Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

The Grace To Move Forward - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Grace To Move Forward (1935 Views)

Oritsejafor Has Fallen From Grace To Grass – Cardinal Okogie / Understanding The "Grace Of God" And The "Gospel Of Grace" / Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Grace To Move Forward by yommyuk: 3:57am On Jul 07, 2014
“I can’t take it.” “I give up.” “I quit.” These are powerful words which, when we act on them, deeply impact others’ lives as well as our own. Let’s look at three key things that could cause us to express such sentiments.

SATANIC INFLUENCE
First, Satan and his fallen angels’ influence can be a factor in our choice to walk away from God’s plan. Their involvement in our goings-on can tempt us to stop waiting on the Lord for solutions and instead seek a more immediate way out. But running ahead of God is the same as declaring that His promises don’t hold true. This is what the devil wants—he tries to redirect our focus away from hope in Jesus Christ and onto our negative emotions. His tactic is to make us feel discouraged and helpless so we will be less effective for the kingdom.

CULTURAL INFLUENCE
A second reason we stop following God’s plan is the influence of our culture. Ungodly people are always ready to give believers advice, and too often we find the world’s methods and “wisdom” attractive. Divine direction is needed if we are to set ourselves apart from nonbelievers’ thinking and yet stay close enough to be able to share God’s viewpoint and message of hope with them.

FLESHLY INFLUENCE
The inclinations of our natural self—known as “the flesh” (Rom. 8:cool—conflict with our new nature, tempting us to abandon God’s way. Sacrifice isn't comfortable; our innate tendency is to do what feels good and benefits us or those we love.

God declares that His grace is sufficient to keep us going in every situation. That means we need never give up. How does this apply to your life today?

Romans 8:18
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Philippians 3:14
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Romans 12:9
Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Pope Hugs Little Girl Who Askedhim Why God Allows Little Girlsbecome Prostitutes / Is It Like Pastor Chris Is Kinda Breaking Off From Freemason Doctrine / I Am An Atheist, How Will I Escape The Upcoming Ramadan Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.