Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL (1500 Views)

10 Points To Show That Jesus Is God Of The Old Testament Too / 42 Prayer Points To Tackle This Year 2015 By Dr D.k Olukoya / Prayer Points To Break The Powers Of Witchcraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Nobody: 2:45am On Jul 11, 2014
These articles I'm about to reproduce reminds me of one of Aristotle's quotes:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain/ponder a thought without accepting it."

Leggo.....

“Does The Soul Exist? Evidence Says Yes” – Psychology Today.

Article 1:

Traditionally, science has dismissed the soul as an object of human belief, or reduced it to a psychological concept that shapes our cognition of the observable natural world. But new understandings of consciousness have challenged this claim. According to the theory, consciousness is derived from microtubules within brain cells (neurons) that are sites of quantum processing. According to Dr. Hameroff of the University of Arizona and British physicist Sir Roger Penrosen, when the heart stops beating, the blood stops flowing, and the microtubules lose their quantum state, BUT the quantum information in the microtubules isn’t destroyed. So could this explain near-death experiences, or the idea of our consciousness being eternal?:

“The quantum information within the microtubules is not destroyed, it can’t be destroyed, it just distributes and dissipates to the universe at large. It’s possible that the quantum information can exist outside the body, perhaps indefinitely, as a soul,” he said. They have argued that our experience of consciousness is the result of quantum gravity effects in these microtubules, a theory which they dubbed orchestrated objective reduction (Orch-OR).

Thus it is held that our souls are more than the interaction of neurons in the brain. They are in fact constructed from the very fabric of the universe – and may have existed since the beginning of time. So yes, there is a part of your consciousness that is non-material and will live on after the death of your physical body.

Source: http://www.mindopenerz.com/does-the-soul-exist-evidence-says-yes/

Article 2:
A book titled 'Biocentrism: How Life and Consciousness Are the Keys to Understanding the Nature of the Universe' has stirred up the Internet, because it contained a notion that life does not end when the body dies, and it can last forever. The author of this publication, scientist Dr. Robert Lanza who was voted the 3rd most important scientist alive by theNY Times, has no doubts that this is possible.

Beyond time and space:
Lanza is an expert in regenerative medicine and scientific director of Advanced Cell Technology Company. Before he has been known for his extensive research which dealt with stem cells, he was also famous for several successful experiments on cloning endangered animal species.
But not so long ago, the scientist became involved with physics, quantum mechanics and astrophysics. This explosive mixture has given birth to the new theory of biocentrism, which the professor has been preaching ever since. Biocentrism teaches that life and consciousness are fundamental to the universe. It is consciousness that creates the material universe, not the other way around.
Lanza points to the structure of the universe itself, and that the laws, forces, and constants of the universe appear to be fine-tuned for life, implying intelligence existed prior to matter. He also claims that space and time are not objects or things, but rather tools of our animal understanding. Lanza says that we carry space and time around with us "like turtles with shells." meaning that when the shell comes off (space and time), we still exist.

The theory implies that death of consciousness simply does not exist. It only exists as a thought because people identify themselves with their body. They believe that the body is going to perish, sooner or later, thinking their consciousness will disappear too. If the body generates consciousness, then consciousness dies when the body dies. But if the body receives consciousness in the same way that a cable box receives satellite signals, then of course consciousness does not end at the death of the physical vehicle. In fact, consciousness exists outside of constraints of time and space. It is able to be anywhere: in the human body and outside of it. In other words, it is non-local in the same sense that quantum objects are non-local.

Source: http://www.sott.net/article/271933-Scientists-claim-that-Quantum-Theory-proves-consciousness-moves-to-another-universe-at-death

So what do you think?
Your views/opinions will be highly appreciated.
Don't hoard your knowledge, IMMORTALIZE YOUR THOUGHTS NOW

1 Like

Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2014
Would like ur ideas pls. Don't just read and skip thru
Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Wizemmanuel(m): 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
The soul of man have nothing to do with flesh or physicality, scientist can't even discover the mystery behind life.
Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Rendezvou: 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
science is gradually coming back to its senses.

