Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

The Six Necessary Ps Of Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Six Necessary Ps Of Life (1044 Views)

Necessary Skills And Certification Needed To Work In An Oil And Gas Firm / Article: The Frustration Of Life - Lordoftheweed / I Have MCSE: Is A+ Certification Necessary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Six Necessary Ps Of Life by papindinho(m): 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
First off, FrancisTony I'd like to take a leaf off your nice article and air my plain part.

The Six Necessary Ps

I could remember a quote from Joseph Ford: "God plays dice with the universe: it's our aim to find on what rules this dice is loaded and how to blend them to our end".

Based on the above presumption I see the 6 Ps as the tools towards the discovery and utilisation of the rules to our end:

1) Planning
2)Preparation
3)Problem
4)Perseverance
5)Perfection
6)Planning

Planning: This I must say is the foundation on which other bricks of processes are built. Planning in this context is borne out of the acceptance of the stance that you are responsible for your success or failure and thus you need to plan to achieve your choice of the two[b]. Proper planning they say- prevents poor performance. Every man should have a plan for his life. This plan is expected to embody his goals and dreams [b](well identified and properly outlined). I wonder why most of OAU freshers are clamouring "don't waste our time" to the ears of the SU and management (if they could hear). Thus, a minute should not be expended off the course of your plan. Your actions and intentions should surround the plan.

Preparation: at this stage the readiness of the mind is up and the morale is high. You look fresh and set for the tasks ahead and thus you garner all you may need enroute to your destination. materially or non-materially. Consult the oracles (those with similar or close destination's experience or read about your destination). You smile at this stage cause you relish the challenges ahead. Itakamus (c'mon).

Problem: you were fresh enroute to your destination then you hit a stone and stumbled. Panic not it's a mere exercise with reward. Just like Walter Bagchot said "expect problems and take them for breakfast". Be ready to face challenges that pose as problems. You're way stronger than whatever comes your way. When they come, chew them off.

Perseverance: okay, you're tired cause of the last P. C'mon, it's just a routine check on your tenacity. Accept the fact that challenges will come and you will prevail and must not stop or yield to stumbling off the course. When the weather is hot; cool yourself and when it's cold heat yourself and MOVE ON. You're all that matters.

Perfection: nobody is perfect? Yea; I know. I'm not trying to be perfect I'm trying to best my best. That should be your watchword. Always set the bar high and see where you end at the end. You can't settle for less.

Planning: I wrote it twice? Yes! At this stage you've attained your goal and you're concerned with the plans to give back to the society that gave you a platform to be who you are. You've risen above the confine of your self-concerned and have to help navigate righteously the broader stage where we have the concerns of others....

And round it goes again!!
Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: The Six Necessary Ps Of Life by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
Definitely great Ps to leave by - also add Poverty as another P.. keeping this perspective in hindsight will keep you forging ahead wink

1 Like

Re: The Six Necessary Ps Of Life by kllinxman(m): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
No.7 Prayer

1 Like

Re: The Six Necessary Ps Of Life by papindinho(m): 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
kllinxman: No.7 Prayer
apparently I omitted it advertently....

Have you ever wondered why God blesses even the atheists? It's funny but true. God has created us and all He has left is assessment and endorsement of our efforts. God is a fair being. Yea
Re: The Six Necessary Ps Of Life by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nice smiley

(1) (Reply)

Job Skills Test For You / 4 Ways To Build Habits That Can Makeyou More Successful / How Many Got Text From Joltmann Petrochemical Limited For Oral Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.