Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,151 members, 7,957,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:31 AM

Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested (2351 Views)

Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste / PHOTO: Man Who Abandoned Wife For Having 3 Set Of Twins Returns Home / Man Who Abandoned His Wife And Twins Speaks Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by TinyToes: 7:32am On Jul 09, 2014
The 20-year-old mother who abandoned her baby girl on a sweltering Manhattan subway platform on Monday was struggling to cope with caring for the child, she told cops. Frankea Dabbs, who moved to New York from North Carolina just days ago, has been charged with abandoning a child after she left her 10-month-old daughter, Milani Edmonds, alone on a train platform at Columbus Circle on Monday morning. ‘She felt she couldn’t take care of the baby and thought she was leaving her in a safe public space,’ NYPD spokesman Stephen Davis said. If you missed the story yesterday, you can read it http://.com/2014/07/08/police-search-for-african-american-woman-who-abandoned-baby-in-a-subway-left-with-the-train/

Relatives said that Dabbs, who was homeless after arriving in New York on July 2, had been plagued with troubles in North Carolina, including possible mental health issues and witnessing the killing of her baby’s father. Dabbs was forced to cower under the bed in their home in Clinton, North Carolina as masked intruders shot the man dead, her father Franklin Dabbs told the New York Daily News. ‘She was there hiding under the bed,’ he said. ‘I told her, “It could have been you”.’ Online records and mug shots also show she has previously been arrested for possession of marijuana, assaulting an officer, breaking and entering and solicitation for prostitution.

On Tuesday, Dabbs was found around 12.30am near 72nd Street and Broadway after a passerby recognized her from security footage and alerted a nearby police officer, DNAinfo reported. She allegedly admitted to the officer that she was the mother of the baby girl and was able to provide her name, age and medical history. On Tuesday, she was pictured being hauled in handcuffs to her arraignment by NYPD Transit Robbery Squad detectives. On Monday morning, Dabbs had allegedly pushed the baby’s stroller from a northbound 1 train at Columbus Circle before darting back inside the train.

Surveillance footage released by the NYPD showed the woman entering the subway with the baby in the stroller earlier in the day, but there were no cameras on the platform where the incident occurred. A 33-year-old bystander saw the baby alone on the platform and stayed with her for about 20 minutes, waiting for the woman to return. When no one came to claim the child, the witness contacted the MTA who took the baby to Transit District 1 Police Station. The baby was then taken to St Luke’s Roosevelt hospital for evaluation before she was handed over to the NYC Administration for Children’s Services.

The girl had a rash on her face and bandages on her hand but is said to be in good condition. She was reportedly wearing a red and white blouse with red leggings and pampers. Authorities believe the mother left her there intentionally because no one came forward to claim the baby girl. Patricia Floro, 44, who got off the train at the station with her two-year-old daughter in a stroller, told the Daily News it appeared like a desperate act. ‘She must have her reasons for doing that. I mean something else is going on, something deeper that would make her do that,’ Floro said.

More of the story here - http://.com/2014/07/09/photos-20-year-old-mom-who-abandoned-baby-on-subway-platform-arrested/

Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
Wonderful, u pray good and fine,, where do u church at
buksich:

Stay strng babe. u r healed in Jesus name,ur strnght shal b renewed lyk d eagles. Safe trip. Amen
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by buksich(f): 12:28am On Aug 04, 2014
Unibenstudent: Wonderful, u pray good and fine,, where do u church at

Oh! Fenkx,aprct. RCCG
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by Nobody: 12:32am On Aug 04, 2014
I hope she is not thrown in jail,she is no criminal but an overwhelmed young mother saddled with parenthood
She couldn't take care of the baby,no need throwing her in prison
She didn't harm the baby but abandoned her in a relatively safe place
I give her props for not killing the child
They should let her go and hand the child over to foster home
Not every mom or dad can handle parenthood.
There should be a way out for people like her
Where is the father of this child if I may ask?
Nowhere in the picture I suppose and she is saddled with doing it alone

5 Likes

Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 04, 2014
Good, will u be at the annual convention
buksich:

Oh! Fenkx,aprct. RCCG
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by buksich(f): 7:11am On Aug 04, 2014
Unibenstudent: Good, will u be at the annual convention

Nop.
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 04, 2014
Ehyaa,am guessing u will watch it from tv, there is this station on star times , its called dove tv, there rccg shows much of its program, are u aware of it
buksich:

Nop.
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by buksich(f): 10:10am On Aug 04, 2014
Unibenstudent: Ehyaa,am guessing u will watch it from tv, there is this station on star times , its called dove tv, there rccg shows much of its program, are u aware of it

I wl b @nysc orientatn camp by 2mrw
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 04, 2014
I will come and see u there
buksich:

I wl b @nysc orientatn camp by 2mrw
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by EfemenaXY: 10:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
Babymama1: I hope she is not thrown in jail,she is no criminal but an overwhelmed young mother saddled with parenthood
She couldn't take care of the baby,no need throwing her in prison
She didn't harm the baby but abandoned her in a relatively safe place
I give her props for not killing the child
They should let her go and hand the child over to foster home
Not every mom or dad can handle parenthood.
There should be a way out for people like her
Where is the father of this child if I may ask?
Nowhere in the picture I suppose and she is saddled with doing it alone

Agreed.

