Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,849 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS (1383611 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:39pm On Nov 11, 2016
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2016

PRAYING ARIGHT IN PROBLEMS

"And one told David, saying Ahithophel is among the conspirators with Absalom, and David said. O LORD, I pray thee turn the counsel of Ahithophel into foolishness" (2 Samuel 15:31).

Prayer, as the popular chorus says, "is the master key." Prayer is the greatest weapon of war. It works better and faster than any human weapon. You might have probably sung also, "Nothing prayer cannot do. Jesus answers prayers."

Why is it that many Christian youths still remain in their problems after fasting and praying? One reason is that: many don't pray aright. Accept it. The prayer of David was not only definite and timely, but also scriptural. David was not praying that God should kill Ahithophel, his once respected counsellor who unfortunately turned against him. His prayer was also directed to God, not an angel. He believed God would answer his prayer. If David had prayed wrongly, he would have been overthrown and killed by Absalom, his son.

To have answers to our prayers, let's learn to pray aright like David. What's that challenge before you now? Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Challenge: "God answers prayers"

Prayer: "Give me grace O God, to pray aright always"

Quote: "Take it to God in prayer"

Further Reading: Jeremiah 33: 1-3; Matthew 7: 7-11

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2016
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2016

ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH

"And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon; and it shall be, when thou wilt ease thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and shalt turn back and cover that which cometh from thee" (Deuteronomy 23:13).

Did you know that your environment and your health are connected? Your environment is everything around you - the air, water, the places where your food is grown or prepared etc. When your environment is not safe and healthy, you are exposed to health risks. In fact, 25% of all diseases worldwide are caused by something harmful in the environment.

Our physical environment can affect us negatively in many ways: Poor air quality, contaminated water, bad raw food and exposed cooked food, noise and a generally dirty environment are harmful to mental and physical health. By contrast, an organised environment can make us feel safe, motivated, and relaxed.

Did you know also that your social and spiritual environment if polluted can make you sick and die spiritually? Possibly, in your school or community there are youngsters who are into cults and immoral activities, avoid them. Friends that are evil spirit possessed are dangerous. Avoid spiritual contamination (2 Corinthians 6:14-16).

Challenge: "An organised environment can make you feel safe"

Prayer: "O God, help me to keep a healthy environment"

Quote: "Avoid spiritual contamination"

Further Reading: Exodus 3: 5

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2016
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2016

PROTECTION IN GOD'S PRESENCE

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness" (Isaiah 41:10).

What do we seek protection from? Most often it is from physical assaults, spiritual attacks, immoral influences and persecution of all kinds. At such times, some Christians are full of fear. If God is your Father and you are loyal to Him, He will protect you in times of trouble. He protected Prophet Elisha and his servant by providing an invisible army when the King of Syria surrounded the city with armed soldiers to arrest Elisha. Elisha's servant cried out, "Alas, my master! How shall we do?" Now relate this question to your situation. What would you do when tempted? What would you do if you were arrested for standing for Christ? Elisha told his servant, "Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them" (2 Kings 6:16). Yes, that is the answer: fear not, just pray, trusting God for deliverance. God was with Daniel in the lions' den. He will not forget you.

Challenge: "If God be for us, who can be against us?"

Prayer: "O God, let my confidence in you never wane"

Quote: "Fear thou not"

Further Reading: Romans 8:31

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:17am On Nov 15, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2016

CHRIST'S MILLENNIAL REIGN

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power" (Revelation 20:6).

The Millennial Reign is a period of 1,000 years when Christ will reign physically here on earth. According to God's time-table; the church will suddenly be taken away by Christ in a mysterious event known as the Rapture. Then will follow a period of Great Tribulation which is a time of intense suffering for everyone on earth. Before the commencement of the millennial reign, Satan will be bound a thousand years and unable to influence mankind. Thus, the millennial reign will be a wonderful period of Jesus Christ's supreme authority when victorious Christians will reign with Christ. There will be complete cessation of the scourge of wars; it would be a period of peace, comfort, unspeakable joy, justice, prosperity and preservation of lives. Apostate church and backsliders would not partake in Christ's millennial reign. Only the poor in spirit (those who recognized their state of spiritual poverty and are willing to turn away from sin and surrender to Christ). Don't miss it!

Challenge: "No Christian should miss the Millennial Reign of Christ"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to live right to reign with you"

Quote: "Don't miss it"

Further Reading: Revelation20:1-10

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15pm On Nov 16, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2016

SATISFYING SOLUTIONS

"And the counsel of Ahithophel, which he counseled in those days, was as if a man had inquired at the oracle of God" (2 Samuel 16: 23).

