Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

If Disaster Or Boko Haram Strikes While Doctors On Strike? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If Disaster Or Boko Haram Strikes While Doctors On Strike? (743 Views)

Siblings Burnt In Osogbo Petrol Station Fire Disaster / Pics:what Could Have Been A Disaster Was Averted 30 Mins Ago / Oil Workers Are Not Going On Strike Nation-Wide - NUPENG President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If Disaster Or Boko Haram Strikes While Doctors On Strike? by davno: 7:50am On Jul 09, 2014
I don't want to think about it! I don't even want to imagine it!
Last night I watched with tears in my eyes as some victims of a road traffic accident were turned away from one of our government hospitals. Apparently, they would be taken to a private clinic where they will receive "substandard" care based on our Nigerian standards.
For a moment, the thought of what might happen in the event of a terrorist attack or a natural dissaster while doctors are on strike sent chills down my spine.
This strike should be called off!
Change must not be sudden. JOHESU and NMA should halt their demands. The government should step back and send both JOHESU and NMA to a discussion table.
More will be achieved through dialogue than through industrial actions. With d health sector being a sector demanding team work, the government should not engage one faction and leave the other bitter.
Division in the health sector spells disaster for the average Nigerian in need of health care.
You might think it does not concern you till you find your own person in a condition that cannot be managed by your local pharmacy or a private hospital.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Waste Electricity? / How To Waste Your Life / Davido Explains Why He Flaunts His Wealth On Social Networks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.