Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? (1409 Views)

Yes, She Married A Good Husband.................... / 18 Commandments Of A Good Husband. Men Must Read! / Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by bmoney9ja(m): 8:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
today when my neighbor's kids came to my apartment, i carried the youngest one as she rested on my shoulder, she slept off. I thought within myself that i would make a good daddy due to the way I feel around kids.

At that point, I started wondering how possible is it for me to be a good father without being a good husband due to my poor level of commitment in my past relationships.

I know I go extra miles when it comes to caring and giving attention to kids but doing that to women especially the ones have had something with, I find it very hard with time.

any suggestions on how to deal with that is welcomed.
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by Mamaflex(f): 8:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
I guess you have not find someone you really love.
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by bmoney9ja(m): 8:31pm On Jun 16, 2015
Mamaflex:

people have been telling me that but my question is, till when?
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by Beesluv: 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
That's irresponsibility. May God deliver you
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by KanwuliaJara: 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
A winner any day! cool
I can be good to myself! cool
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by Moana(f): 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
bmoney9ja:

wait till you are 40 (with no wife) and giving advice about women up and down the forum like your fellow friends on NL grin

2 Likes

Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by bmoney9ja(m): 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
Moana:
wait till you are 40 (with no wife) and giving advice about women up and down the forum like your fellow friends on NL grin
babymama wont be a bad idea you know?..
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by Moana(f): 8:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
bmoney9ja:

babymama wont be a bad idea you know?..
sure, then you can come back and make noise about paying child support and blame it on feminism like your fellow mates again grin
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by angieberry(f): 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
Stop being a playa undecided
The fact that you love kids and love being around them does not automatically prove that you'll be a good father... Being a good father is beyond feeling good around kids, its interconnected with being a good husband because I don't know how you'll be good to your children if you're bad to their mother...hope I made sense

2 Likes

Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by Mamaflex(f): 9:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
bmoney9ja:

Just chillax. You will eventually do.
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by bmoney9ja(m): 9:17pm On Jun 16, 2015
angieberry:
The fact that you love kids and love being around them does not automatically prove that you'll be a good father... Being a good father is beyond feeling good around kids, its interconnected with being a good husband because I don't know how you'll be good to your children if you're bad to their mother...hope I made sense
maam you are right, I really wish for better me.
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by bmoney9ja(m): 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
Moana:
sure, then you can come back and make noise about paying child support and blame it on feminism like your fellow mates again grin
I can neva make noise spending on a child that has my dna..not even on adopted one.
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by jossey94(m): 9:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
Seriously? Being a good father has nothing to do with being a good spouse. The same way being a good mother has nothing to do with being a good wife. The love one has for one's kids can't be compared with anything( except for an unortunate few) and IMO is independent of ones love for his spouse. My two cents. Howeva, I feel that every child should grow up in a loving home and being a good father means ensuring ur a good husband even if its js 2 mk ur kid happy.
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by bmoney9ja(m): 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2015
jossey94:
Seriously? Being a good father has nothing to do with being a good spouse. The same way being a good mother has nothing to do with being a good wife. The love one has for one's kids can't be compared with anything( except for an unortunate few) and IMO is independent of ones love for his spouse. My two cents. Howeva, I feel that every child should grow up in a loving home and being a good father means ensuring ur a good husband even if its js 2 mk ur kid happy.
on point bro, I think my growing up affected my feelings towards women. I wud try to be a better me.

1 Like

Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by segedoo(m): 9:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
angieberry:

You do. Are u in doubt?

The gal I loved deeply turned out to be 'wrong' and confused. She's set having my own kids back:@sad

This is why sometimes I don't blame playas - male or female!

@bmoney9ja
mehn, I'm pretty cool with kids too. Can't wait to have mine preferrably all boys.
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by bmoney9ja(m): 11:55pm On Jun 18, 2015
segedoo:

You do. Are u in doubt?

The gal I loved deeply turned out to be 'wrong' and confused. She's set having my own kids back:@sad

This is why sometimes I don't blame playas - male or female!

@bmoney9ja
mehn, I'm pretty cool with kids too. Can't wait to have mine preferrably all boys.

bro, me love preety baby gurls ooo at least one. in short i cant wait to have one, then boiz can follow.
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by Nobody: 4:22am On Jun 19, 2015
Mamaflex:
Mamaflex seconded smiley
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by Nobody: 4:24am On Jun 19, 2015
angieberry:
first of, u are making maximum brain

Secondly.. must u be so beautiful kiss
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by Yustash001(m): 6:21am On Jun 19, 2015
Here to read comments....
Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 19, 2015
You already know you won't make a good husband even before you're married? If you can love your kids, why can't you show same to their mum?? I pity whoever is going to settle down with you. .

If you know you can't commit in a relationship just as you've said, please don't get married cos marriage is about commitment.. Save a woman a life of misery biko..

1 Like

Re: Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? by bmoney9ja(m): 10:16am On Jun 19, 2015
MarvellousGod:
You already know you won't make a good husband even before you're married? If you can love your kids, why can't you show same to their mum?? I pity whoever is going to settle down with you. .

If you know you can't commit in a relationship just as you've said, please don't get married cos marriage is about commitment.. Save a woman a life of misery biko..
d problem is, i give my all at d initial stage but after a while i ll start thinking abt why am into the relationship and before i know it..I lose interest even when sex isnt involved.
I really wish I have the zeal of commitment. not dat i never wish to be a good husband mbok

(1) (Reply)

Hurray!!!!!! Today 19th January Is Our Birthday!!!!! / Guys I Need Ur Help Real Quick / How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.