Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,387 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

@Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... (4434 Views)

Mikel Is Part Of Our Problem – Chelsea’s Club Legend Reveals / Why Keeping John Obi Mikel Is Chelsea’s Best Transfer Move So Far This Summer / Mikel Is 7th Best Paid African Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

@Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
Amongst the players of the Super Eagles,only the Exception of Joseph Yobo who first featured for Nigeria U-20 in 1999 and Peter Osaze Odemwingbe who first featured for the Super Eagles in Afcon 2004 are currently using their real ages...Osaze played for one coach jide in Kaduna before playing in Belgium Insurance of Benin...Coach Jide in an exclusive chat with Brila F.M Sports Radio,Kaduna affirmed that he has held Osaze original birth certificate showing that his place of birth was in Moscow,Russia...I happen to meet Mikel's sister by divine providence..she revealed to me that Mikel Obi was actually 25 years old when he played the U-20 World Cup in Holland.... Any time i read funny threads and comments about Mikel on NL,i just start making squealing sounds like a mouse...He that is ignorant will just be deluded...Guys,save your breadth...Mikel is 34 years old...Pls,don't expect the frowardness he show-cased in 2005...His strength is failing him... Can a old car out-run a new car...Aside him being a age-cheat,Mikel Is Proud,Lazy and Unpatroitic...Jos residents are calling for the governor,Jonah Gyiang to impose heavy taxes on his father who runs an inter-state transport service...Isn't it the same Mikel that shielded Chelsea back four against Athlectico Madrid in the C.L and against Liverpool some weeks prior to the World CupOr Is he still angry against Nigerians that we didn't vote him making him loose out in the BBC EPL player award and the African Footballer Award.I think,for him it is payback time..my opinion though... .....Source-Me.....
Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
Personally, i dont believe in Football Age, how is it possible to cheat in this digital age, everyone is a droidist, even my grandpa was asking me how to suscribe for BIS.
Bottom Line
Mikel is not 34, he is a lazy 28 years old or wateva his age is,He just doesn put effort and perhaps if he was olaer than his real age,its no excuse for running a slow midfield
Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
Probably you live in yankee.in Naija,you can walk into a health clinic and get a birth certificate for as low as 500 naira...primary school certificate can be gotten with just a token sum of 200 naira..the introduction of MRI scan on player which is almost 95% accurate by FIFA is a step in da ryt direction to curb age cheats most expecially African.do u knw that Stanley Okoro was 30yrs when he played U-17 in 2009.go and ask residents of ABJ,he had 4 children then.now was has become of him?...guy,open your mind to possibilities.we are still backward technologically.
Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by Noble11(m): 8:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
Daninya1: Amongst the players of the Super Eagles,only the Exception of Joseph Yobo who first featured for Nigeria U-20 in 1999 and Peter Osaze Odemwingbe who first featured for the Super Eagles in Afcon 2004 are currently using their real ages...Osaze played for one coach jide in Kaduna before playing in Belgium Insurance of Benin...Coach Jide in an exclusive chat with Brila F.M Sports Radio,Kaduna affirmed that he has held Osaze original birth certificate showing that his place of birth was in Moscow,Russia...I happen to meet Mikel's sister by divine providence..she revealed to me that Mikel Obi was actually 25 years old when he played the U-20 World Cup in Holland.... Any time i read funny threads and comments about Mikel on NL,i just start making squealing sounds like a mouse...He that is ignorant will just be deluded...Guys,save your breadth...Mikel is 34 years old...Pls,don't expect the frowardness he show-cased in 2005...His strength is failing him... Can a old car out-run a new car...Aside him being a age-cheat,Mikel Is Proud,Lazy and Unpatroitic...Jos residents are calling for the governor,Jonah Gyiang to impose heavy taxes on his father who runs an inter-state transport service...Isn't it the same Mikel that shielded Chelsea back four against Athlectico Madrid in the C.L and against Liverpool some weeks prior to the World CupOr Is he still angry against Nigerians that we didn't vote him making him loose out in the BBC EPL player award and the African Footballer Award.I think,for him it is payback time..my opinion though... .....Source-Me.....
So whats your point?

