Stats: 3,153,996 members, 7,821,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True (4864 Views)

12 Facts That Sound Like A Lie, But Are Actually True / Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / 6 Embarrassing Things That Can Happen To You In Class. (2) (3) (4)

Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by PrinxArthur1(m): 4:48pm On Jul 09, 2014
Although you might not believe
most of them, these are 25
things that sound too crazy to be
true, but they are!
Russia has a larger surface area
than Pluto.

Oxford University is older than
the Aztec Empire.

France was still executing
people by guillotine when Star
Wars: A New Hope hit theatres.

Nintendo was originally a
trading card company.

If the sun were the size of a
white blood cell then the Milky
Way Galaxy would be the size
of the United States

There are more stars in space
than there are grains of sand
on every beach in the world

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by PrinxArthur1(m): 4:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
For every human on Earth
there are 1.6 million ants

The total weight of all those
ants, however, is about the
same as all the humans

On Jupiter and Saturn it rains
diamonds

Ten percent of all the photos
ever taken were taken in the
last 12 months

Shakespeare made up the name
"Jessica" for his play Merchant
of Venice

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
Really very interesting and crazy facts indeed!

#1. if i were to be in aso villa for a week, Naija would go bankrupt!

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by PrinxArthur1(m): 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
Your chances of being kllled by
a vending machine are actually
twice as large as your chance of
being bitten by a shark.

Nowhere in the Humpty
Dumpty Nursery Rhyme does it
say that Humpty Dumpty is an
egg

Armadillos almost always give
birth to quadruplets

Scotland's national animal is
the unicorn.

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by PrinxArthur1(m): 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2014
Apparently there are more fake
flamingos in the world than real
flamingos.
John Tyler, the 10th president
of the US, was born in 1790. He
has a grandson that is alive
today.
A strawberry is NOT a berry.
A banana IS a berry.
There is enough water in Lake
Superior to cover all of North
and South America in one foot
of liquid.
An octopus has three hearts.
There are 10 times more
bacteria in your body than
actual body cells.
There is only one country
between North Korea and
Norway.
New York City is farther south
than Rome, Italy.
Maine is the closest US state to
Africa.

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by dorange(m): 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2014
Nice.

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by ellagal(f): 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
17 shocked shocked shocked

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by bankyblue(m): 6:33pm On Jul 09, 2014
@prinxaritnur1

19- who they count? undecided
17-i need to visit that place with my Igbo brother wink
16- 5pre cent na for hotel's toilet grin
Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by Mcbussy(m): 6:39pm On Jul 09, 2014
ellagal: 17 shocked shocked shocked

Ella,will u take my hand and follow me to Jupita? grin

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by Hermanie(m): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
* wears space suit, takes pack of cigarettes & big basket. off to Jupiter *

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by johnwizey: 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
No 9 though
Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by Danielotuya(m): 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
Rain diamonds u said? I bet lots of gals dnt knw dat yet. They wld be backing their bags and heading there ASAP
Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by seankafor(m): 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
HOW DO U EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THIS?

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by PrinxArthur1(m): 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
seankafor: HOW DO U EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THIS?
Google is ur friend since September 4 1998

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
You mean to say it rains Diamonds on Jupiter/Saturn?

Wow! If Only ....... For a Day.
Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
The only ones i didnt know are:
17(which i still dont believe)

I'm i not amazing?
Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by acidtalk: 8:04pm On Jul 09, 2014
10 THINGS THAT SOUND TOO CRAZY TO BE TRUE.

There are more Babies on Nairaland than Adults. Ratio of 9:1

99% of people who run their mouth in the Politics Section of Nairaland are bloody cowards in reality who will run under their beds on hearing the sound of a fire cracker but instead come hear and spew fire and brimestone on a faceless forum.

Nigeria's unemployment statistics is. NOT caused by the government but rather by lazy Nigeria youths who are only concerned about the pay without wanting to add an iota of value to their employer or company.

90% of Nigeria youths now occupy their thoughts with sexual escapades, 4% with illegal means of earning a living, 2% in gambling, 3% in umimaginery miraculous way of getting reach thinking prayer alone without work will ever happen, ONLY 1% of the Nigerian youth is Sane.

Bode Both PDP, APC, LP, APGA, and All Political parties in Nigeria are one and the same filled with callous, pot bellied and old politicians who are just into politics for the sole purpose of enriching themselves and only remember the Nigeria populace few days to election by giving them few cups of rice and becoming humble overnight.

Jonathan, Tinubu, Ameachi, Obasanjo, Buhari, Kalu, Tambuwa, Bode George, Anenih, Rocha's, and every living past and present politicians are best of friends. They only pretend to be enemies on the covers of newspaper and social media when in real fact they all wine and dine in the wee hours of the night and laugh and the ignorance of the Nigerian populace while sharing the oil blocs and National treasury amongst themselves.

Nigeria Education system in no distant time be worse than that of Guinea, Niger, Mali and Bokina Fasu. as our children now know more than 1,000 indecency website by heart than they know the capitals of the 36 states of Nigeria or even the National pledge.

Nigeria has a massive gold mine where even an illiterate can exploit and make it big if ONLY our youths can drop their mobile phones for a day and make use of their God given brains.

