Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,736 members, 7,959,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:26 PM

US Man Loses Cell Phone In Grain Pit, Gets It Back From Japan - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / US Man Loses Cell Phone In Grain Pit, Gets It Back From Japan (588 Views)

US Man Shows Off His 2 ‘wives’ On Facebook, They Both Live With Him & Have A Bab / Wife Loses Pregnancy Of Two Months After Rape By Pastor-husband / When Is it Right For A Child To Own A Cell Phone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Man Loses Cell Phone In Grain Pit, Gets It Back From Japan by jmoore(m): 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2014

Nine months after he lost his cell phone in a grain pit in Oklahoma, a US farmer has got it back from Japan.

Kevin Whitney had his cell phone in his pocket when he bent to inspect a grain pit in Chickasha and it fell into over 127,000 kilograms of grain. And then it went up an elevator, buried in tonnes of granules.

"I thought I'd never see that phone again," he told KFOR-TV.

The cell phone journeyed by truck to another grain site in Inola, Oklahoma, then it went down the Arkansas River. Then it reached Convent, Louisiana. From there, it sailed by ship to Kashima, Japan.

Despite being mixed into two million bushels of grain sorghum, a grain mill worker in Japan found the cell phone.

The phone was then mailed back to Convent. And a few days ago, Whitney got a call from Louisiana asking whether he lost a cell phone.

The man had scrolled down Whitney's contact list to discover who owned the phone.

"It's crazy, I can't believe it," Whitney said. "What really shocked me about it all was what a small world it is.

There are a lot of meaningful pictures on it so we are real glad to get the phone back," said Whitney.

Source>> http://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/us-man-loses-cell-phone-in-grain-pit-gets-it-back-from-japan-114070901199_1.html
Re: US Man Loses Cell Phone In Grain Pit, Gets It Back From Japan by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 10, 2014
this is the difference between a white man and a black man. make him go give testimony say that phone no land naija, na straight to computer village be dat. boys go flash craze comot for the phone head.

3 Likes

Re: US Man Loses Cell Phone In Grain Pit, Gets It Back From Japan by orbis(m): 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2014
lofty900: this is the difference between a white man and a black man. make him go give testimony say that phone no land naija, na straight to computer village be dat. boys go flash craze comot for the phone head.

lol....guy you got me laughing like a maniac with the flash craze comot talk...lol.... I guess phones are as cheap as dirt in Japan that's why they had to send it back. Same thing happens when someone forgets a kpalasa phone in a taxi, the driver will call you to the nearest bus top to come collect your load...lol...happened to me thrice by the way
Re: US Man Loses Cell Phone In Grain Pit, Gets It Back From Japan by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
orbis:

lol....guy you got me laughing like a maniac with the flash craze comot talk...lol.... I guess phones are as cheap as dirt in Japan that's why they had to send it back. Same thing happens when someone forgets a kpalasa phone in a taxi, the driver will call you to the nearest bus top to come collect your load...lol...happened to me thrice by the way
you must be very lucky. but Nokia touchlight is still being stolen in lagos.

(1) (Reply)

TRAGIC!!! Man Kill His Himself, 3 Children & Wife In Horrific Murder-suicide / US Scientists Discovers Virus That Makes People More Stupid / Dead Mans Spirit Publicly Speaking Through A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.