Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,168 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

A Man To Call Her Own - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man To Call Her Own (438921 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Iolite(f): 9:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
Mr Henry, so after all these feelings, u termed it as lust Pls just face the fact, becos this is just the begining of ur emotional torment. Nice one Tiff.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
Chai!! Ayaf missed..
Tiffany J its xtarxhyne nt xtaryne
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by missuniverse(f): 9:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
chai ,evrybody just para 4 Henry head..He is 32,dat does nt make him irresponsible.
as 4 Jordan,him just dey claim beta pikin;if nt 4 certain reasons wuldn't he ve been on same parol wiv Henry..

hmm 6mnts,,,dt means Lilygirl has few wks left .GOD HELP HER
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 10:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
missuniverse: chai ,evrybody just para 4 Henry head..He is 32,dat does nt make him irresponsible.
as 4 Jordan,him just dey claim beta pikin;if nt 4 certain reasons wuldn't he ve been on same parol wiv Henry..

hmm 6mnts,,,dt means Lilygirl has few wks left .GOD HELP HER
It's only an irresponsible Man of 32 that will have numerous girl friends and be saying he's not ready to get married. In fact having more than one girl friend at a time is even something to worry about. Call a spade a spade from this story line Henry is not responsible if he like let him be the MD of his office.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by missuniverse(f): 11:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
mikedimeji:
It's only an irresponsible Man of 32 that will have numerous girl friends and be saying he's not ready to get married. In fact having more than one girl friend at a time is even something to worry about. Call a spade a spade from this story line Henry is not responsible if he like let him be the MD of his office.
who is talking abt him being MD,dats nt d point...
Its one thing to be flirtatious,its anoda to be irresponsible,
i still stand on my grounds ;d character of Henry does nt define irresponsibility

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Epathra(f): 11:15pm On Jul 11, 2014
missuniverse: who is talking abt him being MD,dats nt d point...
i still stand on my grounds ;d character of Henry does nt define irresponsibility
are u 4 real? @ henry's way of life!
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 11, 2014
Linda's situation isn't far from what some young spinsters of this generation are facing..... You know the truth why not acknowledge it... Why bed a man who once made it clear to you that he isn't gonna marry you? Why waste your time in an unprofitable business? Love doesn't hurt! Love isn't insensitive! Love ought to be a mutual feeling!
Well, I gueSs she have learnt her lessons and also honour her past by learning from it.....
Ones inner voice can never mislead you! Only YOU can!

As for henry, he thinks he can eat his cake and have it...... He's on a lonnnnngggg thing!
He should learn to recognize love and affection whenever he sees one! He should be appreciative!
He thinks he can just phock any hole as he pleases,tamper with any wandering emotion and toss gals around like N1 coin......
To be responsible goes beyond ones age!

Jordan and tara, muaahhhh! Love u both! My regards to eugene (abi na wetin be una pikin name sef).....
TiffanyJ nice work! More ink to ya pen!
#i see u peeping too#
Nevermind my late comment biko, this is the only time I have to read through ya write_up.

4 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by SeyiJayden(m): 12:37am On Jul 12, 2014
jaymomma:

Hi! U r my son's namesake. He's also Seyi Jayden
ooops i mite b ur son no offence but i tot i was only seyijayden aniways itz cool aving namesake ..shoutout to ur son hu mite b me jaymomma
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by akejujoe(f): 12:51am On Jul 12, 2014
Henry just dey fall my hand.Anyway kudos madam Tiff but d update short sha.I be oliver Twist oo. wink
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by boladex1: 9:10am On Jul 12, 2014
welldone tiff, this a great story and lesson to ladies once a man declare to you that he would not marry you look and pray for ur husband not be a hanger on or rebound because it will ens in tears. as for henry he is a confused fellow he does not know what he wants from what he need

Great story, ghost mode activated
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 9:24am On Jul 12, 2014
Cheriepet: Henry is a goat he think dat it is everything dat d bottles solves buh Jordan too dey vex @least he would have undastood with his friend.
Is this. Hw u go about every thread?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 9:28am On Jul 12, 2014
TiffanyJ Tnx for da update
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 9:49am On Jul 12, 2014
kingphilip:
Is this. Hw u go about every thread?

i tot u stopped stalking me stalkerwink KP leave me alone o
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2014
Cheriepet:

i tot u stopped stalking me stalkerwink KP leave me alone o
U ba? I won't til u leave me alone
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 10:30am On Jul 12, 2014
missuniverse: who is talking abt him being MD,dats nt d point...

