Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,997 members, 7,956,709 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:15 PM

Top 4 Ways To Be A Good Father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Top 4 Ways To Be A Good Father (558 Views)

Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? / In Loving Memory Of A Good Father, Broadcaster & Friend – Yinka Craig / The Impact Of A Good Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 4 Ways To Be A Good Father by liberty24: 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
How would you define a father?
What are the roles of fathers in the society?
What is the true meaning of a father?
My life as a father has helped me to know the true meaning of a father. Being a male is a chance but being a dad is a great choice. How you make the choice of being a dad is the most daunting task of every male child.
Briefly let me tell you a little of my background, my father was an alcoholic and I grew up to know him with his excessive drinking. He died last year at the age 80, but until his death he was known for his drunkenness.
One good thing I can remember him for is that he taught me how to read. You may want to ask what I mean but the truth is that my both parents were illiterates. Once a child could read my father was done with that child. This belief of his kept me searching for the true meaning and roles of a forever father.
Back to the above questions, what should be your definition of a father? I have deeply thought about what I can teach children about who is a real father? Interestingly what came to mind is to think about the question my father regularly asked me “Can you read?”
“A father is a Responsible Educator Available Daily”- Ola Akinwe
This to my surprise has led to the discovery a new definition of a father as defined above. You will agree with me that my father was right with his belief that every dad should teach their children to read.
The four best ways to be a good father are; - See more at: http://www.pandctimes.com/top-4-ways-good-father

(1) (Reply)

The Gay Agenda...1 / What's In A Name? / Bonanza! Samsung Galaxy S4 For One Lucky Buyer In Port-harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.