Our text says that the counsel of Ahithophel was as if a man inquired from the Oracle of God. When people receive counsel from a true man of God and obey without hesitation it brings abundant blessings. Ahihophel's counsels were received like that. However, Ahithophel's wise counsel to Absalom still failed in overthrowing his father. It was not that Ahithophel made a mistake in his counsel, the fact was that God answered David's prayer by turning the sound counsel to foolishness (2 Samuel 15:31). God answered David's prayer because Ahithophel was counselling Absalom to do evil, to go against God's will.

To enjoy God's blessings, you must avoid bad friends and evil advisers so that you don't end up dying shamefully like Absalom or committing suicide like Ahithophel. Like David, learn to take your challenges to God or God fearing leaders for satisfying solutions. As a Christian youth be wary of counsels from unbelievers, backsliders and Christians who do not listen to God.

Challenge: "Take counsels from trusted God fearing leaders"

Prayer: "Lord, may I not listen to leaders who do not listen to you"

Quote: "Avoid evil advisers"

Further Reading: Proverbs 11:14

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2016

THE STAYING POWER IN SUFFERING

"If we suffer, we shall also reign with Him: if we deny Him, He also will deny us" (2 Timothy 2:12).

"The fact of suffering undoubtedly constitutes the single greatest challenge to the Christian faith," wrote John Scott. Suffering is the experience of physical pain and emotional /or mental distress. It is the consequence of the fall of man in the Garden of Eden thereby exposing man constantly to the perils of nature and those that are man-made.

Some human sufferings are the direct consequence of sin - violation of God's moral and spiritual laws. These also include what we suffer when others violate our human rights or persecute us for Christ's sake. Indeed, the Bible says, "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (2 Timothy 3:12).

We must not see suffering, of which all are partakers, as something strange. Our Lord Jesus Christ suffered hunger, humiliation and endured the death of the cross. Suffer with Jesus to reign with Him. In the new heaven and new earth, there will be no suffering. God knows all we suffer; He is with us in trouble and has perfect plans for us. This is our staying power in suffering.

Challenge: "Never give up, your redemption draweth nigh"

Prayer: "Lord help me to PUSH (Persevere Under Serious Harassment)"

Quote: "Suffer to reign with Him"

Further Reading: 2 Corinthians 4:8-18

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:02pm On Nov 18, 2016
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, November 18, 2016

STAY STRONG AND STEADFAST

"Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong" (1 Corinthians 16: 13).

W. E. Corey once said, "It is not always the smartest man who gets along the best; it is the man with bulldog tenacity, the man who perseveres and never gives up, who succeeds."

Christians are called upon to watch, to be always circumspect and to be continually on their guard. You are to watch against evil; watch for opportunities to receive and do good; watch over each other in love; watch, that none may draw you aside from the belief and unity of the Gospel. Watch lest you be ensnared by the devil; keep all your sentinels at their posts, lest your enemies steal a march upon you. See that your faith is properly defended.

The youth, having great physical power and ability, is required to stay strong and steadfast in watchfulness. Put on the whole armour of God (Ephesians 6:10-18) for maintaining and propagating the truth of the Gospel. Your cause is good; it is the faith of Jesus; He is your Captain in the field; and, should you even die in the fight of faith, the victory is yours.

Challenge: "Fear not, for fear will enervate you"

Prayer: "Help me Lord to stay strong and steadfast"

Quote: "Your cause is good"

Further Reading: Ephesians 6:10-18

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2016
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2016

GIVE TO BE GIVEN

"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom" (Luke 6:38).

It was Richard Brainstein who said, "It is possible to give without loving, but it is impossible to love without giving." Without giving to God and one another, and being given correspondingly, there will be nothing in civil society, and even in Christian congregations, but divisions, evil surmising, injurious discourses, outrages, anger and vengeance.

Let us give, neither out of mere human generosity, nor out of vanity, but for the sake of God, if we would have Him place it to account. So great is the goodness of God, that, when he might have absolutely commanded us to give to our neighbour, he vouchsafes to invite us to this duty by the prospect of a reward. God will reward you beyond imagination as you give to someone today.

However, for your giving to attract maximum returns, you have to first give God of your best" your loyal devotion, heart's adoration. Give Him first place in your heart and service. Give Him the strength of your youth. Give Him the best that you have.

Challenge: "Give a gift to someone today"

Prayer: "Lord, open my eyes to see a need in the life of others"

Quote: "Give God your best"

Further Reading: Malachi 3:8-12

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:52pm On Nov 20, 2016
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2016

TRUSTED BEST TEACHER

"The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles..." (John 3: 2).

