Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

A Man To Call Her Own - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man To Call Her Own (438908 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 2:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
hassan85: hehe e don de happen! For all I know she must go back and face reality. nice work o. But ds updates they take too long no be small.
U de really c wetin I de c

Make all d people wey de support ha just get hope de wait sha
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by pwettyolly(f): 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
Hmm it is well so what is going to happen now with no friends and family around me am scared she will return to that coconut head called henry
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
This is more complicated than it looks.
At this point she needs to escalate, she can't handle this alone, she needs her family and friends around. Also she needs to get something doing to take her mind off all this occurrences and most importantly she need to get across to Henry to let him know that she's carry his baby at least for the sake of posterity. She mustn't go back to the Henry Becos the truth is Henry is not a responsible fellow
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
how can this happen now? Linda thought sadly.
She wasn't even ready for a child. Worst of all, she didn't have the financial help.
She thaught of her options and knew that going back to Henry would be a mistake.
Henry might conclude that she was trying to use a child to force him into marriage.
Linda finally decided to rise her child alone. If she had found out about the pregnancy ealiar, she wouldn't have spend so much renting a house and and buying utensils she won't need.
Her account balance has sank to a hundred and ten thousand. Even she knew that money will not solve the problems she was it.
She refused to demand help from anyone. Not even her father or Tara.
These days, she had stopped watching local news. It always took her back to what she ran away for.
It was always either Tara's orphanage, The Nicholas building company or The Josephs advitising agency.
She didn't want anything to remind her of Henry or Tara whom she missed so much.
She began hunting for a job immediately and geting one seemed difficult.
Her parents visited her two weeks after she had packed into her new flat.
Linda had ran and flinged herself on her father. She greeted her mother who looked like she had been forced to be there.
After chattering and laughing, her parents decided to take their leave.
'Linda, you havn't change your mind about coming home, have you?'
her father asked hopefully.
'no dad'
james Dennis knew his daughter well. He remembered the last time she had behaved this way.
She had made her hands into a fist and had seemed restless. She had walked around the room and had looked from her father to her mother like a child expecting to be told off.
That was when she had announced that she was going into decorating and event planing.
His daughter always behaved this way whenever she needs something or she got a bomb to blow.
'Linda, spite it out'
'what?'
she asked him in feign ignorance.
'i Know you too well. Spite out whatever it is you want to say'
he watched her placed her right foot on her left foot and looked from him to her mother.
She instinctively placed her hands on her stomach. His heartbeat stopped for a moment.
'Mother, father... I'm pregnant'
she told them sadly. Her mother began ranting again and Linda tremblemed in fear.
Whenever her mother shout, she remembered what had happened when she was fifteen.
'why Linda?'
her father asked.
'i really don't know daddy'
she answered in tears.
'Who is responsible of it?'
her mother asked.
'Henry'
Her mother angrilly slapped her. Linda turned to her father.
'I want you both out of my house. Please go'
'No Linda, you are coming home with us'
her father shouted.
'No she's not. People will laugh at me. My daughter is carrying a bastard'
her mother angrilly yelled.
James slapped his wife for the first time since they got married.
'you are not fit to be called a mother. Your daughter quit her job, decided to live a responsible life away from the man she loved only to find out that she is pregnant.
All you think of are your stupid friends laughing at you?'
'you slapped me because of Linda? You spoilt her. The two of you should do whatever but i don't want a bastard in my house'
mrs james matched out of the flat.
'go after your wife dad. I'm not going back home. This is my home'
He knew she won't change her mind. He kissed her goodbye and left. His baby, is smart. She can take care of herself.
she got a teaching job at progressive nursery, primary and secondary schools with the monthly salary of thirty thousand naira.
She sold her beautiful car at half the price she bought it and budget the money for her coming baby.
Time ran fast, Linda began to adopt a quiet but lonely and boring life style.
She began making preparation for her coming child.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2014
A Sorry scenario we have in our hands

I have a feeling for nw dis decision is OK by ha but in da nearby future she should go back n settle their differences

TiffanyJ Hw will I be able to thank u enough for making my day
Great write up
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
@ Kingphilip, I bet shez not coming back to Henry. Shes more determined than ever. Instead henry will go for her when he realizes he cnt do wivout her..
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
jaymomma:

