Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Glo Internet Connectivity: A Farce Or Reality? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Internet Connectivity: A Farce Or Reality? (1285 Views)

Airtel Unveils New Data Plan "Smartspeedoo" For High Speed Internet Connectivity / How Do I Fix Terribly Slow Glo Internet Connection / Glo Internet Network Has Stopped Working, Could It Be DNS Changer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Internet Connectivity: A Farce Or Reality? by OmoSekina: 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2008
i tire o. i went to glo office in ikeja today to find out if my nokia e61i can be connected to to the internet and all they said was that if you have that kind of phone you must be a contract line holder. so enquired, what does it take to convert to that and lady said i would ist of all pay for contract line and in short the whole amount for starters comes to about N20k+ and i would be paying close to about 7k monthly. But i can use lower end phones without going thru this same wahala. I was amazed.

My question is, what could have precipitated this kind of decision from the company, so if you carry an e61i now and you still want to use your pay as you go, you cant abi? its a shame, i immediately removed the sim and put zain. I am sorry, i loved glo so much before, but for once i am so so disapponted. They should have a rethink.
Re: Glo Internet Connectivity: A Farce Or Reality? by Holyrule(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2008
Take heart tongue
Re: Glo Internet Connectivity: A Farce Or Reality? by thomp4pal(m): 9:49pm On Oct 08, 2008
welcome to Zain wink A WONDERFUL WORLD,it rains goodies

@holy rule,how body long time smiley
Re: Glo Internet Connectivity: A Farce Or Reality? by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 09, 2008
@poster
i use a nokia e61 and dey told me dat same story.what i did was to use anoda phone to activate my mms n wap and then sent texts to get the settings on my E61 but i used my nokia e61 to activate my 3g by sending d text for activation
Re: Glo Internet Connectivity: A Farce Or Reality? by Ogboraph(m): 9:22am On Oct 09, 2008
@poster and abiboye2000 and other u guys should be smart pls nairalanders be start lets deal with this guys. Just the way they hve dealt with us
Re: Glo Internet Connectivity: A Farce Or Reality? by Ogboraph(m): 10:02am On Oct 09, 2008
Just activate ur line with any low end phones and once glo has activate your line 4 internet . Then set up your phone manualy. Eg E61i and other
Re: Glo Internet Connectivity: A Farce Or Reality? by OmoSekina: 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2008
Just 4 the muslim break a forthnight ago, i mistakenly locked my MTN line and it immediately requested for my PUK, ofcourse i cant ever remember that could have been after over 1 million welcome back packs and i decided to call the customer service line and all it told me is to go to their website. I was so pisssssssssssssssssssssssssd. So would that imply that someonw that has an MTN line in a pace like kauran nomoda in sokoto state would need internet connectivity to resolve a PUK problem and i decided automatically that i would by God's grace dump my mtn line, so my soujourn into other networks starts.

Glo
I have already reiterated that story

zain
When i got to the customer service centre in ikeja, they said i came late and that i should come the next day between 8am and 1pm. and behols when i got there, they said their server could not capture the application for the activation from the main server, so i knew i was done for, all for this internet wahala.

So i contemplated going to the mtn customer service centre in opebi ikeja and to my greatest shock and amazement i waited on a queue for about 10 mins and someone had come to attend to me in a jiffy. I was shocked to my bone marrow and i told the lady that it seems MTN has changed o.

Finally, i had to come back to my MTN. It seems my opinion about MTN might change gradually.

Kudos to MTN
Re: Glo Internet Connectivity: A Farce Or Reality? by OmoSekina: 2:02pm On Oct 09, 2008
After my soujourn to all the networks, i was generally pained because in my heart of heart i thought it was time to dump the MTN network for my personla reasons raging from the fact that
1. The money made in that country is usually transfered to south africa
2. The state of their unabated epileptic service
3. And also their terms of employing our people

So in my case i thought i could go patriotic and use Glo because it is suppose to our own. At least the money still remains within our country (even if not all) and a feeling of promoting what belongs to us.

So why would the same company that has provided the 3g service like mtn make life difficult for its own people? Oga mike please have a rethink on this matter. Afterall, we dnt access these services free of charge. If i can browse with my e61i on MTN (a south african company) even as a pre paid subscriber, then it would definitely a shame for Glo not to be able to afford me that same opportunity in our locality.

Oga mike, always know that we have in our mind, because if not for you, the prices of phones and lines wouldnt have come down.

But please "deregulate this your internet browing regime abeg"
Re: Glo Internet Connectivity: A Farce Or Reality? by Mustay(m): 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2008
This is about Glo's internet connectivity seki.

PS; Why didn't you just contact the customer care of MTN via another person's phone to retrieve the PUK?
Re: Glo Internet Connectivity: A Farce Or Reality? by OmoSekina: 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2008
the customer service would refer you to their website. i hav sorted my problem out. i had to go back to mtn finally. now i am working on nairaland from my nokia e61i. Glo please give us this day.
Re: Glo Internet Connectivity: A Farce Or Reality? by Holyrule(m): 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2008
@thomp4
i dey jare. Life just dey flog man pikin. grin

(1) (Reply)

I Have Nigerian Draught Game For Mobile Phone / Nokia E61i Price And Blackberry 8830 Price / Uk Used Htc Touch 2 For Sale @ 25k (pics Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.