Nicodemus came to Jesus by night because he had matters of utmost importance on which he wished to consult Christ. Valerie Wilson once said, "The subject matter of Jesus' teaching was largely abstract; it was spiritual. Therefore it was necessary to relate it to His pupils in terms of the concrete." Nicodemus, Christ's pupil here, chose the night season perhaps not due to the fear of man but borne out of a desire to have Jesus alone, as he found Him all the day encompassed with the multitude; so that he could not reach Him to speak fully on those weighty affairs concerning which he intended to consult him. Nicodemus knew Jesus Christ as "Rabbi," a word which signified a person who not only had the name of teacher, but who actually did teach, a title of respect given to the Jewish doctors, something like our Doctor of Divinity today. Plainly, Jesus told him to be born again. Are you born again? Seek a quiet time with Jesus for your salvation. He is a teacher you can trust.

Challenge: "Teach to influence man in the body, soul and spirit"

Prayer: "Lord, teach me to apply my heart to your Word"

Quote: "A teacher you can trust"

Further Reading: John 7:32-53

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by ScienceWatch: 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
THIS IS WHAT A THEOLOGY PROFFESSOR SAID ABOUT PROPHET TB JOSHUA. Here is an extract from Professor Willem Ouweneel’s experience at the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria ; Daily, 24hrs per day, mind-blowing demonstrations of scientifically verifiable miracles, signs, prophecy and wonders can also be seen on Emmanuel TV and youtube.com Professor Ouweneel is a theology and philosophy professor at several colleges and theological faculties. He is the author of over 100 books. He lives in the Netherlands, where he was born.

Prof. Willem Ouweneel states. ”I have seen many of the false criticisms about Prophet TB Joshua on websites and in newspapers and I am very angry with some of the criticisms as they are totally unfair and just repeating the mistakes (or even lies) others have made.”

“They are people who are not in a position to really judge, people who pick on certain sentences in sermons which they do not understand in the African context and in the context of the rest of his ministry. That is a very cheap way of criticizing. It reminds me very strongly on what the Pharisees did who judged the Lord Jesus from their own framework of thought and put him in the category of the devil.” (Matthew 12).
“I am satisfied as to the integrity of T.B. Joshua's ministry says Professor Ouweneel. I have no doubt about that. I asked him some difficult questions just to find out for myself about his personal honesty, and I have been satisfied as to that.”

“Also I believe him to be thoroughly sound on all the basic doctrines of Christianity. It is only when people consciously or unconsciously misread certain statements that misunderstandings and mean insinuations are born. But you can do that with anyone's ministry, take sermons apart and condemn the preacher. That has been done with T.B. Joshua. But on the whole he is absolutely sound when it comes to all the major points of Christian doctrine.”
okotv:
Lord teach me to always give thanks in every situation
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by ScienceWatch: 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
WHY THERE IS NO MIRACLE, SIGNS AND WONDERS.

See the miraculous power of Jesus Christ in action. All this was first for the Jews !
Scoan Church Nigeria’s power with the holy Prophet TB Joshua is unstoppable !!
He is just the greatest living and verifiable prophet on earth now.
Scoan Church Nigeria was personally examined by the following highly respected persons;
1) PROMINENT DUTCH THEOLOGIAN PROFESSOR WILLEM J. OUWENEEL ABOUT PROPHET T.B. JOSHUA AND THE SCOAN, LAGOS, NIGERIA. Professor Ouweneel holds doctorates in biology (Utrecht), philosophy (Amsterdam) and theology (Bloemfontein, RSA).
He concluded that his experience at Scoan was awesome.

2) Renowned global evangelist, P.S. Upthegrove’s who had successfully pastored AA Allen’s church as a minister.
He concluded that he was on Holy ground at Scoan.
He recounted how seeing such power demonstrated reminded him of all he had witnessed through ministers of God such as Oral Roberts, AA Allen, William Branham and RW Shambach who he had the privilege to work with and know personally.

3) Group from New Zealand:
Among our group there were three senior pastors, two evangelists and two men leading major Christian work in New Zealand. Between us we had 180 years of ministry.
Our conclusion was that this is truly a work of God.

4) The Religious Monitoring Group have investigated Joshua and the Synagogue, Church of All Nations and have concluded that he is a man of God.

5) God only reveals His top secrets to those He loves. He revealed the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ to Prophet Isaiah. In the same vein, Jesus Christ revealed who Prophet TB Joshua is to His beloved servant, late Prophet (Dr.) Akin Adewole, shepherd of the Celestial Church of Christ, Opopo Igbala Parish, Ikola Road, Ipaja, Lagos sometime in 1995.
He concluded that TB Joshua is a Prophet of God.