2 Likes

Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 11, 2014
Wizemmanuel: The soul of man have nothing to do with flesh or physicality, scientist can't even discover the mystery behind life.
If it has nothing 2 do with flesh or physicality, then are u saying d flesh can do without it? Is the soul not d animating and rational principle of the body? Perhaps body and soul are intertwined in a way we are fully yet 2 understand

1 Like

Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Rossikki: 10:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
Of course there is no such thing as death. Only the body 'dies'. We are not our bodies. We are powerful, immortal beings who most definitely transcend physical expiration. Our ancestors have known this for thousands of years. It was christians and muslims who came and confused our people with their nonsensical beliefs about ''you must believe in blah blah blah to be saved''. Utter garbage.

3 Likes

Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
Rossikki: Of course there is no such thing as death. Only the body 'dies'. We are not our bodies. We are powerful, immortal beings who most definitely transcend physical expiration. Our ancestors have known this for thousands of years.
Well said. It seems to me that our ancestors got most things right when it comes to metaphysics. Science is just catching up. There are beliefs that seem nonsensical or irrational but recent scientific breakthroughs are confirming (or sth close to that) such beliefs or ideas. For example, the ancient Hindus (far far back before Aristotle) always believed in the concept of the universe as the cosmic brain or super brain and that the human brain is exactly a miniature version of the universal brain: The structure of the universe is exactly like the structure of ur brain. Science is now pointing evidence in favour of this. Would open a thread on this.

What about the deluge and Noah's saving ark as recorded by the bible and other ancient books? Some might be quick to dismiss them as fairy tales but scientific discoveries are actually in favour of these 'fairy tales'.

What about the 'scientific Eve'? Recent researches has shown that the human race descended from a single woman (prints from mitochondrial DNA which can only be passed through the mother and not the father). Though it does not conclusively prove that this scientific matriach is the same as the Bibilical Eve, perhaps the Bible account could be right after all. Perhaps. Pls read more on that.

Perhaps we need to start learning the wisdom of our ancestors and not dismiss them as crude ignorant men who only believed in fairy tales.

Secondly, pls don't cast aspersions on anyone's religion. The christians/muslims have always maintained in 'creatio ex nihilo' (creation out of nothing). Recent advances in quantum physics is leaning in support of 'creatio ex nihilo', even though christians/muslims have been ridiculed as being ignorant for believing such.

Perhaps almost all cultures/institutions/belief systems have sth right about them. So pls don't be too quick to label anyone's belief system as nonsensical

2 Likes

Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by italo: 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
Science says "no" today...and "yes" tomorrow.

Our faith is immovable. We have souls! God says so!

1 Like

Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
quantum information cannot be destroyed. ok.
if we extrapolate, I can then say that my laptop has a soul.
But even flies and goats have souls as their brain quantum information also dissipates after their death.
yeye xtians, always clutching at straws.

2 Likes

Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by texanomaly(f): 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
ChokolateBoss:
Well said. It seems to me that our ancestors got most things right when it comes to metaphysics. Science is just catching up. There are beliefs that seem nonsensical or irrational but recent scientific breakthroughs are confirming (or sth close to that) such beliefs or ideas. For example, the ancient Hindus (far far back before Aristotle) always believed in the concept of the universe as the cosmic brain or super brain and that the human brain is exactly a miniature version of the universal brain: The structure of the universe is exactly like the structure of ur brain. Science is now pointing evidence in favour of this. Would open a thread on this.

What about the deluge and Noah's saving ark as recorded by the bible and other ancient books? Some might be quick to dismiss them as fairy tales but scientific discoveries are actually in favour of these 'fairy tales'.

What about the 'scientific Eve'? Recent researches has shown that the human race descended from a single woman (prints from mitochondrial DNA which can only be passed through the mother and not the father). Though it does not conclusively prove that this scientific matriach is the same as the Bibilical Eve, perhaps the Bible account could be right after all. Perhaps. Pls read more on that.

Perhaps we need to start learning the wisdom of our ancestors and not dismiss them as crude ignorant men who only believed in fairy tales.

