?? cuz wen i start insultin henry nw, dnt quote me or side him...He has nt evn gt married he is finkin of extra marital affairs...Like seriously, Linda has to fasten her belts n use her brain(not her heart) in dealing wv dz so called irresponsible man...I pray for d best for her....
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
ADUKKY: Tiffany, so loving this work. Welldone.
welcome on board. How have you been?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by babyzai(f): 6:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
1daful work Tiffanyj, more grease to ur elbow
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 7:07pm On Jul 18, 2014
babyzai: 1daful work Tiffanyj, more grease to ur elbow
tnk you
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 7:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
It is very difficult for man that used to have numerous girl friends to stick to one lady he called his wife that's 90% impossible. Yoruba people say the food wey go satisfy u na from mere look u go know. Let me just say this, if Linda finally agrees to marry Henry then what she has suffered from Henry is preamble compare to what she's yet to see. The worst a lady can ever be nursing in her mind is how to be a single mother. Still waiting to see how things unfold. Well done ma.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:28pm On Jul 18, 2014
Mikedimeji thanks dear. Lets see how the story will unfold
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Epathra(f): 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
Really, Henry is trying hard to fix his mess. I admire his courage. His hatred 4 marriage is clear, he never liked  one he was brought up in. ΐτ̅ takes courage to break away from whatever plagued ones parents. Besides, Linda too has schemes of her own. Henry's plan wl favor both, Linda's plan is selfish. Reducing his gfs wl bring them down to none if Linda wl coperate n be patient. TiffanyJ, u never cease to amaze ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥. God bless u. Don't mind my epistle.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by chii8(f): 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dnt knw if its possible for a man to be a slut,gud wrk Tiffy
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 9:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
Linda tried her best to adjust to life at the Nicholas house.
She had spend the whole day sleeping. She was the only one at home xcept for the maids.
Jordan's father as usual went on a business trip. His mother has gone out, Jordan was at work while Tara, Shan and Eugene were all in school.
Tara was in her second year at the university. Linda was left alone at home.
She came awake around 5pm. She felt Lazy she decided to have a bath before going downstairs for dinner.
She emerged from the bathroom in a robe. She felt good and refreshed.
'Gosh, it's high time i start hunting for a job'
Linda told herself. She can't live on the Nicholas forever.
Her door came opened and Henry walked in looking like a god.
Her heart missed a beat. He smiled at her and she nearly loose control.
'Henry, a door was placed there for a reason'
'oh? Come on Linda. Is there anything to hide between us? For goodness sake we were lovers'
He walked to her. Her mind wanted him gone but her body ache for his touch.
She wet her lips with her tongue. In less than a minute, she was in his arms and responding passionately to his kisses.
'Linda, please let me'
Henry murmured into her ear. His hands moved to her left bossom and she nearly shouted.
'This isn't right Linda'
an inner voice told her. It took her will power to estrange herself from him.
'Please leave'
Henry began trembling in anger. God, he wondered what he will have to do to get Linda.
'She stared at him with so much love. Why was he blind to her fellings? She loved him with the whole of her. Her love for him was her nemesis.
What does she have to do to gain his love. Can't he see that he is hurting her? Linda thought painfully.
He moved towards her for another kiss, She bypassed him. A tear dropped from her eyes.
She desperately tried but she couldn't prevent herself from crying.
'why are you crying Linda?'
'you silly man, are you this blind. Can't you see? You are hurting me me Henry'
'How?'
A knock sounded on the door and Shan appeared .
'Aunty Linda, can you help me...'
she left her sentence unfinished when she saw Henry.
'goodevening uncle Henry'
'evening Shan'
shan turned to a crying Linda. She went to her but got a signal from her uncle to leave the room'
She quietly left, what does she care, they think they are adult and know everything.
'It seemed that crying is one of your new found hobby. Well continue crying and turning me into the bad guy in front of everyone'
He told her coldly.
'I don't have time for this'
Linda told him in her tears.
'get ready, i will come pick you up by 9pm tomorrow. Father want to meet you and Daisy'
'okay'
she replied. He walked out of the room like a man pursued.
She had lost her appetite. She didn't bother going to the nursary to see her daughter. She lay in bed and thotght about how to handle Him

The drive to Anthony Joseph's house went silently. He welcomed her and asked her few questions about her family.
Anthony was nice and polite until she had mistakenly told him that it will be a court wedding.
'no, it's either church or no at all'
He told her

6 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2014
I know it's short, please bear with me. I coudn't go further. My eyes were heavy and i was actualy dozing off i decided to submit what i typed.
I had a very hectic day

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Epathra(f): 9:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
Thanks. Rest well.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by edwife(f): 9:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
That's ok Tiff.
Good night and thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by edwife(f): 9:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 9:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
Na nyt dear

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by repogirl(f): 10:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hi Tiffany j, I just went through your work here and dropped in to say well done, you're doing quite well but your work has too many errors and its making the story not flow too well..... I don't mean to be harsh o, I know the work and time that goes into writing but really you should try a bit more with the wrong spellings and wrong tenses. All in all, keep up the work!

2 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by uzolexis(f): 10:29pm On Jul 18, 2014
TiffanyJ: Goodmorning to you all. Linda and Henry's story is about to begin.
I really had a conflict on the title of this work. At first, i thought to name it 'The Scandalous Bride' but a very very good friend of mine observed that another name should be better. So i opted for my original title, 'A Man to Call Her Own'
This book is set two years after Tara had Eugene.
We will meet the Nicholas and ofcourse Shan.
My shout outs to the following peeps:
Hassan85, Ifude, heemah,LyndaRoyce, meeteemzy, edwife, vblinks, Ummuja, A.J Gold, Ngraced, Adegoke623, ADDUKY, Kingphilip, Divepen, Lanicky, Toykathy, Jasmine 2013, chariepet, Jeffrey James, Xtarxhyne, Queenxstar, Beevann, mamaav, orirebaby, ijbeauty, gorgeousnogo, Ice4jez, bawelat, Diamonddamsel, epathra, demgirls, Oluchikeh, tosinmoxy, Cpblessed, gracile, harmless Phil, Akejujoe, pwettyolly, miss universe, Iolite, Ethel307, hnkan, Jjrhymez, Gudsyd, joizy, winninght, ashtonpicky245, teecute, eniodun26, Temmytayo20, seyi Jayden, kkjoy, princeAdepoju, radiance, vonn, lilipet, zeb04, Sweetcarrot, princessusan, paradise163, Abuklaw, iphie17, mariammi, Jaymomma, Babyzai, Cscl4G, Christabel, Lahrra, prettymisi, Hyfe, jiteshell, molarawaju, benibank, science4me, uchebest2006, moseph and the rest of you guys i have forgotten. Please don't be offended

Finally i have found you Tiffany,i fflwed ur Reluctant bride and I remember you saying you would write about Henry and Linda but after the attack,i lost the thread on NL i find u like person wey dey find husband,thank God i don catch you ....lemme seat back relax and enjoy this one. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (58) (Reply)

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.