Only an insane or demon possessed person will even attempt to argue with truth that can also be scientifically verified. Although God don’t need science to make Himself known.
OLAADEGBU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdygPN7A2vU

Higher Everyday
Friday, August 8, 2014

GIFT OF HOLY GHOST

TEXT: "We are His witnesses and also the Holy Ghost, Whom God hath given to them that obey Him" (Acts 5: 32)

The Holy Ghost was given to believers in Christ as a gift from God. The fulfilment of that promise was clearly manifested in the life and ministry of the Apostle Peter and his colleagues as they declared to the rulers that they had the Holy Ghost. The Spirit has a special role to play in the life of the believer. Any believer without the Holy Spirit is like a flying aeroplane without the aviation fuel. Do you have the Holy Ghost?

That would not be a wrong boasting, but please be informed that the Holy Ghost is given to you for the fulfilment of a specific responsibility—that of being a witness for the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 1:4, 8.) You must desire daily to fulfil the purpose of the Holy Spirit in your life. The power of the Holy Spirit will make you to be more fruitful in soul winning.

Challenge: "Make up your mind to be a witness for Jesus"

Prayer: "Father, fill me with your Spirit."

Further Reading: Acts 8:3-8

Quotation:: "Are you are a witness of the Lord?"

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:13am On Nov 21, 2016
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2016

LEAVE LYING

"But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?" (Acts 5:3).

Ananias' heart was filled to lie to, or deceive the Holy Ghost. Every lie is told with the intention to deceive. Would Ananias have known that the Omniscient God cannot be deceived? "We may deceive all the people sometimes; we may deceive some of the people all the time, but not all the people all the time, and not God at any time," said Abraham Lincoln.

Ananias wanted to deceive the apostles and the Holy Spirit under whose influence they operated. The use of the word 'filled' by Peter in this verse has shown that it was a common belief, as well among the heathens as among the Jews and Christians, that, when a man did evil, he was excited to it by the influence and malice of an evil spirit.

No man commits sin unless impelled to it by selfish interest and the agency of the devil. The words of Peter here prove that such an agency is not fictitious. Christian youths do not tell lies. It is a sin and the consequence, hell except you repent.

Challenge: "Tell the truth and shame the devil always"

Prayer: "Lord, give me the courage to be true at all times"

Quote: "Do not tell lies"

Further Reading: Acts 5: 1-11

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22, 2016

PROFANE PEOPLE

"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient and unto every good work reprobate" (Titus 1:16).

The profane person does not honour God; he disobeys His commands. It is not a true religion that lacks the fear of, reverence for and obedience to God and His Word. Going to Church, doing service at fellowship, singing and loud prayers are taking the place of true religion today. Hence, Eugene Peterson said, "There is a great market for religious experience in our world, there is little enthusiasm for the patient acquisition of virtue, little inclination to sign up for a long apprenticeship in what earlier generations of Christians called holiness."

Do you know God? Do you pursue holiness daily or are you full of religious profession, but lacking in good works? Apostle James taught that we should visit and care for the needy and avoid worldliness. There are profane people who call themselves Christians in our schools, colleges and society, but do not do what God says, rather they commit sin, condemn the righteous and try to defend their wrong beliefs. The profane are not fit for heaven. If you are one, you must repent now.

Challenge: "By their fruits we shall know them"

Prayer: "O God, Help me to be a true Christian"

Quote: "You must repent"

Further Reading: 1 John 2: 2-6

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56am On Nov 24, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2016

FORGET FORMER FOOLISHNESS

"For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy" (Titus 3:3).

"Stop looking at where you have been and start looking at where you can be," said Mike Murdock. Many youths waste so much time looking at either the good or bad past that they fail to move on in life.

Yesterday is gone into eternity; today is your day of opportunity; grab it fast and live it full of actions that will not be regretted tomorrow.
It is possible the devil is still attempting to paint before you a picture of your sinful past though you have repented of them and restituted. However, if there is a lurking desire in your heart for the past sins, that is a sign of backsliding in the heart which must be repented of.

Beloved, if God in His mercy has set you free by His Son Jesus, why do you lack assurance of salvation? Confessed and forsaken sins are gone into the sea of God's forgetfulness, be they lying, stealing, fornication or fighting. You too should forget your former foolishness, no matter what Satan, the accuser of the brethren, says.

Challenge: "He who does not look ahead remains behind"

Prayer: "O God, help me to put away bad memories of the past"

Quote: "Yesterday is gone"

Further Reading: Isaiah 43:25, 26

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48pm On Nov 25, 2016
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2016

TEARFUL SOWING TIME

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him" (Psalms 126:5,6).

