Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today (3944 Views)

2008 Audi A8 D3 6.0 W12 Or 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 HEMI Quad Cab? / What Did You Do To Your Car Today? / Can 200k Get Me A Car Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Today's morning after a heavy interior wash and exterior wash on the abandoned Dodge decided to test drive .After about 1/2 hour of driving, close to home the car violently bucked and suddenly quit. Pulled it off the side of the road and I noticed smoke l out of the battery compartment. I grabbed my fire extinguisher and opened the battery compartment lid to find the negative battery wire glowing red hot and the insulation on fire! Put it out
quickly with a shot of extinguisher.

Phew! Awful glad I always carry a fire extinguisher in the car! No damage at all after I hosed off the battery & battery compartment other than a fried battery cable.

Any ideas where to look?
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by mayor2013: 8:13am On Jul 07, 2014
Did you steam wash that car? Water must have done some damages I suppose. You have give it to an experienced person to help u check
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by sultaan(m): 8:25am On Jul 07, 2014
did anyone work on the car or change battery recently ,you said it was abandoned .Im sure the lights should have come up for battery temp or some other warning
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
No signs ..car works fine so why should a mech work on it
.... But what I think is a maybe a wrong connection or too much power from the alternator
Replaced the cable today both negative and positive with big cables..
And gave it a quick spin but ...no hotness on the battery cable but she's fine nau I guess
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
Just having issues with the Chevy venture
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by sultaan(m): 5:07am On Jul 08, 2014
If I was you I will keep an eye on that seems like the wire was hosted and the alternator kept charging so wire got .

How does the 3.5L rear wheel drive compared to the regular front wheel Camry Accord on Naija roads.

Does it feel put of place to drive an American full size car
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 5:06am On Jul 09, 2014
Lols yh sure its a 6.1L hemi v8
The srt8 specs
Power is Real
Acceleration is Deadly
Speed is Dangerous
When talking about it
Full size body kit looking like a monster
Exhaust system is crazy( setup from eBay)
Its a powerful ride over all
.no problems at all
Rear wheel drive system
With enough power to do burnouts
Donoughts
Even drifts
Rear tyres needs replacement self smiley
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by lungwun(m): 4:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
Pics or it didn't happen [size=5pt]or doesn't exist[/size] wink
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by sultaan(m): 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
lungwun: Pics or it didn't happen [size=5pt]or doesn't exist[/size] wink

I guess we all want to see the MANS car a 6.1L HEMI in Naija is totally unexpected, It takes more than 2 basket sized balls to own that in the land of 4cyl Camry, Accord and Prado

Some say a loose wire could have caused it I thought is was a bad wire that shorted
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by inze(m): 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2014
sultaan:

I guess we all want to see the MANS car a 6.1L HEMI in Naija is totally unexpected, It takes more than 2 basket sized balls to own that in the land of 4cyl Camry, Accord and Prado

Some say a loose wire could have caused it I thought is was a bad wire that shorted

I couldn't have said it any better . . .
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
For your eyes only smiley
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
Took d pix after d wash up
On Sunday when I rose her up from her deep sleep
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by icemann(m): 2:37am On Jul 10, 2014
Oga remove your useless Jalopy from here . If you vex me i will jam it with my BRAN NU 5o5. grin grin

Nice ride
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
icemann: Oga remove your useless Jalopy from here . If you vex me i will jam it with my BRAN NU 5o5. grin grin

Nice ride

Lol abegi oh
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by sultaan(m): 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
What you have there is beyond the comprehension of mere mortals I'll love to see you each up all those maps ha ha ha
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2014
Cool sha
She has been cool
Selling it soon for an upgrade to a 2013 charger SRT8 (king of all trims)
But for now its still under use
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by fiditi(m): 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hkkkkkk
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 13, 2014
Readone35L: Cool sha
She has been cool
Selling it soon for an upgrade to a 2013 charger SRT8 (king of all trims)
But for now its still under use
Can I see a picture of the engine of your charger ? And also I think an upgrade to the 2015 challenger srt hellcat would be nice ? wink
That's the king of all dodge muscle car trims cheesy
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by 234CustomCars: 11:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
Buddy your car looks nice but this isnt an SRT-8. i KNOW cos i' owned an 06 and a 2010 SRT8. The front grill / bumper is completely diff and seats dont look like that at all. ALL SRT-8 chargers also have the hood scoop / air dam so the engine can breathe better and this car doesnt have one. This looks like the 3.5L SE or the normal 5.7L RT without the badge and scoop but it is DEFINITELY not the 6.1L SRT-8