1 Like

Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by todayguest(m): 8:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
Go find work do.

1 Like

Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
As for the Whistle blower of a coach seeking fame and cheap publicity, Osaze Peter Odemwingie was not born in Moscow Russia, he was born in Tashkent, Uzbekistan... Make people no dey lie. Mikel might have some attitudinal flaws, but he is not 34 years old. The government has no legal rights or backing to impose taxes anyhow on people; there is a stipulated amount for every individual or organisation. Leave Osaze/Stanley okoro/mikel and their families alone. Get busy and get a name! Simple!

5 Likes

Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
EmpressaDelRei: As for the Whistle blower of a coach seeking fame and cheap publicity, Osaze Peter Odemwingie was not born in Moscow Russia, he was born in Tashkent, Uzbekistan... Make people no dey lie. Mikel might have some attitudinal flaws, but he is not 34 years old. The government has no legal rights or backing to impose taxes anyhow on people; there is a stipulated amount for every individual or organisation. Leave Osaze/Stanley okoro/mikel and their families alone. Get busy and get a name! Simple!
am not a simpleton.i am a man armed wit 1st hand information.d backlash on Mikel is going out of hand.just trying to buttress my point that Mikel be left alone cux he is long past hix peak and has little to offer.it's high tym we call upon versalite n energised lads.its high tym we stop mikel this,mikel that.wat bcumz of players that age cheat?in 2009,Lukman Haruna was claiming 17,wat hax bcum of himwer is Rabiu Ibrahim d captain of da syd popularly called father in camp?old men.i actualy have a cousin wu made d final cut in dat squad...i rest my case...
Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by wordychap: 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
Mikel is above 34!
Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
I was here
Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:25am On Jul 08, 2014
[size=13pt]Nduka Ndubuisi, the Plateau United coach at the time explains:

"It's hard to explain his talent at such a tender age, but when we got him, we realised we had found the best young talent in the whole of Nigeria. The fans were critical of our decision to play a school boy, but he was outstanding in the few games he played at home."

John Mikel Obi came to the attention of Kashimawo Laloko through the Pepsi academy at the age of 12. James Ayeni, a coach at the academy recalls:

"He was one of my best players at that time. He was so thin yet so brave, and he also had a very good first touch."
[/size]
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/968926-john-mikel-obi-at-chelsea-or-the-choice-of-hercules-how-bad-choices-destroy

LIE LIE. Are you guys saying he looked like a school boy at 22-24 years.

2 Likes

Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:02am On Jul 08, 2014
[b]At least I know I can contribute to this conversation. I met Obi before Eguevon took the team to Finland 2003 if I am not mistaken. Believe me, that has to be the youngest ever u-17 team Nigeria has ever produced, and I believe Ogbuke or Okoronkwo was also part of that team. It wasn't a suprise we were quickly bundled out of the tourney.
I don't know if Eguevon didn't know what others 'Normally' do, but the team was far too young. Mikel was tall but no were near as tall and damn!
he was lanky. However one could tell even then, he was gifted on the ball.

I believe when folks finally took note was when they faced off against a Benin clubside, but 'Lere boys like us, don know say the boy had game.

Mikel is definitely young, don't know how young but very definitely close to what he says he is. Otherwise, Biology wey dem teach me in school wey say after 23, you can no longer grow is totally wrong.
Having said this, even on Cfcnet people were complaining once that he seems to be getting taller since he was bought and therefore is trying to adjust to his new height and size.

Hope this sooths people who had doubts, coming from person way see am teytey

.........Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:13 am by Okidoki in Indianapolis.[/b]

http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157060&start=23

2 Likes

Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:09am On Jul 08, 2014
I know for a fact that he grew after 2003 without a shadow of a doubt at least 2-4 inches. I am 6ft and my friend that used to parade Stadium with me David is like 6'2 and I know David was taller than Mikel at that point. Koc is supposed to have records of these things anyway. Its not about weight, if anything you weight will reduce your height.
This one Mikel seems to be getting taller and wider at the same time. Mikel was way smaller, both vertically and horizontally he was challenged compared to his present size.