Brother John Bunyan was kept in a Bedford, England jail for 12 years-banished for his love for his Saviour. But it was in jail, he penned the greatest and best work of his life, Pilgrim's Progress, which has for centuries remained a well read Christian classic. During his incarceration, Bunyan wrote: I was in prison, and I sat me down and wrote and wrote, for the joy did make me write." He has rested off his labours, gone for his rewards.

Weeping must not hinder sowing for time and eternity. Witnessing for Christ is a commission you must carry out in safety and in danger, in comfort and in discomfort. Do not leave off doing good when things are difficult; it is the sowing time. Share the gospel whenever there is an opportunity and where there is none, create one. Those called in their youth to serve are privileged. It's your sowing time too, and let the Lord count on you in this end time harvest.

Challenge: "The hope of reward sweetens labour"

Prayer: "Lord, give me grace to sow seeds for the harvest time"

Quote: "It's your sowing time"

Further Reading: Luke 8:5-8

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2016
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2016

DANGER OF DOUBTING GOD

"Yea, they spake against God; they said, can God furnish a table in the wilderness?" (Psalms 78:19).

C.H. Spurgeon said in his sermon entitled, 'The Danger of Doubting God that,' "To doubt the kindness, the faithfulness and the love of God is a very heinous offense!"

Many youths think doubt is the opposite of faith, but it is not. Unbelief is the opposite of faith. It refers to a wilful refusal to believe, while doubt means inner uncertainty. To distrust the certainty of God is very dangerous. It leads to unbelief which is a great sin. Doubting God makes him a liar. The children of Israel in our text enjoyed the faithfulness of God and yet doubted and murmured against Him and were destroyed in the wilderness.

You cannot always control what you hear, but you can control what you store in your heart. Satan daily presents us with evil thoughts that belittle the capability of God. We must "bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:5). We should pray without doubting, read and obey God's Word and speak edifying words that inspire people to believe in God despite situations of life.

Challenge: "Resolve to act on your Faith, not your Doubts"

Prayer: "Help me Lord, to trust you in the face of raging storms"

Quote: "Believe in God"

Further Reading: Exodus 16:3

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2016

A MISUSED TONGUE

"And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman" (Numbers 12: 1).

Miriam was the elder sister of Moses. She was referred to as the "First Lady of Exodus" because of her key role in Israel's journey to the Promised Land. Although, a prophetess in her own right, she became rather too familiar with Moses, the man of God. Miriam along with Aaron criticised Moses for marrying an Ethiopian woman. It was a case of busy-body gone too far. God did not take the gossip about Moses' personal life from them lightly. He became really angry with Miriam and Aaron for the position they took in a matter that did not concern them. As young people, you are supposed to love, respect and be close to your parents, teachers and spiritual leaders. But you must resist the temptation of becoming too familiar with them as to look down upon them. There is always a consequence when you despise other people, whether they are your elders or not. You must also not gossip about your friends or relations like Miriam did. My child, watch what wags your tongue.

Challenge: "It is bad to think ill, but it is worse to speak it"

Prayer: "Lord, keep me from the sin of slander"

Quote: "Watch what wags your tongue"

Further Reading: Proverbs 8:5, 7

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:16am On Nov 28, 2016
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2016

IF STUDENT, THEN STUDY!

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2: 15).

Someone said, "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." If you don't study, what will you do when your chance comes?

Education is like a big field; as the farmer opens up the soil to sow and reap later, so the student opens his books to read for anticipated success. Hear Horatius Bonar: "Shall this life of mine be wasted? Shall this vineyard lie untilled? Then, no longer idly dreaming, Shall I fling my years away; But each precious hour redeeming, Wait for the eternal day.

The great achievers of today studied hard when they were young. As youth, you are supposed to work hard on your studies for excellence in your examinations and future career. You must also read the Bible and other good Christian literatures to deepen your faith in God. There is no shortcut to success.

Challenge: "The tortoise wins the race while the hare is sleeping"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to be a studious student"

Quote: "No short cut to success"

Further Reading: Joshua 1:8

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:43am On Nov 29, 2016
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:44am On Nov 29, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2016

THE YIELDED YOUTH

"I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart" (Psalm 40:8.)

In his book, My utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers said, "There is only one thing God wants in us, and that is unconditional surrender."

David in our text must have had a lot of things pulling his attention away from God but he was determined and resolved within his heart to allow God's Word to rule over every affair of his life; little wonder God referred to him as a man after His heart. Can God give the same testimony about you?