I was till d nairaland mess happened! Cant access my benibank account
you are welcme ma
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
pricelesslove: hmmmmmm thank GOD oooo. i don wait for dis story tire. more gress to ur elbow
you now have it ma lady. Tnx
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
mikedimeji: This is more complicated than it looks.
At this point she needs to escalate, she can't handle this alone, she needs her family and friends around. Also she needs to get something doing to take her mind off all this occurrences and most importantly she need to get across to Henry to let him know that she's carry his baby at least for the sake of posterity. She mustn't go back to the Henry Becos the truth is Henry is not a responsible fellow
time shall tell, sir
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
kingphilip: A Sorry scenario we have in our hands

I have a feeling for nw dis decision is OK by ha but in da nearby future she should go back n settle their differences

TiffanyJ Hw will I be able to thank u enough for making my day
Great write up
lets wait and c what time will tel u.
Don't thank me, i should b thanking you guys for encouraging me into writing this
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
Hi guys, without your encouragements and comments, i would never have been here.
I want you all to know that i read all your comments and argument. heemah, kingphilip, cheriepet and Hassan85, make wuna take am easy on wuna selves o.
I appreciate everyone reading this wok. Lov you all

2 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Epathra(f): 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
Go linda, go linda go! Henry pele in advance o
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by SeyiJayden(m): 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
Go tiffanyj am at ur bck ....anyways thanks for d shoutout following sharparly you all dis a cool story its seyijayden on da MIC who say....smart gal at linda
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
It's so unfortunate that the person who was suppose to stand by her in this her trying time is even an enemy. All this mothers that egocentrism has eaten deep into them, u can imagine her mother saying her friends will be laughing at her, it's always about her own ego. But personally I feel Linda shouldn't keep the pregnancy from Henry at least for his information.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by edwife(f): 9:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
Tiffany well done.I am loving this story as well,just keep with the updates. wink
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
heemah: @ Kingphilip, I bet shez not coming back to Henry. Shes more determined than ever. Instead henry will go for her when he realizes he cnt do wivout her..
Time sha will b d judge
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 9:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
TiffanyJ:
lets wait and c what time will tel u.
Don't thank me, i should b thanking you guys for encouraging me into writing this
k o if u say So

But I still remain thankful to u for making me read a great piece as this
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by akejujoe(f): 2:45am On Jul 11, 2014
Tiffany dear,just started reading this story today. As usual I'm sure it ll be worth every minute spent reading.much love. grin cheesy
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:26am On Jul 11, 2014
akejujoe: Tiffany dear,just started reading this story today. As usual I'm sure it ll be worth every minute spent reading.much love. grin cheesy
You are welcome ma.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:29am On Jul 11, 2014
edwife: Tiffany well done.I am loving this story as well,just keep with the updates. wink
you are welcome ma

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by queen47: 11:03am On Jul 11, 2014
ah.....i am yet to start reading but let me comment first.....how come i am just seeing this now? i silently followed the reluctant bride and enjoyed every bit of it.

I am sitting tight on this one too. Tiffanyj, fire on.

Oya, let me now go back and start reading.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 11:09am On Jul 11, 2014
queen47: ah.....i am yet to start reading but let me comment first.....how come i am just seeing this now? i silently followed the reluctant bride and enjoyed every bit of it.

I am sitting tight on this one too. Tiffanyj, fire on.

Oya, let me now go back and start reading.
you are welcome ma.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:44am On Jul 11, 2014
Hmmm.
Things will be well soon, Linda....just remain focused and determined!!

Well done, Tiffany.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Hmmm.
Things will be well soon, Linda....just remain focused and determined!!

Well done, Tiffany.
tnk you sir
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by jaymomma(f): 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
SeyiJayden: Go tiffanyj am at ur bck ....anyways thanks for d shoutout following sharparly you all dis a cool story its seyijayden on da MIC who say....smart gal at linda

Hi! U r my son's namesake. He's also Seyi Jayden
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 11, 2014
All dz thnz dat is sheleing dairis God oo

