Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

What Would You Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do? (602 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do? by Dramadiddy(m): 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
Assuming you have a very successful business that brings in millions everyday...would you want your child to have formal education or would you just teach him how to handle your business in the future seeing that the business can take care of the child and his future family? Your opinions please...
Re: What Would You Do? by EfemenaXY: 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
Dramadiddy: Assuming you have a very successful business that brings in millions everyday...would you want your child to have formal education or would you just teach him how to handle your business in the future seeing that the business can take care of the child and his future family? Your opinions please...

What sort of "business" brings in millions daily?

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do? by AdeniyiA(m): 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
Efemenaxy1:

confirmed ritual killing biz
Re: What Would You Do? by Dramadiddy(m): 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2014
Efemenaxy1:

A lot...the father could be the owner of a telecoms company, or a building materials company, or the owner of a oil and gas services company...these ones I know of
Re: What Would You Do? by Dramadiddy(m): 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
AdeniyiA:
confirmed ritual killing biz
Nah...check my other post, some businesses bring millions in a day...
Re: What Would You Do? by cococandy(f): 8:44pm On Jul 10, 2014
Who says getting an education will stop him from handling the business?
It makes it all better even
Re: What Would You Do? by EfemenaXY: 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
Dramadiddy: A lot...the father could be the owner of a telecoms company, or a building materials company, or the owner of a oil and gas services company...these ones I know of

Then this sort of answers your original question, doesn't it?
Re: What Would You Do? by Dramadiddy(m): 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
cococandy: Who says getting an education will stop him from handling the business?
It makes it all better even
what if the father feels that going to school might make him have interest in something else contrary to what the father would want?
Re: What Would You Do? by cococandy(f): 8:53pm On Jul 10, 2014
What about what the child wants?
Or is freedom of choice alien to the father?

Dramadiddy: what if the father feels that going to school might make him have interest in something else contrary to what the father would want?
Re: What Would You Do? by Dramadiddy(m): 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
Efemenaxy1:

Then this sort of answers your original question, doesn't it?
it doesn't...the question is would you allow your child go to school in order to handle your very successful business when you can train him to handle your business
Re: What Would You Do? by EfemenaXY: 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2014
Dramadiddy: what if the father feels that going to school might make him have interest in something else contrary to what the father would want?

Now which are you? The dad or the son?

Don't deny it!
Re: What Would You Do? by EfemenaXY: 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
Dramadiddy: it doesn't...the question is would you allow your child go to school in order to handle your very successful business when you can train him to handle your business

On the contrary, it does answer your question.

To run such technologically advanced businesses, you do need to have some insight into how it really works (both business and technology), so it's obvious a sound education is non-negotiable.
Re: What Would You Do? by Dramadiddy(m): 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
cococandy: What about what the child wants?
Or is freedom of choice alien to the father?

wouldn't you wanna leave something for your kids?
Re: What Would You Do? by cococandy(f): 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2014
I would.
But I won't streamline or control them
Or try to manipulate them into doing what I want and not what they want.
Dramadiddy: wouldn't you wanna leave something for your kids?
Re: What Would You Do? by Dramadiddy(m): 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
Efemenaxy1:

Now which are you? The dad or the son?

Don't deny it!
Lol...Neither of the two, it's been on my mind
Re: What Would You Do? by Tallesty1(m): 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2014
I think Getting education will make him do better.
Re: What Would You Do? by Dramadiddy(m): 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2014
Efemenaxy1:

On the contrary, it does answer your question.

To run such technologically advanced businesses, you do need to have some insight into how it really works (both business and technology), so it's obvious a sound education is non-negotiable.
Wow...big point there, thanks for the contribution smiley
Re: What Would You Do? by Dramadiddy(m): 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
cococandy: I would.
But I won't streamline or control them
Or try to manipulate them into doing what I want and not what they want.
Hmm okay...hope we all make the correct decisions if something of this sort comes up in the future
Re: What Would You Do? by Dramadiddy(m): 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
Tallesty1: I think Getting education will make him do better.
True though...I'm waiting for the comments of our igbo brothers that love their biznaez so much I think their opinion would be different
Re: What Would You Do? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
Even if I was a billionaire, I would want my kids to have the BEST education possible. They would only inherit on this condition. I want my kids to be intellectuals, there are too many retarded people everywhere.
Re: What Would You Do? by Dramadiddy(m): 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
carefreewannabe: Even if I was a billionaire, I would want my kids to have the BEST education possible. They would only inherit on this condition. I want my kids to be intellectuals, there are too many retarded people everywhere.
Hmmmm...some mom!

(1) (Reply)

So No Where 2 Find A Clique To Join / Ebola: Second Doctor Infected By Patrick Sawyer Survives; Tells Full Story / A Lesson For Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.