Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Kalu Offers To Save Nigerian Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kalu Offers To Save Nigerian Football (461 Views)

5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say / Uche Kalu's Wife, Ada's Pregnancy Shoot / Arsene Wenger Offers To Train Nigerian Coaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kalu Offers To Save Nigerian Football by manuch(m): 7:24pm On Jul 08, 2014
AS the crisis in Nigerian football continues, former Governor of Abia State and one time presidential aspirant, Orji Uzor Kalu has declared his readiness to sacrifice his political ambitions to save the dwindling fortunes of Nigerian football.

Kalu, who made this known during a chat with the media Monday in Abuja, regretted that the fortunes of football in the country has continued to nosedive, even as the government has given more financial backing to the development of the game.

He stressed that what the sector requires at this time is a person with clout and strong financial background that would not look at the avenues of enriching him selves at the expense of the development of the game.

He noted that rather than the administrators of football in the country to focus on measures that would move the country to greater footballing height; it has continued to cause international embarrassments to the country over trivial issues like players’ bonus.

Kalu noted that FIFA has no reasons to sanction Nigeria over the decisions of the extra ordinary congress of the NFF, adding that if the decisions were taken in line with the provisions of the NFF and FIFA statutes, it stands to be ratified and approved by the world football governing body.

“I have to take time to appraise what is happening in Nigerian football because I have not been around for sometime. But I believe that what is right is worth doing well. If the leadership of Nigerian football is deemed not fit to manage the affairs of our football, they should be changed.

“What we need now is to reform our football because the level of our football has passed this entire struggling thing we are doing. FIFA must understand our position if we do the right thing by effecting the change. But I would not support the effort if it is done out of politics.

(1) (Reply)

World Cup 2014: Nigeria Deserved To Lose … I Rejoiced / Breaking News / Suarez Signing Is A Big Mistake :johan Cruyff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.