Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

How Did You Feel The First time you spoke In Front Of An Audience. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Did You Feel The First time you spoke In Front Of An Audience. (1017 Views)

I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score / How Did You Feel When You Had Your First "F" As An Undergraduate? / What Subject Made You Feel Like This When You Were In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Feel The First time you spoke In Front Of An Audience. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
Survey's have show that the fear of public speaking is more than fear of death. There is alway's a first time in everything. As for me my voice was like someone thats about to cry lols! Coupled with sweaty palms plus I had headache all through the presentation but it miraculously dissappeared when i finished. But fast foward 4yrs later public speaking no longer seem like a death sentence. Even though you can never eradicate that fear but it becomes managable when you speak at every oppurtunity.
Re: How Did You Feel The First time you spoke In Front Of An Audience. by vicadex07(m): 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
I have been so lucky that till now, I have been able to avoid public speaking. I probably will have started well, and then blank out towards the middle. I know myself very well so I don't ever take the chance.
Re: How Did You Feel The First time you spoke In Front Of An Audience. by sainty2k3(m): 5:03pm On Jul 06, 2014
Thanks to my church's children class, we do present in general church programme right from whole we are young, and this has gone a long way to boost my confidence and charisma, my first Eva presentation outside chircvh was In school, I did so well , the lecturer promised me a gift though e didn't full fill his promise, but I enjoyed his influence after then cos he took ,e up as friend
Re: How Did You Feel The First time you spoke In Front Of An Audience. by sainty2k3(m): 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
vicadex07: I have been so lucky that till now, I have been able to avoid public speaking. I probably will have started well, and then blank out towards the middle. I know myself very well so I don't ever take the chance.
That's not luck my brother, u must break away from that shell
Re: How Did You Feel The First time you spoke In Front Of An Audience. by UniqueGem(m): 5:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
vicadex07: I have been so lucky that till now, I have been able to avoid public speaking. I probably will have started well, and then blank out towards the middle. I know myself very well so I don't ever take the chance.
Bro that's not luck at all ooo, Infact u've been so so unlucky. Public speaking is sumtin that must happen in ones life whether u like it or not. So it's better u find a way to overcome urs early.
Re: How Did You Feel The First time you spoke In Front Of An Audience. by Gclan(m): 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
I started speaking in public at the age of 15, in my church we had yearly teens programe and i was ask to present a poem title "SPIRIT OF EXCELENCE" i was so scared that whole day at the programe, but when i came out the fear left me immediately that i was suprised myself, at the end of the 3 days event i was given an award for best poem presentation out of 9 other children, from that day on i am not scared again of any audience no matter their age or background
Re: How Did You Feel The First time you spoke In Front Of An Audience. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
That day will surely come. But a first time is not alway's perfect.
Re: How Did You Feel The First time you spoke In Front Of An Audience. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
That day will surely come. And a first time is not alway's perfect.
Re: How Did You Feel The First time you spoke In Front Of An Audience. by vicadex07(m): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2014
sainty2k3:
That's not luck my brother, u must break away from that shell
AMEN
Re: How Did You Feel The First time you spoke In Front Of An Audience. by vicadex07(m): 5:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
Reski: That day will surely come. And a first time is not alway's perfect.
cry
Re: How Did You Feel The First time you spoke In Front Of An Audience. by vicadex07(m): 5:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
UniqueGem: Bro that's not luck at all ooo, Infact u've been so so unlucky. Public speaking is sumtin that must happen in ones life whether u like it or not. So it's better u find a way to overcome urs early.
Can you teach me
Re: How Did You Feel The First time you spoke In Front Of An Audience. by UniqueGem(m): 8:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
vicadex07: Can you teach me
would av loved to buh I dunno if it can be taught actually. I think u just have to find ur way of doing it. U can start by doing it among ur peers like sumbody above started Rightly in the church. One thing you must note and do during public speaking is to be CALM. It really works and also try to keep a smile on ur face even if its a sheepish one, ur audience will be very comfortable that way and u'll look approachable. Also have that altitude of "they can't beat me up na if I make mistake".

(1) (Reply)

Uniport Student Strike!!! / ATBU Merit And 2nd Batch Admission List 2014/2015 Released / Studying In The University Of Winnipeg Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.