Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,803 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice (7272 Views)

How Jollof Rice Was Served In A Party (pics) / How To Cook Concoction Rice / Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by Donfamous(m): 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
Can anyone pls enlightened me about the difference between this two. I actually thought they were the same, but someone said they were not without giving any valid point.
Re: Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by Redoil: 1:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
Fresh pepper are use In preparing jollof rice while dried pepper (ata gbigbe) or ata gungun (grinded pepper) is use in concotion
Re: Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by dyttt: 1:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
you add tin tomato to jollof and some more ingredients
depending on what u like
concoction is jst rice, pepper, u can decide to cook with ur meat, fish and all assorted
its lighhter in colour to jollof
Re: Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by egopersonified(f): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Where are the students in the house? Concotion is poverty striken jollof rice.

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by 5minsmadness: 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
Jollof rice has rules and a reputation. Concoction rice doesn't.

4 Likes

Re: Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by greatgod2012(f): 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
Food section please, you will get plenty plenty response there......

Btw, concortion rice to me is student's way of preparing emergency and more economical jollof rice....... grin grin
Re: Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by okirewaju(f): 8:05am On Jul 08, 2014
In cooking jollof rice you follow procedures like per boiling the rice,frying the onion, adding the tomato and allowing it to cook for sometime, etc

But with concortion rice,you basically ass the rice,tomato,pepper,onion,maggi,spices, etc at the spot then you put on the fire to cook
Re: Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by Donfamous(m): 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2014
Hmmmm. I'm learning
Re: Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by Donfamous(m): 1:32am On Aug 02, 2014
okirewaju: In cooking jollof rice you follow procedures like per boiling the rice,frying the onion, adding the tomato and allowing it to cook for sometime, etc

But with concortion rice,you basically ass the rice,tomato,pepper,onion,maggi,spices, etc at the spot then you put on the fire to cook
Re: Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by saiprojects(f): 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hi darling, Jollof rice is simply Jollof rice with no added meat, chicken or vegetables inside.. Concoction on the other hand, you can add meat, chicken, veggies and all sorts inside.. Follow my recipes here for an explanation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDppVpjkTng or http://saiprojectscooking..co.uk/2013/02/jollof-rice-with-peri-peri-chicken-and.html for better explanation...:-)

Donfamous: Can anyone pls enlightened me about the difference between this two. I actually thought they were the same, but someone said they were not without giving any valid point.
Re: Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by Donfamous(m): 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
saiprojects: Hi darling, Jollof rice is simply Jollof rice with no added meat, chicken or vegetables inside.. Concoction on the other hand, you can add meat, chicken, veggies and all sorts inside.. Follow my recipes here for an explanation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDppVpjkTng or http://saiprojectscooking..co.uk/2013/02/jollof-rice-with-peri-peri-chicken-and.html for better explanation...:-)

thnx. This'll really be helpful

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by LaRoyalHighness(f): 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
I use palm oil for my concoction rice while I use groundnut oil for my jollof rice..

I use scent leaf for my concoction rice while my jollof is cooked without scent leaf.

I put tomatoes in my jollof rice while my concoction rice is cooked without.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by anitaoluchi(f): 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
Ingredient for concoction rice are:rice,palm oil, onion,fresh pepper,creafish,cent leaf and dryfish maggi salt this re the rigth ingredient for it try it nd see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by Donfamous(m): 9:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
anitaoluchi: Ingredient for concoction rice are:rice,palm oil, onion,fresh pepper,creafish,cent leaf and dryfish maggi salt this re the rigth ingredient for it try it nd see
ok ma
Re: Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by Donfamous(m): 8:08am On Sep 06, 2014
egopersonified: Where are the students in the house? Concotion is poverty striken jollof rice.
poverty striken ke? U mean put oil, pepper, salt and ata gungun. And food is ready?
Re: Difference Between Jollof Rice And Concoction Rice by Chomzy19(f): 11:50am On Sep 06, 2014
Concotion rice is just d economical way of cooking jollof rice usually by students just d basics are added no tomatoes, fish meat and all that.. Just basic jollof rice ingredients wit perhaps a bit more curry for colour.

(1) (Reply)

Strange Potato (with Human Face) / Foods That Makes You Urinate. More Often / 12 Days Of Peakmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.