Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,336 members, 7,954,369 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:47 PM

Successful People Who Failed At First - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Successful People Who Failed At First (34969 Views)

Jamb Official Burnt Alive Today By Jambites Who Failed At The Centre / 12 Successful People Who Failed Miserably First / Your Tribute To All Jamb Candidates Who Failed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 11:24am On Jul 11, 2014
If you haven't failed, you didn't try anything new.... grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2014
Sijioke: 8| Albert Einstein: if asked to name a genius,most people would come up with the name Albert Einstein. Yet even for Einstein genius did not come easy. He had Speech difficulties as a child and was once even thought to be Mentally handicapped.
As a teen he rebelled against his schools reliance on rote learning and failed. He tried to test into Zurich polytechnic, but failed again ( although he did very well in the math and physics section.....as you might expect)
Einstein buckled down,received the requisite training and applied to zurich polythechnic again, and of course was accepted.
A few years later he had a PHD and was recognized as a leading theorist. A few years after that he had a Nobel prize for physics and began to be recognized as the genius of our era.
This is false.
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Harmvirus(f): 11:57am On Jul 11, 2014
So inspiring..
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Sijioke(m): 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
Apatheist:
This is false.
what is false there?? They are verified and true stories! But if you want to discourage people who want to start doing new things and become successful people in their generation. Then do it to yourself. Instead of complaining, try and appreciate people who use their time and energy to motivate young minds. Comments like this affects us and the whole nation in general. Please beware!!!.

3 Likes

Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
Sijioke: what is false there?? They are verified and true stories! But if you want to discourage people who want to start doing new things and become successful people in their generation. Then do it to yourself.
Verified by who?
I am not trying to discourage anybody, just trying to correct a common misconception.
Einstein was a genius since forever, he didn't fail any subject, he wasn't mentally ill. The only subject he performed averagely in was French.

1 Like

Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Sijioke(m): 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
Apatheist:
This is false.

2 Likes

Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
Sijioke: 11| Steve Jobs: Steve Jobs was a college drop out, a fired tech executive and an unsuccessful businessman.
At 30-years-old he was left devastated after being unceremoniously removed from the company he founded.
In a 2005 Commencement speech and Stanford University, Jobs explained, I didn't see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successfull was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life".
After his return to Apple, Jobs created several iconic products, including the iPod , iPhone and iPad which have changed the face of consumer technology forever.
And Jobs became one of the richest in the world.
Steve Jobs was never a failure. He was a millionaire by 21, worth $10m by 22 and $100m by 23. It got to his head and he started misbehaving and became over bearing thinking he could make no mistake. He really did not make any mistake though but John Sculley had a different view from Steve and resulted in the sack of Jobs.

If at all I learnt anything from Steve, it is to be careful how you sell voting shares to investors because you could own 20% of your company with investors owning not more than 8% individually but they can combine voting strength and push you out.

5 Likes

Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Sijioke(m): 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
blink182: Steve Jobs was never a failure. He was a millionaire by 21, worth $10m by 22 and $100m by 23. It got to his head and he started misbehaving and became over bearing thinking he could make no mistake. He really did not make any mistake though but John Sculley had a different view from Steve and resulted in the sack of Jobs.

If at all I learnt anything from Steve, it is to be careful how you sell voting shares to investors because you could own 20% of your company with investors owning not more than 8% individually but they can combine voting strength and push you out.
source: http://www.stevescottsite.com/successful-people-who-have-failed
http://addicted2success.com/success-advice/15-rich-famous-people-who-were-fired-before-they-became-successful/
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2014
Sijioke: source: http://www.stevescottsite.com/successful-people-who-have-failed
http://addicted2success.com/success-advice/15-rich-famous-people-who-were-fired-before-they-became-successful/
Steve Scott is a human being like you and you should be objective. That is the reason you have a brain, use it!

1 Like

Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Sijioke(m): 12:42pm On Jul 11, 2014
blink182: Steve Scott is a human being like you and you should be objective. That is the reason you have a brain, use it!
more source. http://willhardison.com/blog/never-ever-give-up-20-successful-people-who-first-failed/
http://www.businessinsider.com/15-people-who-failed-before-becoming-famous-2012-10?op=1
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2014

1 Like

Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Sijioke(m): 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
blink182: Believe what you want.
please dont argue with facts you aren't sure with and keep giving baseless facts to fool people around. Because it reduces your value and makes you worthless. THANKS
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Sijioke(m): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
blink182: Steve Jobs was never a failure. He was a millionaire by 21, worth $10m by 22 and $100m by 23. It got to his head and he started misbehaving and became over bearing thinking he could make no mistake. He really did not make any mistake though but John Sculley had a different view from Steve and resulted in the sack of Jobs.
isn't that worth a failure to learn from?..
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2014
Sijioke: isn't that worth a failure to learn from?..
You are just a kid who does not know business history. I never should have started conversing with you. You are just a waste of time and resources. This is what you become when you are incapable of conducting proper research and will rather rely on the story of others instead of pulling information from the source directly.

I said Steve was sacked and you want to capitalize on that, he was not even asked to leave apple only sent to head a team he did not like. He left on his own and sold about 100m shares he had. If there was any mistake at all, John Scully and Mike Markkula are guilty. Apple tanked and.....do you even know those guys? I am just wasting my time here trying to educate someone who thinks he knows it all.

3 Likes

Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Sijioke(m): 1:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
blink182: You are just a kid who does not know business history. I never should have started conversing with you. You are just a waste of time and resources. This is what you become when you are incapable of conducting proper research and will rather rely on the story of others instead of pulling information from the source directly.

