Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,147 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Silver Hair. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Silver Hair. (979 Views)

First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister / Nano Silver To End Ebola VĂ­rus In Nigeria! / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silver Hair. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
Silver hair is simply Grey hair.
Recently,I met a young guy whose hair,moustache and eyebrow had streaks of grey hair and he is barely 25! One thing he said that was so hilarious was that if he plucks one grey hair,two more will grow back. Well,truth is it's completely false.

So,here are questions you might ask-What is the cause? This guy aint old,why does he have grey hairs? Well,ponder on it no more.Here are some facts grey hair occur at an early age.

At some stage in life,bo th men and women will experience the on set of grey hair. Contrary to popular belief,greying hair isn't always related to ones age. Some people grey in their early 20's or 30's;this is called premature greying. Most times this reaction can be very upsetting.

Well,everybody is different but the pigment of our hair is generated in the same way. Initially,hair is white. The cell in our hair follicles called Melanocytes generate pigments,the main one being Melanin gives our hair its colour. In general,the more Melanin present,the darker the hair colour and vice versa. Failure for the melanocyte stem cells to maintain the production of melanocytes could cause the greying of hair.

Also,the main reason for hair turning grey is heredity. That is,if your mum/dad started going grey at a young age,then the chances are you'd suffer from premature grey hair. No two ways about it!

Stress can also cause grey hairs too.

Moreover,the Bible describes Silver/Grey hair as a "Crown of Glory" in Proverbs 16 vs 31. So,if you've streaks of grey hair at an early age,don't be ashamed anymore,you've-A Glorious Crown.

2 Likes

Re: Silver Hair. by JoeCutie(m): 5:57am On Jul 08, 2014
Awww, but I so don't want "A Glorious Crown" just yet. The 'crown' can wait till I clock 100. tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Silver Hair. by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 08, 2014
JoeCutie: Awww, but I so don't want "A Glorious Crown" just yet. The 'crown' can wait till I clock 100. tongue grin
same here o! I know this woman,she is around 70 or so and her grey hair or would I call it white hair is so beautiful u'd wish u had it. Hers is full,not scanty like some old folks... Infact,grey hair should only be for the oldies jare,it fits them better. The hormonal imbalance experienced by youngies is something I don't like entirely sha.

2 Likes

Re: Silver Hair. by JoeCutie(m): 8:03am On Jul 08, 2014
Jennimma:
same here o! I know this woman,she is around 70 or so and her grey hair or would I call it white hair is so beautiful u'd wish u had it. Hers is full,not scanty like some old folks... Infact,grey hair should only be for the oldies jare,it fits them better. The hormonal imbalance experienced by youngies is something I don't like entirely sha.
And grey hair would really look lovely on that your fine hair sef. tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Silver Hair. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 08, 2014
JoeCutie: And grey hair would really look lovely on that your fine hair sef. tongue grin
hahaha,and urs too
Re: Silver Hair. by KelvinGraphics(m): 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2014
Jennimma:
So that of Wole Soyinka doesnt fit him abi
Girls eehn... They will always want to claim all good/nice thingz suitz them most
Re: Silver Hair. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 08, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
So that of Wole Soyinka doesnt fit him abi
Girls eehn... They will always want to claim all good/nice thingz suitz them most
Soyinka's hair is cool and so full of wisdom. BTW,Kelvin i hope say dis one no b jealousy o. And by the way,I didn't claim grey hair o. Chukwu ekwela till I reach grannie age. Hehehe
Re: Silver Hair. by jackaaroneli: 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
While compared to previous days, This problem will see in many of the people, there is no age difference to face this problem. Actually, I will happen due to vitamin deficiency, better to take the best diet plan.

homeopathic software online

1 Like

Re: Silver Hair. by KelvinGraphics(m): 1:27pm On Jul 08, 2014
Jennimma:
Soyinka's hair is cool and so full of wisdom. BTW,Kelvin i hope say dis one no b jealousy o. And by the way,I didn't claim grey hair o. Chukwu ekwela till I reach grannie age. Hehehe
Lolz... Jelousy ke.
Nah, why should i be na. Iam not @all. I heard u say dat d grey hair lookz nice only women xo dats why i made mention of Wole Soyinka kuz i knw xo many ladies are crushing on him mainly kuz of that his fine hairgrin
BTW... Aw u dey? dont U think d grey hair will really look nyc on U now?
Re: Silver Hair. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
Lolz... Jelousy ke.
Nah, why should i be na. Iam not @all. I heard u say dat d grey hair lookz nice only women xo dats why i made mention of Wole Soyinka kuz i knw xo many ladies are crushing on him mainly kuz of that his fine hairgrin
BTW... Aw u dey? dont U think d grey hair will really look nyc on U now?
i didn't say anything o. I'm great. I dnt need grey hair now either,thank u
Re: Silver Hair. by PrinceAdepoju(m): 3:49pm On Jul 08, 2014
Nice post.
Re: Silver Hair. by JoeCutie(m): 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2014
Jennimma:
hahaha,and urs too
No dearie, just yours. Look at your head & hair you'd see what I'm telling you. E go fit am die. grin

1 Like

Re: Silver Hair. by KelvinGraphics(m): 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
JoeCutie: No dearie, just yours. Look at your head & hair you'd see what I'm telling you. E go fit am die. grin
Hey boy
Re: Silver Hair. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
JoeCutie: No dearie, just yours. Look at your head & hair you'd see what I'm telling you. E go fit am die. grin
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Silver Hair. by JoeCutie(m): 11:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
Hey boy
Dem dey worry you abi? -_-

1 Like

Re: Silver Hair. by JoeCutie(m): 11:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
Jennimma:
lipsrsealed
wink tongue grin
Re: Silver Hair. by KelvinGraphics(m): 8:51am On Jul 09, 2014
JoeCutie: Dem dey worry you abi? -_-
U no get respect 4 ur Uncle again abi??

(1) (Reply)

Health Wonders Of Wheat Germ Oil / 25 Dirtiest Things You Use Everyday / How To Get A Flat Tommy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.