Its sad that in Nigeria we don't keep records, at best we were the same height in 2003, today bobo is head and shoulders above me.

2 Likes

Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
Daninya1: am not a simpleton.i am a man armed wit 1st hand information.d backlash on Mikel is going out of hand.just trying to buttress my point that Mikel be left alone cux he is long past hix peak and has little to offer.it's high tym we call upon versalite n energised lads.its high tym we stop mikel this,mikel that.wat bcumz of players that age cheat?in 2009,Lukman Haruna was claiming 17,wat hax bcum of himwer is Rabiu Ibrahim d captain of da syd popularly called father in camp?old men.i actualy have a cousin wu made d final cut in dat squad...i rest my case...
I am not disputing the inclusion/selection of younger players, but do we have the facility/avenue to train/nurture them into becoming top players? Age cheat is common all over the world, I'm against it, but I can't condemn those who indulge in it (they have their reasons). I know a lot about football in Africa and Europe and in my own opinion, Africa is still behind.. Cheers
Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
Age cheating has always being a bane in the cug wheel of African players development.for e.g, i fink its only Onazi and Omeruo that are left amongst da lads that played da U-17 world cup hosted by Nigeria in 2009...
Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by Davidolives(m): 3:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt: [b]At least I know I can contribute to this conversation. I met Obi before Eguevon took the team to Finland 2003 if I am not mistaken. Believe me, that has to be the youngest ever u-17 team Nigeria has ever produced, and I believe Ogbuke or Okoronkwo was also part of that team. It wasn't a suprise we were quickly bundled out of the tourney.
I don't know if Eguevon didn't know what others 'Normally' do, but the team was far too young. Mikel was tall but no were near as tall and damn!
he was lanky. However one could tell even then, he was gifted on the ball.

I believe when folks finally took note was when they faced off against a Benin clubside, but 'Lere boys like us, don know say the boy had game.

Mikel is definitely young, don't know how young but very definitely close to what he says he is otherwise Biology wey dem teach me in school wey say after 23, you can no longer grow is totally wrong.
Having said this, even on Cfcnet people were complaining once that he seems to be getting taller since he was bought and therefore is trying to adjust to his new height and size.

Hope this sooths people who had doubts, coming from person way see am teytey

.........Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:13 am by Okidoki in Indianapolis.[/b]

kk

2 Likes

Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2014
Davidolives: your grammatical blunders tells it all. BTW eguevon took them to finland? smh if that was the youngest team ever taye taiwo too was dat age? brother do your research well
First of all, that is not my post. I copied it from a forum and pasted it. I also pasted the link. It was a discussion made in 2009 on a forum.

Also Taiye Taiwo was not in that squad. You are online, do your researches.

See the Wiki page of the squad members in Finland 2003 U17.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_FIFA_U-17_World_Championship_squads
Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by snadguy007(m): 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
Na wa o. Dis one wey u carry mikel matter put for head like people wey dey sell gala for inside hold-up. U no go face ur own life ??
Re: @Age Cheat;Mikel Is Actually 34 Years..... by Arsenate(m): 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2014
chaii. Na like so lie the spread before u know e don turn true.
OK lemme tell you something @op, I attended the same primary school as Mikel back in my favorite city of jos. I remember very well I was 2 years Mikel's senior; he was in primary 3 I was in 5. then I was 9 years old and that was 20 years ago. you cant possible imply that Mikel was 15 years old and in class 3
you see, age cheat was/is a common occurrence among Nigerian footballers but believe me Mikel was so talent he rose so fast such that there was no much need for age reduction in his case. at 17(true age too) he was already playing in the Nigeria premiere league for plateau united.
I know y'all will find it difficult to believe but mikel's real age is somewhere between 26-29. most guys in jos will understand what I'm saying.
stop spreading falsehood.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Wayne Rooney Thanks Illuminati After Equaling Englans'scoring Record / Keshi, Amokachi Agree Pay Cut For Afcon Pundits Duty / Photos: Joseph Yobo's Gorgeous Wife, Adaeze, Posts Some Hawt Selfies!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.