It is so unfortunate today that many youths still secretly indulge in sexual immorality and other vices instead of living to please God. Have you yielded your life fully to God without conditions? Only those who do, have passion for holiness or Christian perfection. When your heart is yielded to God, you would find it easy to say no to sin and serve God wherever you are. Heavenly rewards await God-yielded youths.

Challenge: "A heart yielded to God's will, is a life fulfilling His purpose"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to yield my all to you in Jesus' name"

Quote: "Heavenly rewards await you"

Further Reading: Psalm 119:9; 51:2

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2016

FAIR-WEATHER FRIENDSHIP

"Having loved his own which were in the world, He loved them to the end" (John 13:1b)

There should not be fair-weather friendship among Christians; the Bible teaches that a friend loves at all times. Fellow Christians are true friends as well as brothers and sisters.

Read this poem by Ella W. Wilcox with me and examine your friendship. "Rejoice, and men will seek you; Grieve, and they turn and go; They want full measure of all your pleasure, But they do not want your woe. Be glad, and your friends are many; Be sad, and you lose them all - There are none to decline your nectared wine, But alone you must drink life's gall."

As a youth, follow the Holy writ's counsel in your relationship. It says, "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep." Be born again and follow Christ's example in friendship. He loved His own to the end.

Challenge: "Relationships are not built on selfishness"

Prayer: "O God, I need sincerity in my relationships"

Quote: "Follow Christ's example"

Further Reading: John 15:12-15

See more at:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2016

CONFIDE IN YOUR COUNSELLOR

"Now why dost thou cry out aloud? Is there no king in thee? Is thy counselor perished? For pangs have taken thee as a woman in travail" (Micah 4:9)

It is surprising that with so many social, emotional and academic challenges facing students, most of them never go to their counsellors throughout their academic career. Benjamin Franklin warns: "He that won't be counselled can't be helped."

It is not reasonable for anyone to hide his problems till they worsen. Whether the problem is spiritual, in the area of health, choice of subjects, career, academic or negative social habits, see your counsellor for help. Some students avoid going for personal counselling because of fear of lack of confidentiality. A good professional counsellor is, however, trustworthy.

The Bible tells us that, "Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established" (Proverbs 15:22). The Christian youth has many sources of help: the school counsellor, Christian leaders, and most especially, the Holy Ghost, our Great Counsellor. Pray and avoid worry.

Challenge: "The counsellor will help you solve your problems"

Prayer: "Lord, give me courage to seek counsel"

Quote: "See your counsellor for help"

Further Reading: Proverbs 10:18

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31am On Dec 03, 2016
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2016

CHASING WHAT?

"For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, not working at all, but are busybodies" (11 Thessalonians 3:11)

A story is told about a farmer, whose dog always sat by the roadside and barked furiously, attempting to overtake any passing vehicle. One day, one of the farmer's neighbours, who had been watching this fruitless chase, asked the farmer: Do you think your dog is ever going to catch a car? The farmer replied: That is not what bothers me. What bothers me is what he would do if he ever caught one.

Do not behave like this visionless dog, which would make vigorously but meaningless chase, not only wasting precious time, but also making itself stupid in the eyes of the passers-by. If your goals in life are meaningless, you will live a meaningless life.

Remember that God has good intentions and plans for every one of His children and wants them to succeed in life. For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. In everything you do or want to chase, seek the face of God always; He will lead you.

Challenge: "Life is a journey, stay focused"

Prayer: "O God, may I not be a wind chaser, in Jesus' name"

Quote: "Seek the face of God always"

Further Reading: 2 Thessalonians 3:7 - 12

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05pm On Dec 03, 2016
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2016

SAINTS' "CAN DO" SPIRIT

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:5)

In one of his books, John L. Mason counsels: "What you believe is the force that determines what you accomplish or fail to accomplish."
King Saul of Israel and his army thought that no one could face Goliath of Gath in combat and lived in fear and reproach in the battlefield for days. But young David came with his "can do" spirit and urged Saul to allow him face and slay the boasting Goliath, which he did.

What is it that you think is too hard for you to do? Your mind deceives you to say, "I can't understand this subject. I can't pass this examination. I can't overcome this stage fright. I can't be healed." There is no end to the negative things the devil can suggest to you. But as a child of God, you have already overcome the devil and the world.

So, beloved, shout it out loud to your mind, the world and the devil: "I can do all things through Christ Jesus!" Praise God! You can and you can do the impossible, in Jesus' name!

Challenge: "You can achieve every good thing you desire"

Prayer: "O God, help me to achieve my heart's desires"

Quote: "You can do the impossible"

Further Reading: Luke 1:37

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14pm On Dec 04, 2016
Higher Everyday
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2016

THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: eat and drink, saith he to thee, but his heart is not with thee" (Proverb 23: 7)

It was David J. Schwartz who said, "The fellow who thinks he is inferior, regardless of what his real qualification may be, is inferior. For thinking regulates actions."

