Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,500 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

10 Crazy Phobias That You Might Actually Have - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Crazy Phobias That You Might Actually Have (933 Views)

My 10 Crazy Ways To Make Your Boyfriend Want You More And More / Celebrities And Their Greatest Phobias / PHOTOS: Top 10 Crazy Things Rihanna Has Worn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Crazy Phobias That You Might Actually Have by entadaplace: 9:07am On Jul 10, 2014
Fear of Losing Reception

Nomophobia is the fear of losing cell phone contact. Yes, this is real. In today’s world, some people just can’t stand the idea of not being able to pick up their Blackberry or iPhone and text or call someone – anyone.

Fear of the Color Purple

So, if I secretly painted your bedroom eggplant while you were at work one day, you wouldn’t be very happy about that? The fear of the color purple (I kid you not) is called Porphyrophobia.

Fear of Your Own Reflection

Unless you’re chanting “Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary” into the mirror in a dark bathroom, I’m not sure what’s so bad about looking at your own reflection. But some people, with Spectrophobia, can’t stand to glance at their own face, even in a window. At least that’s a few less people who will be taking pictures of themselves in the mirror and posting them to Facebook.

Fear of Relatives

This one probably makes sense to some people. Syngenesophobia is the fear of relatives. I hope your fear of your in-laws isn’t this intense!

Fear of Magic

Maybe these people watched too much Criss Angel as children. Rhabdophobia is the fear of magic or magic wands (it can also refer to the fear of being beaten with a rod or being harshly criticized). I have a feeling they didn’t read ‘Harry Potter.’

Fear of a Drafty Hallway

Drafts are definitely annoying, but are they scary? Some people find a draft from a window or door, swallowing air and airborne illnesses (ok, I get that one) to be terrifying. These people have a fear called Aerophobia. Fear of air? You better have a tube of caulk and a roll of duct tape handy at all times.

Fear of Mismatched Socks

Ok, so this phobia, called Asymmetriphobia, is really the fear of asymmetry – but mismatched socks are definitely asymmetrical. Don’t let anyone else do your laundry!

Fear of Numbers

These people must hate their birthdays. The fear of numbers or math is called Arithmophobia. Good luck graduating from high school with this one!

Read More Here

1 Like

Re: 10 Crazy Phobias That You Might Actually Have by floragregs(f): 11:26am On Jul 10, 2014
I'm claustrophobic... I cannot use an elevator. if that entrance door at the bank delays for more than 6seconds I will have a panic attack. Plus u dare not lock my door and take the keys while i'm inside!

(1) (Reply)

Mavins Record Boss Don Jazzy, Tiwa, Kcee, Wizkid, Diana King, Others At MTN / FAZE Talks About Daughters. / Texas Woman Becomes ISIS Twitter Celeb Overnight-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.