People now marry for the short term without putting the long term in focus. Nigeria in no distant time will rank 1st on the table of countries with the most divorce rates. Most actually plan for months towards the wedding day without planning for the marriage itself.

Seun and his Mods had a meeting and vowed never to allow any of my topics to make front page again.

22 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
The one about stars and sand is hard to believe. Who/what provided that stat?
Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by angelTI(f): 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
Insightful, educative and crazy facts
Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by seankafor(m): 8:48pm On Jul 09, 2014
PrinxArthur1: Google is ur friend since September 4 1998
GOOGLE MY FOOT.. ALL LIES FULL FOR GOOGLE..I REMRMBER WHEN A RUMOUR DAT RONALDINHO IS DEAD..I GOOGLED IT AND THE RUMOUR TING JUST FULL THEIR...NA DIA I SWEAR SAY GOOGLE RESULTS ARE SOMETYMES FAKE

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by philtrum(m): 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2014
seankafor: HOW DO U EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THIS?

Just pray for the holy spirit, he will guide you
Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by PrinxArthur1(m): 8:56pm On Jul 09, 2014
seankafor:
GOOGLE MY FOOT.. ALL LIES FULL FOR GOOGLE..I REMRMBER WHEN A RUMOUR DAT RONALDINHO IS DEAD..I GOOGLED IT AND THE RUMOUR TING JUST FULL THEIR...NA DIA I SWEAR SAY GOOGLE RESULTS ARE SOMETYMES FAKE
hmm Wikipedia!!!
Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by PrinxArthur1(m): 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2014
40. Can you believe the whole
Atlantic ocean has fewer
species of fish than the
Amazon river?

41.The very middle or core of
the sun is believed to be
about 27 million degrees
fahrenheit.

42.Toothpicks injure nearly
9,000 people every year.

43.Scientific dating estimates
the Earth to be around
4.54 billion years old with
a 1% margin of error.

44.An Earth day is not 24
hours long. It’s actually
23h, 56m, 4s which is the
time that the planet needs
to rotate on its own axis.

45. 11. Scientists say that an Earth
day had around 20 hours a
few million years ago and
that a million years from
now it will have 27 hours.

46.The coldest place on Earth
is Vostok (in Antarctica)
and the hottest area is El
Azizia (in Libya). That’s
interesting!

47. 13. Did you know that on July
21st 1983, the coldest
temperature ever on the
planet earth was recorded
at a frightening 128.6
degrees fahrenheit below
zero (-89.2 ºC) in
Antarctica by Soviet
scientist at the Vostok
expedition station? Thats
one cool fact!

48.The oldest tree on Earth
is estimated to be about
4600 years old and it’s a
bristlecone pine from
California. That’s an
amazing fact!

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by HogWash(m): 10:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
PrinxArthur1: 10
Apparently there are more fake
flamingos in the world than real
flamingos.

Maine is the closest US state to
Africa.

I just find these two very interesting!
Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by DjAndroid: 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
PrinxArthur1:
John Tyler, the 10th president
of the US, was born in 1790. He
has a grandson that is alive
today.

John Tyler was born in 1790. He took office in 1841, after William Henry Harrison died. And he has two living grandchildren.

Not great-great-great-grandchildren. Their dad was Tyler’s son.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

The Tyler men have a habit of having kids very late in life. Lyon Gardiner Tyler, one of President Tyler’s 15 kids, was born in 1853. He fathered Lyon Gardiner Tyler Jr. in 1924, and Harrison Ruffin Tyler in 1928.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/29842/president-john-tylers-grandsons-are-still-alive

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by PrinxArthur1(m): 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2014
DjAndroid:

John Tyler was born in 1790. He took office in 1841, after William Henry Harrison died. And he has two living grandchildren.

Not great-great-great-grandchildren. Their dad was Tyler’s son.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

The Tyler men have a habit of having kids very late in life. Lyon Gardiner Tyler, one of President Tyler’s 15 kids, was born in 1853. He fathered Lyon Gardiner Tyler Jr. in 1924, and Harrison Ruffin Tyler in 1928.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/29842/president-john-tylers-grandsons-are-still-alive
Google about Lyon Gardiner Tyler jr & Harrison Ruffin Tyler (both born in 1920"s)
Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by alizenbohr: 11:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
Interesting
Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by ellagal(f): 12:05am On Jul 10, 2014
Mcbussy:

Ella,will u take my hand and follow me to Jupita? grin

OH mY!!! No dear,go get the diamonds and Ella is yours forever kiss kiss kiss

Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by hardbody: 12:24am On Jul 10, 2014
I got banned for some inexplicable reasons and some guys are getting hypertensive over my pay which I still believe I can do alot about. Such a shame.
Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by LMAyedun(m): 12:26am On Jul 10, 2014
An octopus has three hearts.
They will always have substitutes for any heartbreak then... undecided
Re: Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True by benrated(m): 1:14am On Jul 10, 2014
:PWould reli love 2 relocate 2 jupiter,if na so.

Is There Any Negative Effect Of NYSC Exemption Certificate? / 13 Lessons People Learn Too Late In Life / Abu Special Admission 2019/2020 Form Is Out