When 10 of the 12 spies said, "We be not able to go up against the people for they are stronger than we," they shut themselves out of the Land of Canaan forever. But Caleb was able to enter the land because he confessed positively when he said; "We are well able to overcome it" (Numbers 14:30 - 31).

Many people don't know how to control their thinking, accommodating all kinds of negative thoughts in their minds. A thought may come to you, but you can choose to accept or reject it. A teenage girl who told her mother that she was going to be a gay, must have been thinking about it. As Ron Smith says, "One is neither a fornicator nor a homosexual constitutionally. One becomes a fornicator or a homosexual by letting the thought become an act." Do not allow your mind to dwell on evil things. Read and meditate on God's word and let it rule your mind.

Challenge: Replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts

Prayer: Lord, help me to think positively at all times

Quote: Read and meditate on God's word

Further Reading: Romans 12:2

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
Higher Everyday
MONDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2016

EXCELLENCE IN ENDEAVOURS

"Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all" (Proverbs 31:29)

Erstwhile world renowned neurosurgeon, Ben Carson in his book, Think Big, said that, "Students who excel academically, read extensively."

Olaoluwa H. Oluwadara, the acclaimed youngest Ph.D. holder in Africa, knew this secret of success well. At 18, he had made two First Degrees (first class in Mathematics and Physics) and two Master Degrees in the same subjects from the Central African Republic. At the University of Lagos, Nigeria, he made the best result in his Ph.D. course at 24. "I spent time studying and researching both at home and in school. I also had time to pray in the morning and attend church services," he said about his success. His father (an engineer) is a missionary with the Deeper Christian Life Ministry.

You can succeed because God has a perfect plan for your life. In one of my books, I said, "Work, hard work must accompany faith, visions and dreams." If you want to have excellence in your career and Christian service, you must work. I will see you at the top!

Challenge: "You are cut out for success and not failure"

Prayer: "O Lord, Let me excel in all my endeavours"

Quote: "Hard work must accompany faith"

Further Reading: Joshua 1: 8; Job 22:28

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:32am On Dec 06, 2016
Higher Everyday
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2016

MOVE YOUR MOUNTAINS

"That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe" (Mark 11:23)

It is not naturally possible to move a mountain. At best we can, with modern technology, blast it into pieces with dynamites. Actually, the Bible is referring to mountains of problems or challenges facing man. If you have experienced a serious illness, financial lack, or difficulty in passing an important examination, then the enormity of your challenges will make you understand what God means by mountains in human life. No matter the size of our mountains, with faith in God, we can move them.

George Mueller warns that certain actions and states of heart can make the exercise of faith impossible. Disobedience to God in any form or in regard to anything, which implies impenitency of heart, makes faith impossible.

Sin can hinder you from moving your mountains, which is why you must repent from it now. When you are righteous through Christ, you can command your mountains by faith and they will obey. Remember, Jesus spoke to a fruitless tree and it died instantly. You have authority and power to move mountains.

Challenge: "In my name (Jesus) shall they cast out devils"

Prayer: "O God, give me faith to move mountains"

Quote: "You have authority to move mountains"

Further Reading: Mark 11:17, 18

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:20pm On Dec 07, 2016
Higher Everyday
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2016

EARTHLY TREASURES

"But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided"? (Luke 12:20)

The death of the rich is like that of any poor person - he leaves all his wealth far behind. That is why the Bible declares: For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out (1 Timothy 6:7).

Some wealthy people discover that the selfish use of riches does not pay and so resort to sharing their wealth with others. People like Henry Ford, John D. Rockefeller and Bill Gates had to establish foundations which today help the helpless of society. How do you use the riches you are blessed with? God wants you through your church or school fellowship to care for the needy. Riches are like the morning dew; do not put your trust in them but in the Living God (1 Timothy 6:17).

The rich fool trusted in his riches and ignored God. But the end was painful for him. Rich believers should be ready to give, saving in heavenly bank accounts and laying hold on eternal life (1 Timothy 6:17-19).

Challenge: "Money will bring out your true character"

Prayer: "O God, help me to trust in you and not in earthly riches"

Quote: "Be ready to give"

Further Reading: 1 Timothy 6:6 - 10

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2016

VIRGIN TILL MARRIAGE VOWS

"For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee" (Isaiah 62: 5)

Is virginity still in vogue? A popular Nigerian blog threw the question open for public debate. The responses and reactions, as expected, were mixed. While some maintained that it was still fashionable to maintain virginity till marriage, others felt that virginity belonged to an era long gone and forgotten. With the crass immorality in the media and blatant permissiveness of the society, it is hard to obtain chastity from today's youngsters.