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2014
'she's not coming back'
Henry told himself in a bitter tune.
Her absence had left a deep hole in his heart. He knew he didn't love her. He was just fond of her.
His heart felt so empty. Linda had not just left, she had taken a piece of him with her.
He had taken to the bottle when he had finally realised she wasn't coming back.
Six months had gone by now. He had contacted all her friends, none seemed to know where she was.
His contact at the bank had informed him that she had closed her account with them.
All Henry knew was that Linda came from a family of four. He only knew they lived in Nasarawa state.
He had always put her off whenever she spoke of her family. Now he wished he knew how to get to them.
'bartender, i need more'
Henry shouted to the man. He drank himself to stupur.
All he wanted was to stop seeing her smiling at him.
He seemed to see her every minute. She hunted his days and nights.
'damn you Linda'
why had she wrote to Tara and not him? Why had she made love with him all night long and disappeared the next day.
I need answers. Henry thought. He decided to pay his sister a visit.
She knew something. Henry managed to drive to the Nicholas mansion.
Tara will answer his questions.
His sister and her husband were in their room.
'Jordan, did Henry tell you what had happened between him and Linda?'
'No, he said they didn't even fight'
Jordan answered. He saw the worried look on his wife's beautiful face.
He sat on the bed and removed his shirt. He was nude from the waist up.
'she has been gone for six months now. I'm worried Jordan. How can she just disappear and Henry doesn't want to talk about it'
'Tara, come and sit down here'
Jordan motioned to his tigh. His wife went willingly and sat on his tigh.
'you worry too much Tara. Both Henry and Linda are adults for godsake'
'I know, but they...'
He claimed her lips with his. Soon her yellow tank top went to the floor. Her bra went thesame way.
The door gave way and in came a very very drunk Henry.
'Tara, where the hell is Linda?'
He shouted angrilly. Tara made haste to cover her exposed bosoms. Her husband quickly retrieved his shirt from the bed and cover her.
'Tara, answer me'
He yelled again.
Tara felt her husband trembled in rage.
She went on her feet and stared at her brother for a second. He looked misrable.
'Tara, he might be your brother but you are half unclad. Go to the bathroom and dress properly'
her husband shouted. Tara draw the shirt closer to her body.
'no Jordan. You are angry. I am angry too. He had embarass me to my very toes but he is my brother'
She knew her husband well. If she left, he will beat up Henry. His body was trembling with anger.
A tear dropped from her brother's eye.
'Tara please tell her to come back'
She meant to go to him but her husband held firmly onto her hands.
'Don't tempt me Tara. I need to teach him a lesson'
He pushed her aside and went for Henry. The last time she saw her husband so angry was when Daniel nearly raped her.
Jordan had beaten Daniel black and blue.
She ran and fling herself on Jordan.
'Jordan please. I'm begging you, please'
she told him in tears. He stare at her and held her tightly to him. They heard noise, turned and saw Henry on the floor, snoring.
Because he does not want to upset his wife more than she already was, he asked her to take her nightie they are sleeping in another room.
He watched her place a pillow under Henry's head and cover his body with a blanket before following him out.
'Thank you Jordan'
she whispered to her husband.
Jordan used his right leg to wake up Henry up. It was just 6am. He had leftTara sleeping.
'Henry now listen to me, what you did last evening is inexcusable.
You might be my brother -in-law and my best friend of more than ten years, i won't tolerate such behaviour from you.
I don't want to ever see you in my room again'
Jordan was still angry.
'Oh God, Jordan, I'm really sorry. It won't ever happen again'
'save that for Tara. But as a friend, i will advice you to move on. Linda is not coming back.
Never you forget that i don't want you to ever step your feet in this room again'
Jordan said and match out of the room

3 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 8:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
Henry is a goat he think dat it is everything dat d bottles solves buh Jordan too dey vex @least he would have undastood with his friend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
6 months? Haba! Getting toomuch stil waiting to understand exactly what Linda s up to. Weldon madame
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 8:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
Cheriepet: Henry is a goat he think dat it is everything dat d bottles solves buh Jordan too dey vex @least he would have undastood with his friend.
haba think am na. At dt state he was? I doubt if any guy wil allow interuption. Put urself in dt situation Jordan found himself.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 8:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
[quote
author=hassan85] haba think am na. At dt state he was? I doubt if any
guy wil allow interuption. Put urself in dt situation Jordan found
himself.[/quote]

@least he should have still undastood dat his friend is going tru a hard time...

bone d guy too dey vex

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
Henry! Oga oooo. Me I don't blame Jordan ooo, he unleashed an accumulated anger, u can hear him saying they've been together for 10years, obviously the young man Jordan is infuriated having an irresponsible man as a friend at the same time an in-law, Becos trust me any guy of a marriage age who has the resources and decide to live the way Henry is living is nothing but an irresponsible foolish fool, don't mind me even me dey vex. Abi make I slap Henry? Let me calm down... Lol.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply)

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.