4 Likes

Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 2:09am On Aug 31, 2014
234CustomCars: Buddy your car looks nice but this isnt an SRT-8. i KNOW cos i' owned an 06 and a 2010 SRT8. The front grill / bumper is completely diff and seats dont look like that at all. ALL SRT-8 chargers also have the hood scoop / air dam so the engine can breathe better and this car doesnt have one. This looks like the 3.5L SE or the normal 5.7L RT without the badge and scoop but it is DEFINITELY not the 6.1L SRT-8
Honestly , this was why I asked him to post a picture of the car's engine

2 Likes

Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 2:41am On Aug 31, 2014
Unless this is one of those Copart horror show specimens, this is what a 2010 SRT8 supposed to look like.

Guys, there are serious autoists on here, no need for anyone to try to impress anyone.

I have the same respect for the guy that manages to keep his Beetle running as much as I have for the person that drives an NSX.

Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by papadjaji: 2:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
CityNG: Unless this is one of those Copart horror show specimens, this is what a 2010 SRT8 supposed to look like.

Guys, there are serious autoists on here, no need for anyone to try to impress anyone.

I have the same respect for the guy that manages to keep his Beetle running as much as I have for the person that drives an NSX.

Abeg no make some pple go carry gun o!!!
One of the cutiest things I have ever seen!
Luv it.
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by lungwun(m): 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
Plus the SRT versions also have it etched on the seats.
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Coldplay007(f): 8:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
Funny thread.. grin
Don't mess with NLers...

1 Like

Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
Coldplay007: Funny thread.. grin
Don't mess with NLers...
Lol
This right here!!

1 Like

Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 01, 2014
Funny Nairalanders
If not for the nairaland flood that wiped away my threads am sur e you would have seen of my threads when I had an accident in my charger with My man T-money Tunde
Sometimes back
I thank God for sparing our lifes because it was a horror
Car was scattered and and destroyed . We came out with little bruishes thank God for the safety systems like the airbag
Long story cut shot
That was making it 76 days when I bought her her real colour was Matte black and I got her on Ebay from a young college kid with most modifications installed ,everything shattered in my eyes
I posted the pictures in the thread and was even looking for a body replacement because it was beyond Panel Beating
I got one From abj 1.2M without engine That's this one in the thread I guess itswas formely an se 3.5L
I got A Guy from Abj too
That Lifted My Hemi engine ,tranny and many other stuffs ,including a lot of cables and other things I bough for the conversion
Spent close to 1.7m for the body replacement,parts ,and Labour
Since I had most stuffs in my accidented Challenger
All this was early last year and I bet she runs fine
I was thinking of spending money in modifing it but it was never gonna be like my former love
The seats of the srt8,interior ,body shape and many more
That's why am gonna sell her soon
And purchase the 2013 srt8 early 2015
Been seeing good offers in the usa and auction sites
For the doubting thomas you can ask around the forum I av hooked up with alota nairalanders including Damien he owns a charger Too.
Your one and only

Readone35L
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nastydroid(m): 1:17am On Sep 01, 2014
Readone35L: Funny Nairalanders
If not for the nairaland flood that wiped away my threads am sur e you would have seen of my threads when I had an accident in my charger with My man T-money Tunde
Sometimes back
Car was scattered and and destroyed . We came out with little bruishes thank God for the safety systems like the airbag
Long story cut shot
That was making it 76 days when I bought her her real colour was Matte black and I got her on Ebay from a young college kid with most modifications installed ,everything shattered in my eyes
I posted the pictures in the thread and was even looking for a body replacement because it was beyond Panel Beating
I got one From abj 1.2M without engine That's this one in the thread I guess itswas formely an se 3.5L
I got A Guy from Abj too
That Lifted My Hemi engine ,tranny and many other stuffs ,including a lot of cables and other things I bough for the conversion
I was thinking of spending money in modifing it but it was never gonna be like my former love
For the doubting thomas you can ask around the forum I av hooked up with alota nairalanders including Damien he owns a charger Too.
Your one and only

Readone35L
shocked
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 3:03am On Sep 01, 2014
Readone35L: Funny Nairalanders
Sometimes back
Long story cut shot
I got A Guy from Abj too
Your one and only

Readone35L

Post several pictures of the engine, that'll clear it right up I think.

Glad to hear that you survived the accident.

Personally I think when you have an SRT8 you really need not be wasting gas racing or displaying speed to anyone (if that was related to the crash).
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 3:15am On Sep 01, 2014
CityNG:

Post several pictures of the engine, that'll clear it right up I think.