Being flirt itself is an act of irresponsibility. Once u refused to do the needful as at when required such fellow is irresponsible. A 32 year old being flirt what can be more irresponsible than this. But every one to his/her own opinion
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by seunviju(f): 11:41am On Jul 12, 2014
You never know the true worth of what you have until u lost it and that applies 2 henry.keep up the good work tiffany
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by missuniverse(f): 12:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
TIFFY!,wer ar u??
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2014
CHAPTER THREE
A tear dropped from her eyes as she stared at her beautiful baby.
It had never been easy, when her neigbours realised that she was pregnant without a husband, they began treating her like a plague.
Husbands warned their wives to be wary of her. Parents warned their children to stay away from the newly arrived prostitute, lest she corrupt their minds.
Linda kept to herself. She didn't even make a single friend and she never made any attempt to.
As the months went by, Linda quietly began buying what she will need. She refused to stooped so low as to asked help from her dad or Tara.
She knew Tara would be worried and Angry but Linda never had any intention of going back.
She missed Henry so much. She longed for his touch and his kiss-that was reason enough for her to never go back.
Her father had send her younger brother to her with some money.
Joshua had stayed with her for a week. He tried in his little way to make her forget what was happening.
The headmistress in the school she was teaching hated her.
She nearly sacked Linda when she found out that she was pregnant.
'why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?'
'i didn't think it was relevant and morever, you didn't asked me'
Linda had retorted
'you are carrying a bastard and you think i will allow you work here?'
'Hey, the child i'm carrying is not a bastard'
Linda angrilly shot back.
'Then who is the father? Tell me his name'
'It's none of your business'
The woman would have sacked Linda but for the timely intervention of the propreitor, Mr John Donald.
'Let her be, she is coping just fine and i see no reason why her personal life should prevent her from working for us'
The headmistress had no choice but to give up. But she always look for the slightest opportunity to tell Linda off.
A month before she was to be put to bed, mr Donald asked her to marry him.
She turned him down. Only Henry she loved.
'marry me and give your child a name. I love you Linda, please take your time and think about it'
'No sir, i can't'
he refused to give up. He asked her to marry him everyday and Linda kept turning him down.
'miss, what will you name the baby'
she heard a nurse asked her again.
'Daisy James'
Linda replied in tears. She needed a nanny. She needed money to hire one- she has almost no money left.
'why are you crying Linda?'
mr Donald asked as he strolled into the hospital room.
'nothing'
she told him.
'marry me Linda. Please i beg of you'
'no'
she answered back.

Henry Joseph had apologized to his sister for barging into her room unannounced and drunk.
Everyone now treated him like an invalid. Everyone except his father and Jordan.
He had looked for a decorator and ordered his whole house to be redecorated.
'who would you want it sir?'
the lady had asked him.
'I dont know, but take down all these. I want to see a new set of colours when i get back'
he shouted at the lady.
Henry had became a changed man. He hardly laugh. He worked from morning to evening without rest.
'Ta, this isn't my uncle Henry anymore. My uncle was jovial and the best in the world. What happened to him?'
Shan told Tara one day.
'I don't know shan. But Henry needs us now more than ever'
it wasn't until the day they visited Henry that Shan declared that she would be spending her weekends with Henry.
Tara agreed to two weekends in a month. The first and last weekends in the month.
This was because the Henry who was very tidy and organised had stopped doing that.
Shan will help clean up for him on such weekends.
Jordan was against it. He told his wife he won't allow Shan spend her weekends with Henry.
He called Henry.
'i will allow her stay with you on the condition that she won't meet any of your numerous girl friends.
She is a teenager and i won't risk her see you sleeping around with women in your house'
Jordan had told Henry. Henry, agreed to Jordan's condition because he didn't want to disappoint Shan.
Days ran into months and months ran into two years with no sign of Linda.
She has been gone two years yet he still found it difficult to cope.
Unknowingly for Henry, he has a year and five months old daughter in kogi state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
missuniverse: TIFFY!,wer ar u??
i'm right here ma
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by DEllaluv(f): 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
Right on tym,I no cm late at all

lovely,tara and jordan are stl drunk in love

serves henry right,gud,linda stpd being a plaything 4 him

Tiff dear,keep it up
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by missuniverse(f): 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
TiffanyJ:
i'm right here ma
ryd on
i see u

