Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Inviting Your Siblings Without Informing Your Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inviting Your Siblings Without Informing Your Wife (1039 Views)

Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo / A Nairalander Retakes photo Of His Mum And Siblings After 24 Years / A Family Member Informing Your Spouse Before Visiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inviting Your Siblings Without Informing Your Wife by Nwanneluv(f): 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hi peeps! I am bringing this topic back again because it was among the lost data when Nairaland was hacked. Please, this thread is not meant to bash any gender. So, here we go again.
Sometime ago, there was a serious quarrel between a friend of mine and her husband. The cause of their misunderstanding was that the man invited his younger sister to live with them without telling his wife. According to my friend, her husband's younger sister showed up in their home one day with a bag containing her clothes. She said that she thought the young lady came for a short stay. She welcomed her warmly and gave her some food. My friend said when the girl got ready to go out the following day, she asked her if she was going to visit a friend but she said no that her brother told her to come and join him in his business. That was when it dawned on my friend that her husband actually invited his younger sister to come live with them and work for him.
My friend said when she later asked her husband if his sister would stay with them, he picked offense and asked her if there is anything wrong with his sister staying with them. My friend told him that she is not against his sister staying with them but he should have at least informed her about her coming. her husband refused to see reason with her. It was this misunderstanding that resulted to their quarrel. Is it okay for a man to invite any of his siblings to live with him without informing his wife?
Re: Inviting Your Siblings Without Informing Your Wife by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
I am sure the man would have been angry if it was the wife that did the same. Such men are the type that are being controlled by their parents and their parents tell them what to do brushing their wives aside when it comes to certain decision making.
Your friend should be very vigilant sha. Such men can't be trusted.
Since her SIL has come to stay,she should not pick quarrel again with her husband but warn him not to try such stupidity again.
Re: Inviting Your Siblings Without Informing Your Wife by delishpot: 4:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
berem: I am sure the man would have been angry if it was the wife that did the same. Such men are the type that are being controlled by their parents and their parents tell them what to do brushing their wives aside when it comes to certain decision making.
Your friend should be very vigilant sha. Such men can't be trusted.
Since her SIL has come to stay,she should not pick quarrel again with her husband but warn him not to try such stupidity again.

My sister to cut long story short you should just sayshe should just leave it for God . As for the warning him lol. Dat one na toy. Man never gree say him do wrong by inviting person come live and work with him. Person wey na you go feed o and care for if she falls sick you were not informed na that kain man you want warn? Lol, im go squeeze that mouth wey she go use warn him.
Re: Inviting Your Siblings Without Informing Your Wife by ireneidiva(f): 4:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
Why did you bring up this topic again? Did you not get enough replies the last time?

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Your Siblings Without Informing Your Wife by uchman(m): 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
The woman in question must be stupid/wicked.
When it comes to the man's immediate family,why can't her control her wickedness and allow the man to handle things,that's the kid sis for crying out loud!, must she indulge in everything?
Before she got married into that family, I believed the family has a way of sorting things out,so why the over sabi sabi ...A beg don't use your hand spoil your marriage jare...Over sabi sabi house wife!!!
Re: Inviting Your Siblings Without Informing Your Wife by Nwanneluv(f): 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
ireneidiva: Why are you bring up this topic again? Did you not get enough replies the last time?
I stated the reason why I brought back the topic at the beginning of the post, moreover some people misunderstood the intention of the thread, the reason why I also stated at the beginning of the post that the thread is not meant to bash any gender
Re: Inviting Your Siblings Without Informing Your Wife by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
I think both the woman and her husband do not communicate often and properly about critical and vital issues/decisions. If couples communicate often and take everything to be an open book, her husband would have informed her all along of his intention of bringing his sister to assist with his biz. I think they should try to improve in their communication. Communication is key in marriage. a husband bringing in a relative for whatever reason, without informing the wife shows she doesnt really have a say in the marriage, perhaps she has no input in the going-ons of the home and her husband is not the type that feels free to discuss vital issues with her or thinks since he is the Head then there is no need disccussing it with her.

She will need to find a convenient time when he is in a good mood to discuss this communication gap they have. Let them work on it. I believe when you marry your friend, communication becomes very easy. Things like these won't be an issue.
Re: Inviting Your Siblings Without Informing Your Wife by pickabeau1: 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
ireneidiva: Why are you bring up this topic again? Did you not get enough replies the last time?

This.....

#following

(1) (Reply)

When Is The Right Time For A Girl To Leave Her Parents' Home / "If Only You Knew..." / Can You Solve This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.