Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Why Do We Bite Our Nails? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do We Bite Our Nails? (932 Views)

How To Fix A Whitlow Deformed Finger Nails / Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / Dog Bite And How To Get Antirabies Vaccine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Bite Our Nails? by ezesun(m): 7:13am On Jul 11, 2014
[/color]Why do we bite our nails?
It can ruin the appearance of
your hands, could be
unhygienic and can hurt if
you take it too far. So why
do people do it?
It's not a habit I'm proud of.
It's pretty disgusting for
other people to watch, ruins
the appearance of my hands,
is probably unhygienic and
sometimes hurts if I take it
too far. I've tried to quit
many times, but have never
managed to keep it up.

We all are (or
were) nail biters. Any objection?

Re: Why Do We Bite Our Nails? by faithugo64(f): 7:21am On Jul 11, 2014
Op don't pick offence but how old are you?are you up to 30 and still biting nails?if yes,then you have to see a doctor
Re: Why Do We Bite Our Nails? by ezesun(m): 8:23am On Jul 11, 2014
faithugo64: Op don't pick offence but how old are you?are you up to 30 and still biting nails?if yes,then you have to see a doctor
That won't be neccessary.
It is the deep roots of a
bad habit
Re: Why Do We Bite Our Nails? by Happywoman(f): 12:48am On Jul 12, 2014
http://www.helpguide.org/mental/obsessive_compulsive_disorder_ocd.htm

This could also be a major reason. Words from experts.

(1) (Reply)

Fear Of Ebola..see How Our Governors Are Greeting Each Other..lol / EBOLA : From An Insider / 10 Most Unsuspected Ebola Sources To Be Wary Of And Worried About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.