Glad to hear that you survived the accident.

Personally I think when you have an SRT8 you really need not be wasting gas racing or displaying speed to anyone (if that was related to the crash).
Huh it wasn't even a race
Having an srt8 doesn't freak me to start racing or stuffs like that
Tho I opt in for races but not on local streets. My Gas is also precious
Will post pix when am less Busy
Busy rounding up some works on my computer tho...
Bye for now
Have a long day ahead

1 Like

Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Nobody: 3:19am On Sep 01, 2014
Mistake Charger Insead of challenger
Was talking about that in another thread I guess I made an err
Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by 234CustomCars: 11:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
ON A GOOD/SEXY DAY,this is a HUGE JOB for even the BEST shops/garages in the U.S.of A!! For someone to now tell me they wrecked their SRT-8 beyond repair but bought an SXT OR SE body and dropped a 6.1L engine into an engine bay that it wont even bolt into (different motor and transmission mounts........not to mention the brembo big-brake kit, computer system, completely different transmission, half-shafts, wire harnesses , cat-back exhaust and everything else necessary)and had this done by a NON-ASE-CERTIFIED MECHANIC IN................wait for it.................ABUJA It'd cost you more to get this insane conversion done than to buy an ACTUAL SRT-8 and thats taking into consideration that the 06-10s are now even going for under $20k!!! Negro you even said the car was so wrecked you had to get a new shell !! If the wreck was that bad, how in Saddam Hussein's name were you able to salvage ALL your mechanical parts from the SRT-8 ??Or whoever heard of a car that was totalled but still had all mechanical parts in perfect working order ? You were able to get your ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION out of the car but the TRADEMARK SRT-8 SEATS were lost in the accident ?? What happened , the seats caught fire but the engine didnt ?? This JOB would have been a FIRST OF IT'S KIND IN THE WORLD cos the PROFESSIONALS wont even attempt it. I WAS gonna let you quietly fade to black when I called you out for the fake SRT pic but you just couldn't walk away huh Any nigga who believes this fantastic story of yours needs to have his brain replaced with semolina!!!

You have a Dodge Charger. Be proud of it. Some niggas ride the bus, have keke-napeps etcs and they'd kill to be in your shoes. Don't make up bogus shit just to pad your ego on the internet chale'.

7 Likes

Re: Dodge Charger 2010 Hemi V8 Battery Cable Nearly Burnt Up My Car Today by Jacksolo4me(m): 12:26am On Sep 13, 2014
234CustomCars: ON A GOOD/SEXY DAY,this is a HUGE JOB for even the BEST shops/garages in the U.S.of A!! For someone to now tell me they wrecked their SRT-8 beyond repair but bought an SXT OR SE body and dropped a 6.1L engine into an engine bay that it wont even bolt into (different motor and transmission mounts........not to mention the brembo big-brake kit, computer system, completely different transmission, half-shafts, wire harnesses , cat-back exhaust and everything else necessary)and had this done by a NON-ASE-CERTIFIED MECHANIC IN................wait for it.................ABUJA It'd cost you more to get this insane conversion done than to buy an ACTUAL SRT-8 and thats taking into consideration that the 06-10s are now even going for under $20k!!! Negro you even said the car was so wrecked you had to get a new shell !! If the wreck was that bad, how in Saddam Hussein's name were you able to salvage ALL your mechanical parts from the SRT-8 ??Or whoever heard of a car that was totalled but still had all mechanical parts in perfect working order ? You were able to get your ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION out of the car but the TRADEMARK SRT-8 SEATS were lost in the accident ?? What happened , the seats caught fire but the engine didnt ?? This JOB would have been a FIRST OF IT'S KIND IN THE WORLD cos the PROFESSIONALS wont even attempt it. I WAS gonna let you quietly fade to black when I called you out for the fake SRT pic but you just couldn't walk away huh Any nigga who believes this fantastic story of yours needs to have his brain replaced with semolina!!!

You have a Dodge Charger. Be proud of it. Some niggas ride the bus, have keke-napeps etcs and they'd kill to be in your shoes. Don't make up bogus shit just to pad your ego on the internet chale'.

YEEZUS! .... lipsrsealed

Readone35L, do post a pic of the engine bay....saw some threads you came on at some point had mention of your SRT dodge Charger.

Even I am beginning to be skeptical with the salvage and conversion post.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do D1, D2 And D3 Do In Automatic Cars? / The 2016 Mercedes-benz GLE Coupe Or The 2015 BMW X6? / I Have Been Duped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.