Poor child, messed up mother. She needs psychiatric help. The baby's dad was shot dead and she (the baby's mother), witnessed it whilst in hiding. It's also part of the reason why she is the way she is now...
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by OmoAlata1(f): 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
omg her lacewig, is wearing lacewig compulsory eh?
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
OmoAlata1: omg her lacewig, is wearing lacewig compulsory eh?

You mean with this serious story,na her lace wig you dey look?

1 Like

Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by OmoAlata1(f): 11:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
Babymama1:

You mean with this serious story,na her lace wig you dey look?

lol sorry o, it was distracting
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by Kanwulia: 4:26am On Aug 05, 2014
Poor thing!
Poor baby!
cheesy
Where is the SPERM-DONOR? grin
He should be arrested too!!!! kiss

All these SHINEENEES GHETTO-HOOD-RATS giving birth to more GHETTO-TOTOS nor fit keep their totos CLOSED WITH BRAZILIAN PUBIC HAIR TOO? cheesy

At 20? Off to pursue more NL LONDON-GHETTO BLOKOSES KE! cheesy
Glad the baby is safe!
This is evidence for the baby to know EXACTLY what her "Mammy DEAREST" was up to with MATERNAL LOVE!!!! cheesy

She looks like one of awa NL 2014 MGBEKE-ALATIKA, FOOD-STAMP RECIPIENT, BITI-KWINS ooooooo. . . .

See "FINGURE" 8 shape!!!!!!

Where are our NL-LONDON DUUUUUUDES? wink

Make una come CHOP bushmeat ooooooooo. . . . .LOL!!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by SAMBARRY: 6:14am On Aug 05, 2014
grin grin grin

what kind of ugly lace wig is that sef lipsrsealed
Kanwulia: Poor thing!
Poor baby!
cheesy
Where is the SPERM-DONOR? grin
He should be arrested too!!!! kiss

All these SHINEENEES GHETTO-HOOD-RATS giving birth to more GHETTO-TOTOS nor fit keep their totos CLOSED WITH BRAZILIAN PUBIC HAIR TOO? cheesy

At 20? Off to pursue more NL LONDON-GHETTO BLOKOSES KE! cheesy
Glad the baby is safe!
This is evidence for the baby to know EXACTLY what her "Mammy DEAREST" was up to with MATERNAL LOVE!!!! cheesy

She looks like one of awa NL 2014 MGBEKE-ALATIKA, FOOD-STAMP RECIPIENT, BITI-KWINS ooooooo. . . .

See "FINGURE" 8 shape!!!!!!

Where are our NL-LONDON DUUUUUUDES? wink

Make una come CHOP bushmeat ooooooooo. . . . .LOL!!!!! grin
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by Kanwulia: 8:04am On Aug 05, 2014
SAMBARRY: grin grin grin
what kind of ugly lace wig is that sef lipsrsealed

You dey look 'wig'. . .
Naija man dey look 'UKWU'!!!! grin

OH MY GADA!!!!! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN6qNDMeWm4
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by SAMBARRY: 8:30am On Aug 05, 2014
But that's not a nigerian man staring at the lady's ass.thats oyinbo na grin
Kanwulia:

You dey look 'wig'. . .
Naija man dey look 'UKWU'!!!! grin

OH MY GADA!!!!! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN6qNDMeWm4
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by Kanwulia: 8:34am On Aug 05, 2014
SAMBARRY: But that's not a nigerian man staring at the lady's ass.thats oyinbo na grin

Nor be Nigerian man sing the "SING"?
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by SAMBARRY: 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
Kanwulia:

Nor be Nigerian man sing the "SING"?
lobatan grin grin grin
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by JEITO: 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
I said: stay away from pre-marital sex.

They said 'no' that sex is part of the package of fun every youth need to enjoy.

I told them: don't bring a child into the world until you're financially, emotionally, spiritually and mentally ready to take care of him.

They said no. I love him and he loves me and promise to take care of the baby.

I told them: Get married before bringing a child into the world.

They told me I live in the 15th century. That single mama is what's in vogue.

Now see....

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by red101(f): 3:56am On Aug 18, 2014
Kanwulia: Poor thing!
Poor baby!cheesy Where is the SPERM-DONOR? grin He should be arrested too!!!! kiss

He was shot dead in her presence.

There is a lot of trouble in this woman's life. I don't think she was financially, emotionally, socially, mentally and physically secure enough to bring a child to this world. not even close.. but God's ways sha...
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by greatgod2012(f): 5:25am On Aug 18, 2014
red101:

He was shot dead in her presence.

There is a lot of trouble in this woman's life. I don't think she was financially, emotionally, socially, mentally and physically secure enough to bring a child to this world. not even close.. but God's ways sha...

i really pity the lady sha, she might be mentally derailed, i mean she might be suffering from depression, who knows.
And BTW, why was the husband shot dead?
Re: Photos: 20-year-old Mom Who Abandoned Baby On Subway Platform Arrested by red101(f): 4:43am On Aug 21, 2014
greatgod2012:

i really pity the lady sha, she might be mentally derailed, i mean she might be suffering from depression, who knows.
And BTW, why was the husband shot dead?

I think so too.
read the first post.

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Call This, Indecisiveness Or Unwillingness? / What Is It That You Hate About Nairaland / Strange Habit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.