Secondly, pls don't cast aspersions on anyone's religion. The christians/muslims have always maintained in 'creatio ex nihilo' (creation out of nothing). Recent advances in quantum physics is leaning in support of 'creatio ex nihilo', even though christians/muslims have been ridiculed as being ignorant for believing such.

Perhaps almost all cultures/institutions/belief systems have sth right about them. So pls don't be too quick to label anyone's belief system as nonsensical

Nice!
Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by texanomaly(f): 9:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: quantum information cannot be destroyed. ok.
But even flies and goats have souls as their brain quantum information also dissipates after their death.

You always seem to speak just enough "truth" to mask its deception...Genius!
Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: quantum information cannot be destroyed. ok.
Laptops, flies and goats are not self-conscious rational entities. If u believe that what makes a laptop a laptop is exactly the same as what makes a goat a goat, and a man a man, then please look in front of the mirror, smile and tell yourself how awesome u are.

Are christians the only people who believe in the existence of the soul? Yes?

Don't come here and give us that i-know-it-all attitude. There's much we still don't know.

Let me ask u sth.

Which of these is easier to believe?
That the universe exploded from an infinitesimally condensed small point (the singularity) having infinite density and energy and is expanding indefinitely right now even as we speak OR that humans are not totally annihilated at death but continue 2 exist in some way which we are yet 2 fully understand?
Think of what I just said: at some point when time began (yes almost all physicists all agree time had a beginning), the whole of matter and energy in this universe was concentrated in a point (the singularity) smaller than u can imagine (let's just say one-trillionth of the tip of a pin).
Is that not 1million times more mind-blowing than believing in the concept of an immortal soul? Me thinks it is.

Like I said, don't cast aspersions on any1's religion or belief system. YOU DON'T KNOW IT ALL. WE DON'T KNOW IT ALL

1 Like

Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Rossikk(m): 11:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
ChokolateBoss:

Sorry, but Christianity and Islam ARE NONSENSICAL.

They perpetrate LIES, and millions of people have suffered and died needlessly because of those LIES. We must not be afraid to say the truth. It is a LIE that you need to believe in 'Jesus' to be saved. It is a LIE that you must believe in 'Muhammed' to be saved. These are certifiable LIES, meaning those belief systems are NONSENSICAL. It is a LIE that the Creator will torture you for eternity in a fiery hell for not ''accepting Jesus'', or for your 'sins'.

2 Likes

Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
Rossikk:

Sorry, but Christianity and Islam ARE NONSENSICAL.

They perpetrate LIES, and millions of people have suffered and died needlessly because of those LIES. We must not be afraid to say the truth. It is a LIE that you need to believe in 'Jesus' to be saved. It is a LIE that you must believe in 'Muhammed' to be saved. These are certifiable LIES, meaning those belief systems are NONSENSICAL.
What does all this have 2 do with my thread?
Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Rossikk(m): 11:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
ChokolateBoss:
What does all this have 2 do with my thread?

You said in your post:

''So pls don't be too quick to label anyone's belief system as nonsensical''

Merely responding to that.
Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 13, 2014
Rossikk:

You said in your post:

''So pls don't be too quick to label anyone's belief system as nonsensical''

Merely responding to that.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
Now u've labeled them as nonsensical, I still don't get what it has 2 do with d topic of d thread.
Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:39am On Jul 13, 2014
ChokolateBoss:
Laptops, flies and goats are not self-conscious rational entities. If u believe that what makes a laptop a laptop is exactly the same as what makes a goat a goat, and a man a man, then please look in front of the mirror, smile and tell yourself how awesome u are.

Are christians the only people who believe in the existence of the soul? Yes?

Don't come here and give us that i-know-it-all attitude. There's much we still don't know.

Let me ask u sth.

Which of these is easier to believe?
That the universe exploded from an infinitesimally condensed small point (the singularity) having infinite density and energy and is expanding indefinitely right now even as we speak OR that humans are not totally annihilated at death but continue 2 exist in some way which we are yet 2 fully understand?
Think of what I just said: at some point when time began (yes almost all physicists all agree time had a beginning), the whole of matter and energy in this universe was concentrated in a point (the singularity) smaller than u can imagine (let's just say one-trillionth of the tip of a pin).
Is that not 1million times more mind-blowing than believing in the concept of an immortal soul? Me thinks it is.