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
LyndaRoyce, goodafternoon. Tnx for creating time for this work.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 1:12pm On Jul 12, 2014
seunviju: You never know the true worth of what you have until u lost it and that applies 2 henry.keep up the good work tiffany
Tnx dear. And welcme to this thread
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2014
Xtarxhyne: Chai!! Ayaf missed..
Tiffany J its xtarxhyne nt xtaryne
tnx and correction taken.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by akejujoe(f): 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
I'm begining to feel sorry for Henry.Well done Tiffy
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
akejujoe: I'm begining to feel sorry for Henry.Well done Tiffy
lolz. Tnx dear
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by crislyn(f): 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
Tiff gud afternoon, tnx for d update...pls gv us another 1 today o. Tnx
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
crislyn: Tiff gud afternoon, tnx for d update...pls gv us another 1 today o. Tnx
ok ma
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Costlybabe: 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
tifany,u hav a great story line ,im in love wit dis story dat miniute and then i com arnd to check if u hav updated an feel bad when u hav nt,great work so far
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
'Henry please do this for me'
Tara begged her brother.
'sorry sis, tell your husband to do this'
he told her.
They were sitting in the sitting room of the Nicholas mansion. Jordan glared at his friend.
'Henry ma boy, why not do this one favour to your sister?'
Jordan, you can do this for her, afterall, you are her husband'
The two soon began arguing. Tara watched to her utter misfortune as the two men who matter in her life most began exchanging words.
All she needed was for one of them to go on her behalf to kogi state for the speech and prize giving day of one progressive schools.
This was the third time the school had invited her orphanage. She had finally accepted to go but Eugene chose that time to fall ill.
She couldn't make it. One of these men should go on her behalf but they were both shifting responsibilities.
While Jordan insisted he has a meeting to attend to, Henry also insisted that he won't be able to make it.
Tara went on her feet and left them to continue arguing.
She went up to the nursery and found her beloved son throwing up his lunch.
'tell the driver to get ready, we are going to the hospital'
she told the nanny who went to quickly do as she was told.
'mummy'
He cried
'sweetheart, I'm here, i won't let anything happen to you'
she quickly carried him downstairs. Jordan went on his feet when he saw her and the alarm in her face.
'Henry, please go to Kogi. Eugene needs his parents here with him'
Jordan pleaded with Henry.
'As if I have a choice'
Henry muttered to Jordan. He will be in kogi the next day for the so called speech and prize given day.
This year's speech and price given day seemed different. Even the so called headmistress seemed nervous.
Linda heard that a celebrity will be in attendance.
The house rent was about to expire. She only has a hundred and ten thousand naira.
Where the hell will the money appear from?
over the years,a sum of ten thousand naira has been added to her monthly salary.
Eight thousand naira go to mrs Eric, Daisy's nanny monthly.
Linda had not saved a kobo. There was nothing to save.
'miss James, you had better be ready with your report cards tomorrow'
'they will be ready ma'
she told the headmistress in a quite tone.
'left to me, you won't be here. You are a bad influence on this school'
'I'm i? Atleast, i am thirty with a child. You ma, you are neither married nor a mother. You will die with no child to mourn you'
Linda coudn't help but to retaliate. The woman had always been jealous of Linda's beauty and the fact that despite having a child at home, men seek her out.
The headmistress at the other hand was fourty with no husband nor children.
'How dare you? The proprietor is your saviour Linda. Consider yourself lucky'
'I won't forget that ma'
Linda spite out.
she dressed in a blue gown. The gown reached her ankle and a simple sandals for the speech.
Linda had closed her Register and Diary. Her clean sheet was also ready. Without these three things, her salary won't be issued to her.
She took these things for approval. The headmistress rejected her clean sheet.
'I won't accept this, make another one'
'I won't ma. I will wait for the admistrator to go through my work'
'you stuborn Lady. I hate'
She cried out
'i know that already'
Linda picked her clean sheet and matched out of the office.
She was in her class when a student informed her that the Headmistress request her presence.
'what now?'
Linda groaned inwardly. She walked into the office and found herself staring at Henry Joseph.
He was in a deep discussion with the proprietor, Headmistress and Administrator.
'Miss Linda, i need to see your clean sheet'
the administrator told her.
Henry saw Linda and stare at her in shock. He went closer to her.
'do you know eachother?'
Mr Donald asked.
'No'
Linda quickly answered. She can hear her own heart beat.
'yes, we know eachother'
Henry answered quietly as he angrilly stared at her.
'hy Linda, how have you been? It's been two years'
on hearing this, Linda turned and ran out of the office and out of the school.
'Shall the day begin?'
Henry asked the proprietor.
'ofcourse sir'
came the chorus answer

2 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2014
Costlybabe: tifany,u hav a great story line ,im in love wit dis story dat miniute and then i com arnd to check if u hav updated an feel bad when u hav nt,great work so far
tnx ma
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
tiffany pls kum n update ooo...else i wont cook dinner and u knw am fasting...ma hrt is beating seriously...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (58) (Reply)

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.