I said Steve was sacked and you want to capitalize on that, he was not even asked to leave apple only sent to head a team he did not like. He left on his own and sold about 100m shares he had. If there was any mistake at all, John Scully and Mike Markkula are guilty. Apple tanked and.....do you even know those guys? I am just wasting my time here trying to educate someone who thinks he knows it all.

Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Maxcollins042(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
One major difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is the word "believe",nice one op,am already inspired.
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Maxcollins042(m): 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2014
Apatheist:
Verified by who?
I am not trying to discourage anybody, just trying to correct a common misconception.
Einstein was a genius since forever, he didn't fail any subject, he wasn't mentally ill. The only subject he performed averagely in was French.
Where you take cull this one from,would you also say he didn't experience a speech disorder?
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by dakotchic(f): 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
Truth is the story is inspiring- whether true or false! Just goes to show people can have a turn around no matter what and shouldn't give up. It's edifying in the non spiritual way especially in this unfair world where people are judged at their first failure. Nice write up whatsoever smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
Yeah! Failure is when you give up on your dream but I will rather learn from other people's failure than make one. Failing and standing is really time wasting and life is really short.

1 Like

Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by 9jahubcom(m): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
oh....
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by scriptlance: 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
100% Agree. Thanks for sharing.

http://masterresellrights.in/
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
Maxcollins042: Where you take cull this one from,would you also say he didn't experience a speech disorder?
Read the Wikipedia article on him.

Also, a speech disorder is not a mental illness.
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
Apatheist:
This is false.

You might be right there....

When growing up, I remember being frequently told the proverbial stories about Einstein as a child, how he did poorly in school and even failed in mathematics. While Einstein was not necessarily the best student in class, he never did particularly poorly in school, aside from a handful of instances where he ran afoul of teachers that he didn't get along with. And he certainly never failed mathematics.

The relationship between Einstein and mathematics has always been a tenuous one. He considered becoming a mathematician, but chose physics because he felt it could lead to more significant truths about reality.*

Einstein frequently lamented his own problems in mathematics throughout his career, as he went on to revolutionize the field of physics. He frequently enlisted the aid of other mathematicians, including his first wife, to check his work for errors, and they were frequently found which has led some to believe that he was a bad mathematician and probably helped to give rise to the rumour.

Still, the fact is that Einstein had a very firm grasp on sophisticated mathematical concepts, even if he did occasionally need to enlist aid in formalizing his theoretical descriptions. He always understood the mathematics that he was working with once he was able to get help in hammering out the specific details.

Source:http://physics.about.com/b/2007/09/19/physics-myth-month-einstein-failed-mathematics.htm

1 Like

Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
bushdoc9919:

You might be right there....

When growing up, I remember being frequently told the proverbial stories about Einstein as a child, how he did poorly in school and even failed in mathematics. While Einstein was not necessarily the best student in class, he never did particularly poorly in school, aside from a handful of instances where he ran afoul of teachers that he didn't get along with. And he certainly never failed mathematics.

The relationship between Einstein and mathematics has always been a tenuous one. He considered becoming a mathematician, but chose physics because he felt it could lead to more significant truths about reality.*

Einstein frequently lamented his own problems in mathematics throughout his career, as he went on to revolutionize the field of physics. He frequently enlisted the aid of other mathematicians, including his first wife, to check his work for errors, and they were frequently found which has led some to believe that he was a bad mathematician and probably helped to give rise to the rumour.

Still, the fact is that Einstein had a very firm grasp on sophisticated mathematical concepts, even if he did occasionally need to enlist aid in formalizing his theoretical descriptions. He always understood the mathematics that he was working with once he was able to get help in hammering out the specific details.

Source:http://physics.about.com/b/2007/09/19/physics-myth-month-einstein-failed-mathematics.htm
Bless you!!!
Please tell the OP and the people quoting me like Maxcollins042 and Sijioke
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by cj4someone(m): 3:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
Dubby6: Which kind misleading topic b dis...
Y my name no dey dia angry sad angry
Why will i buy a painting for over 1 billion naira.... na wah oo

We each can get our names to the list.

All it takes is a little effort at personal development; what Anthony Robbins calls 'Constant and Never Ending Improvement.'

By the way, whenever you have spare time, spent it with me @ www.okaforchijioke.com
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by freecharles(m): 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
tnx man
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by OLAJADON: 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
How pitiful of vincent van gogh to kill himself, now dat he is dead is work id now recognised. That a big moral leason "no 1 can make u feel inferior without the consent of urself"
am a big fan of thomas edison

1 Like

Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by brothers(m): 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
Op U dey mad ni?
Wey obasanjo and fatai rolling dollar for your list
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by DOWHILE: 3:26pm On Jul 11, 2014
Those are great achievers. Warren Buffet, Bill Gate, and the likes of what the OP mentioned above. I read Steve Jobs' speech after he died a couple of yrs ago and I was shocked and paralised with inspiration. His life was a total surprise nd bewilderment, as if he saw his death coming(though diagnosed of cancer). Most great men are not born, they are made.
Re: Successful People Who Failed At First by MEILYN(m): 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
Please help a nairalander win a competition. Please Go to the link below and see how to help out. Thank U

https://www.nairaland.com/1804120/please-nairalander-win-competition-nasco#24538706

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Stuck In An Elevator (Photos, Video) / 46 Medical Nigerian Students Graduate From Howard University, USA / WAEC Releases 2018 WASSCE Results: How To Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.