Like I said, don't cast aspersions on any1's religion or belief system. YOU DON'T KNOW IT ALL. WE DON'T KNOW IT ALL

Please do something for me. Answer a simple question:

Tell me that you believe in all honesty that it is possible that the Flying Spaghetti Monster made the universe and we are blessed if we are lucky to be touched by his noodly appendage?
Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by TopsyKrete: 12:43am On Jul 13, 2014
@OP, have you read the book " Finding of the Third Eye" by Vera Stanley Alder?
It sheds more light on your subject
Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Please do something for me. Answer a simple question:

Tell me that you believe in all honesty that it is possible that the Flying Spaghetti Monster made the universe and we are blessed if we are lucky to be touched by his noodly appendage?
Perhaps this thread is not for u. U'll do me n others some good by leaving it.
Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2014
TopsyKrete: @OP, have you read the book " Finding of the Third Eye" by Vera Stanley Alder?
It sheds more light on your subject
No I've not. Would get the book ASAP. Thanks a lot. I really do appreciate
Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Rossikki: 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
ChokolateBoss:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
Now u've labeled them as nonsensical, I still don't get what it has 2 do with d topic of d thread.

It has a LOT to do with 'the topic of the thread'. Do those faiths even accept that the soul transcends physicality? They seem to teach that the body and soul are the same thing. That 'once you're dead, you're dead'. You lose all consciousness until sometime in the future, when your dead body is 'resurrected' (dependent on if you'd practised their religion during your lifetime). That is why the idea of 'resurrection' is so important to them. Dead bodies returning to life, like some sort of divine zombies. They see man as the physical body. They are deceiving a lot of people.
Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
ChokolateBoss:
Perhaps this thread is not for u. U'll do me n others some good by leaving it.

Very hard question for you?
You keep telling people things but can't even stand by it yourself. Coward.
Re: New Scientific Evidence Points To The Existence Of The SOUL by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2014
Rossikki:

It has a LOT to do with 'the topic of the thread'. Do those faiths even accept that the soul transcends physicality? They seem to teach that the body and soul are the same thing. That 'once you're dead, you're dead'. You lose all consciousness until sometime in the future, when your dead body is 'resurrected' (dependent on if you'd practised their religion during your lifetime). That is why the idea of 'resurrection' is so important to them. Dead bodies returning to life, like some sort of divine zombies. They see man as the physical body. They are deceiving a lot of people.

U should have stayed on d topic and not divert to d number of pple who have died because of religion. What makes u think u're intelligent enough to know absolute truth/falsehood when it comes to metaphysical issues?
What is ur beef with xtianity/islam? Its easy to see ur bias from ur write-ups. I don't understand why u singled them out even though there are hundreds of other belief systems.
I think u're wrong sir as to what u think about the views of xtians/muslims about d soul.
How can u hate what u don't even understand?
U're misrepresenting d beliefs of muslims/xtians and attacking ur own misrepresentation of such. That's classic strawman argument.
Yes those faiths believe that d soul is immortal and transcends d physical realm.
Last I checked, mainstream xtianity/islam held that man's soul is from God, superior to d body and is not annihilated at death. What about canonization of saints in the Catholic Church? Surely they believe that souls of the faithful departed enjoy the beatific vision, else, the whole canonization thing is nonsensical.
Yes they believe in the final resurrection but not d way u put it. They do not also believe that ONLY adherents of their religion would enjoy d beatific vision of God.
Pls what authentic xtian/muslim sources can u cite to support ur claim?
I think its only the Jehova witnesses who believe that man is the same as his body and is totally annihilated at death. They do not believe in the immortality of d soul

(1) (Reply)

24/7 Home Service Repairs For Your Aircondition/refrigerator/washing Machine Etc / Valentine Is Haram For Muslims / Christianity Of Old Versus Christianity Of Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.