A young Indian bride recently admitted that her newly-wedded husband expressed disappointment and dismay when he discovered that she was still a virgin! But listen to the voice of wisdom, young folk. Virginity was and still is a divine command. It is a precious gift to keep and treasure. It gives you confidence, sense of self-worth and feeling of innocence. Many of your peers and mates who have lost their virginity may jeer at you and wish to give you the impression that it is no big deal, but deep down, it hurts them that they've lost it.

My son, my daughter, Keep pure!

Challenge: "Secretly, your peers regret their loss of virginity"

Prayer: "I need your grace to keep my virginity, dear Lord"

Quote: "Virginity's a divine command"

Further Reading: 2 Corinthians 11:1, 2

See more at:

Could the above devotion be referring to the thread below? If so it can only mean that this devotional is abreast with the current news. cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/3294604/abstinence-before-marriage-realistic-message
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:35am On Dec 08, 2016
Higher Everyday
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2016

HELPING THE HURTING

"And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him" (Luke 10:34)

There is no one with the milk of human kindness who is not touched by the sight of people going through mental or physical agonies. The physician, Albert Schweitzer said, "The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others."

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) was founded in 1863 by Sir Henry Dunant due to a human crisis situation he witnessed during a business trip in 1859 - the aftermath of the Battle of Solferino in modern day Italy. There were over 23,000 souls that were wounded, dying or dead on the battle field, with little care. The shocked Henry Dunant organised the civilian population, particularly the female, built makeshift hospitals and cared for the helpless people. Through his efforts later the Red Cross Society was formed to care for all war victims.

What are you using your youthful strength, intelligence and opportunities for? Like the Good Samaritan and Sir Henry Dunant, spend your time in rendering service to humanity.

Challenge: "Selfishness is the greatest curse of the human race"

Prayer: "Lord, help me to be relevant on earth and in heaven"

Quote: "Render service to humanity"

Further Reading: Mathew 9:35, 36

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:25pm On Dec 10, 2016
Higher Everyday
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2016

TIMES OF TROUBLE

"For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion. In the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me, he shall set me up upon a rock" (Psalm 27:5)

The world we are living in is in an imperfect state due to the fall of man in The Garden of Eden. That is why there are troubles everywhere. Man that is born of a woman is of a few days, and full of trouble (Job14:1). Even Jacob told Pharaoh, The days of the years of my pilgrimage are an hundred and thirty years: few and evil have the days of my life been (Genesis 47:9a). Truly, Jacob had many troubles - with Esau, his father-in-law, his own children, and with the natural economic conditions. Esau wanted to kill him but God delivered him. His father-in-law sort to harm him for eloping with his daughters and grandchildren, but God appeared to him in a dream and warned him not to hurt him. Jacob enjoyed God's protection all the way. He will also help you in times of trouble. Only ensure you are born again and living holy, for it is only then that God can be an enemy to your enemies (seducers, cultists and agents of Satan) and give you sure deliverance.

Challenge: "God helps His troubled sons and daughters"

Prayer: "Lord, deliver me in times of trouble"

Quote: "God can be an enemy to your enemies"

Further Reading: Psalm 46:7-11

See more at:
Re: Higher Everyday — INTERCESSORY PRAYERS by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:35pm On Dec 10, 2016
Higher Everyday
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2016

TRADING WITH TALENTS

"Then he that had received five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents" (Mathew 25:16)

The word talent is an ancient unit of weight and money. The word is rendered as talentum in Latin, meaning "balance" and "sum of money." In modern usage, talent applies to a person with exceptional ability or an unusual natural ability to do something well. Talents must be developed through education or training for desired blossom and fruition.

When Henry Ford left the rural farm life for the city without much education, he did not just start producing the Ford Cars, but he also spent some years in apprenticeship as a motor mechanic. When things got tougher, he thought more and worked harder. "Great talent without will-power and hard work is a waste," said Shiv Khera. The multi-talented Italian born Michelangelo started training as a painter at the age of 13. He was a great artist, painter, sculptor, architect and poet: five talents! Wonderful!

The servant in our text traded with his five talents and gained five more. Like them, be fully surrendered to Christ so as to use your talents well.

Challenge: "Use your talent to bring glory to God"

Prayer: "Lord, may I not use my talents unwisely"

Quote: "Surrender to Christ and use your talents"

Further Reading: Matthew 25:20 - 28

See more at:

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.