Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Honda Accord 2007 Help needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2007 Help needed (896 Views)

Cow Takes A Ride In Honda Accord 2007 / Honda Accord 2007 (Manual Transmission Drive) Engine Oil Shortage / Pros And Cons Of Honda Accord 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2007 Help needed by bashexyz: 10:39am On Jul 10, 2014
I have a Honda accord 2007 ( discussion continues)

the steering vibrates alot when am on stand still(traffic or just starting the car). the vibration increases when I turn on the a.c.. when i move or raise the car a lil bit above 1 at the RPM its stable

my stereo is a one loader. the cd player goes off when I try playing a cd. and sometimes the cd/aux button refuses to respond. what's the cause?

The check engine light is on. I scanned it and got engine coolant temperature sensor 2 code. The fan is working directly and not going thorough the sensor.

I need your advice/help on how to solve this.
Re: Honda Accord 2007 Help needed by tyoseni(m): 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
bashexyz: I have a Honda accord 2007 ( discussion continues)
the steering vibrates alot when am on stand still(traffic or just starting the car). the vibration increases when I turn on the a.c.. when i move or raise the car a lil bit above 1 at the RPM its stable
my stereo is a one loader. the cd player goes off when I try playing a cd. and sometimes the cd/aux button refuses to respond. what's the cause?
The check engine light is on. I scanned it and got engine coolant temperature sensor 2 code. The fan is working directly and not going thorough the sensor.
I need your advice/help on how to solve this.

I believe that their are other light that is ON along side the Check Engine. please go for a comprehensive scan. For the scan code result that you get, it is as a result of the fan being run direct and the Thermostat that might have been remove.
Re: Honda Accord 2007 Help needed by bashexyz: 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
Already did a full scan.... its only the engine coolant sensor that came up

Air fuel ratio and oxygen sensor came up but upon clearing it i did another scan. Only the engine coolant sensor came up.
Re: Honda Accord 2007 Help needed by eminemkayc: 12:50am On Jul 11, 2014
Your engine coolant most likely is the culprit in this instance. The coolant sensor connects to your engine and determines the nature/status of your coolant and when it needs to be flushed and replaced. Many at times, factory coolant stays in the engine for up to a hundred thousand miles or more (see owner's manual for specifics) before they starts wearing out and since the sensors are designed as indicators, the fluid wear leaves deposits on your sensor and the sensor, in turn, throws up the error code and causes the trips which you experience at low angular velocities of crank shaft(rpm). Provided your sensor isn't faulty, a solution in the interim is to get it properly cleaned and fixed back in and you should be fine. But note that you need to replace your coolant in the possible shortest time.

Eminem/D12
Re: Honda Accord 2007 Help needed by mayor2013: 5:31am On Jul 11, 2014
If your fans are working directly and you have an Ect code it means the egine coolant temperature sensor must have been by passed by removing the socket that connects to it. Check for it. If its not then the sensor could be bad. And what this means is you have a hard start early in the morning and when its sunny or when the egine has reached an optimum temperature you get a 1 time start. Run a more comprehensive scan on that car.
My 2 cents. grin

(1) (Reply)

5 Of The Most Expensive Cars In The World / TPMS For 09 Corolla / What Does Freight And Haulage Permit Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.